Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af Sunday 17 November

Happy Sunday everyone.

Looks like the talk has turned to weather and yes, it was a great day here yesterday. I had a lovely walk (well climb actually) through a forest while daughter was being Robin Hood. She seems to enjoy it a lot. Only problem is that even with lots of sunscreen she gets sunburnt. We may not live in the desert like Pauly does but we do live in a part of the globe that is fierce as far as UV rays go.

Otherwise I did some housework ?and like you Yah, I detest such activities. I have been giving said daughter little talks about the division of labour and how we all live in this house together

I see Mick has morphed into McMurphy ? you can?t keep away from those lock-up places can you! Maybe tomorrow Mick will have become Nurse Ratched. Hope you are safe and sound from the winter storms.

Hi there SF ? hope your weekend is going well with your boys. I don?t mind working at night if it's the more creative side of my work- it's the admin that's a drag.
    Yoga, including Bikram yoga, is popular here.

PPQP (and other Canucks?) - how did people react to the mayor of Toronto? For sure he is not the poster-boy of substance abuse and alcoholism. I guess he proves that alkies too can be obnoxious, unattractive, in-denial jerks ? but I am fed-up with all the sick jokes about him. Its so easy to laugh at the fall-down drunk. I just wonder what wider conversation this may have opened-up about alkies.

Lav ? have you walked away the coffee yet? You deserve this break ? and I betcha its nothing compared to the time you spent sitting nursing another sort of beverage in the past!

Well I have another gratitude to report. The other night daughter went out after one of her exams ? that was OK, she had permission to do so and she was in a group of friends ? but we are not used to her going out ? and also she does have a boyfriend now. I found myself handling this much more calmly than if I had been drinking. I also had the fall-back to know that I could always get in the car and collect her late at night. She was really fine when she came home so that was not the issue ? but I did have to field some panicky texts from her friends? parents. So I was grateful that I was AF that evening and that I did not over-react to what I did not see as a crisis. (I think for once memories of my own wayward teenage years helped me put this in perspective too).

Sorry that was long-winded ? but it's been a morale booster for me to see how my sobriety may help me through daughter?s teenage years.

Very best to everyone else ? Bear, Det, Sun, Molly, the lurkers from the Army !!!, Sam, SL and one and all.

Enjoy your Sunday.

af Sunday 17 November

Greetings to all in FABland!

I'm time travelling! It's still very much Saturday here, but what the heck

Sorry, I've been MIA for much of this past week - work has got me wrapped up pretty good. Not much time for musing this weekend, either, as Hurricane Landen has descended upon this usually quiet dwelling I haven't had him in a while and his parents (my son & g/f) are moving this weekend, so I thought this was a perfect time to take the little one man wrecking crew off their hands.

Had a great AA meeting last night... spent an hour with my sponsor before, and there weren't very many people at the meeting thereafter. I seem to feel more comfy in smaller groups. This was the first time, too... that someone came up to me after the meeting to discuss something I'd said. A couple other guys joined in... I like that. It's really good to see so many successful old timers there. Gives ya hope

Tree... well done on the teenage front! It's a tough time, no doubt about it. For them, and for us, too. You know, throughout my drinking career, I've thought many times, what if something happened? What if I got a call in the middle of the night? It's a great feeling to be available (or just conscious, even) in case they need us.

And with that, I'll love ya and leave ya. I've also got a cold (again - thanks to Mr. Sun).. so I think I'll just head to bed early today. Have a fantastic sober Sunday, everyone!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

af Sunday 17 November

Sunshine...I always try to post on the latest thread regardless of the day. Hope you are having a great evening.

Lav-I love being lazy. Mainly because I never was good at it....I am getting much better at the lazy thing!

Mick-I know that weather....moved from it three years ago. As far as the Music Awards...us locals just go on about our business. Love the $$ it attracts to the city though. I just went through our new convention center and was astounded! The internet has its pitfalls...but, since I am not into terrorism....I'll use it for the good stuff

Det...hope you are feeling better.

TT....I can't agree more on being sober for the teenage years...that are headed my way...yikes!

Sam 10 days of yoga sounds like a dream. Enjoy your free music time!

Yoga in the south is very non-spiritual. When I first moved here I was astounded....but the Bible Belt certainly prevailed. So my practice has not felt "full", since moving here. I recently tripped over a yoga studio that is probably the only studio in town that incorporates the true philosphy of yoga. I am becoming fast friends with several like minded people.

Went to a Kirtan tonight with my youngest. This being Music City.....they will take all the beer drinking songs....but, Kirtan is hard to find. My son and I had such a great time. He loved the music and the whole atmosphere....he is even going to a chakra workshop with me tomorrow.

Have a super sober Sunday!

Comment

af Sunday 17 November

morning ebberybuddy ..4.30am ..cold ,and raining apart from that sound ..out doing fings today hence the early up...you know that same trend falls through tt s thread and sushines...the ability to be in charge,ie if something happened ,jump in the wheels and drive...In the past ,for me driving this morning would have been a novelty, nursing a mini hangover ,either praying that I wouldnt get pulled,or making excuses why I couldnt drive ..no more of that bs!!Big hello to you all

see you later..theres coffee here but it will be cold by thetime you get to it!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

af Sunday 17 November

Yes Mick (and Sun)- its great to be able to feel able to feel in charge (well sort of) - but at least AL is not a deciding factor anymore about what I can and can't do. Being AF also makes travelling so much easier as well.

Hope our traveling abber (Det) is getting lots of rest this weekend,

Comment

af Sunday 17 November

Good morning Abbers,

Working on today's pot of coffee & enjoying every drop

TT, being totally present in your teen's life is a blessing although challenging & borderline shocking at times :H Enjoy this special time, it doesn't last forever!

Hey sunni, glad AA is helping you out
            I am expecting two little house wreckers around 1 pm today. Glad I had a decent night's sleep - need the energy to keep up with them :H

SF, I think it's cool that your son is interested in chakra work. There's hope for the newest generation developing a sense self-care early on

Mick, hope your day is going well.
            Greetings to everyone else, sending wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday for all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af Sunday 17 November

Mae everybody,not much going on with me,thought id check in anyways,hope everyone has a good sunday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X