Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to say held my own over Christmas weight wise, went over count a bit drink wise Christmas Eve, but modded Christmas Day. I did not drink yesterday. I just may have started my 30 days AF on Dec 26.

Slept well which is a huge plus as most days AF I don't sleep well at all. Took a Benadryl and my, it settled down my allergies big time. This a.m. I walked 4 miles, then did Cool It Off (yoga like) for 1 hr. Forget how stiff & inflexible one gets, esp. at this age!

I hope some others join me, but I am going to use this as my accountability thread. And for now that includes both weight and AF days even though this is on Long Term Moderators. Encourage you to use however works best for you.

TMH
    12/26. Day 1
    12/27. -2.6#, Day 2
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hi there, can I join in? I don't have much weight to lose but I know that's not really the point. I feel bloated and pudgy because I've been eating wrong for my particular metabolism so I'd like to start eating clean again. For me that's Paleo!

I start Baclofen on Monday so I hope also to be AF most of the time but going to take it slow and go where the baclofen takes me one day at a time. I'll punch in periodically with how I'm doing too. Thanks for getting this going, ToMyHealth and Merry Christmas
      JMum
      My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Love to have you join in, JMum! I'm sure more will after the 1st. I hear you on how you feel even though you don't have a lot to lose.

Hope the Baclofen works well for you. Here's to a slimmer, more sober us in the new year!

TMH

Comment

Started my exercise plan this week. Goal to work out 3 days a week. Have done 2 times so far. Not bad considering the holidays. I did not drink yesterday, but late Christmas party tonight. Good luck to us all on our course to better health!!!!

Comment

Well gave in to my weird feelings yesterday and had a good 3 glasses of chardonnay. Ugh as today no motivation to workout, keep snacking. It's become a Lifetime movie day, now watching The Presidents' Cup (golf).

Plans are firming uo for NYE and looks like I will be the designated driver. I am looking forward to feeling great tomorrow and the next and New Year's Day,

Fancy, tell us about your exercise plan. Did you get the 3rd one in today?

TMH
            12/29. Day 1

Comment

I did get my third one on Saturday...yea!!! I am sweating to the oldies with Richard Simmons. I know, pretty tame by a lot of folks standards, but I am feeling good about it. I like to walk also, but the weather has put that on hold for now. Looking forward to getting at least my three sessions In this week, and working on making healthier food and drink choices as well. I am not feeling very motivated today, but that is always subject to change. Hoping everyone has a great day....

Comment

How long has it been that I had a completely sober NYE? How long has it been that I worked out on New Years Day? Both happened. Not a long workout but a bit of variety. Used ET for 6 min, ran/walked for 2 mi., biked 3 mi, 3 planks, 100 situps. Spent 1 hr+ on practice range also.

Stayed within my 5 hr eating window. I think I eat more when I don't drink. Food sure tastes better.
                Had a little hairy time again tonight wanting a glass of wine, but it passed.

Day 4 Done

Comment

Rinse and repeat except a golf day, then Debbie Siebers Shape It Up. Just did half as it's 78 min.

Tonite had fleeting feeling of boredom, miss looking forward to sitting with dh over a drink or 2 discussing our day (golf game mostly). We eat earlier. Dh pretty much just has a beer with dinner.

As much as it feels good to wake up w/o headache or regret, it feels even nicer to go to bed sober. Hate it when I don't remember going to bed. Hoping sleep is better tonight. Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me. So far been showing a gain this week. What is all that noise about empty calories in alcohol? Patience.

TMH
                  Day 5 Done

Comment

Well, I'm still struggling with the "holiday" mindset. Way do I feel like I must eat differently just because it's Christmas or New Years???? Silly really as there are so many good things to eat that are good for me.

So I think back tomorrow to intermittent fasting. For me that means eating at 3pm with a snack, then dinner at 6pm, then not until the next day at 3pm and rinse and repeat.

I have felt very good on this WOE and it might be a good way to rest my gut. With baclofen in my system now I feel pretty good and this fasting routine might work well.

Good to see some marathoners here. I've done 6, but not for ten years - i'm getting old! Have not done Boston or NYC - they sound like a lot of fun.
                    JMum

PS: I've done the Sweating to the Oldies with RS and loved it - so much fun you don't really notice the workout.
                    My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

JMum, My WOE also. Which 6 marathons have you done? Marathoning and ultramarathoning was my life for 20+ yrs. Not a bad focus.

Do you still run? Yest my short little run was walk 2 min, run 1 min. for the 2 miles but just getting back to it. A recent visit to a pulmonary dr. has cleared up some of my issues. Have exercise induced asthma.

Good luck tomorrow with IF.

Comment

Hey! Another marathoner! Hurray! Jazi... you are in great company here! And also, I have to be honest and tell you that I have been holiday-eating too. Ah, well. Time to get back on the plan and make my focus good quality/smaller amounts/ and dang it... cut out the M&Ms! I have more pounds to lose than the others here, as I have always been a bigger girl. Tall, but not tall enough to make my weight right. So. 20 pounds is my goal.

Comment

Hey, when I was able to run my life was totally focused on that. I married a man who has run 72 marathons - yes, 72 full marathons - he ran his 70th in his 70th year. Forgot to tell you, I'm 68!!

As a treat when we first started going together he flew us to Montreal (from Calgary) and we both ran the Montreal Marathon. My family were at the finish waiting for me - so much fun. I was in my late 40s when I started running and I've never been fast but I was so healthy then!!

I've done Montreal, Victoria, the first Rock & Roll marathon in San Diego, the Avenue of the Giants in No. California, Las Vegas, and the Niagara Falls marathon.

But I can't run now. When training I injured myself - groin pull - and it's never healed properly. So I've had to stop - done some Halfs, and lots of 10K and 5Ks but just too much pain really to continue. When I think back to how focused I was, and how much effort I put into training - even going for runs in -30F and snow, with Husband - and we thought it was fun!!

I wish I could summon up all that energy and focus. I guess I could - just have to want it enough.

Re eating and weight: I've got an extra 5 lbs that are sitting around my middle - got to come off! So back to try to make healthy eating my "running" focus. Glad to have this group to help!

PS I've had that exercise asthma too.

Comment

Is today your starting day NNG? Know you got a nice walk in yesterday.

Jazi, hear you on that was your life. My present hubby and I literally met while running. When first married, all our vacations revolved around races. 72 marathons! Wow. I lost track, but ran 50-60 and 20 ultras. Only one I've done that you did was Las Vegas. Think it was in 1992. I did the first Prince Edward Half Marathon in Picton, Ontario. Cancer at age 55 slowed me down. Am 65 now.

Similar wt goal as you. Started out at wanting to lose 7.5#. Have lost almost 3# and it literally is a size but then I think that is because of WOE and not just the lbs. lost. And as TUT says ' my healthy, but slightly overweight body"....what the heck? Somewhere along the line I signed up for these daily motivational emails, enjoy them, but know "they" are watching me. LOL

So today was 10 min on ET (75 cal), ran/walked 2.5 miles, biked 3 miles, 3 15 sec planks, 100 situps.

TMH
                            Fri Weigh In: 116.6, -.2 for week; -2.8 Total
                            AF Day 6

Comment

Holy Cow! ToMyHealth, you only weigh 116.6 lbs?????? You must be tiny....I'm 5'6" and am feeling bloaty at 135. My goal is 128, where I feel my best - but to get there I really will have to cut calories as well as eat very low-carb...and that's hard!!

I'm so impressed with your marathon numbers...you must have had some wonderful experiences and met some great people. And 20 ultras...did you ever do the one in the Keys - I can't remember what it's called my Husband did it one year. Started in Marathon, and ended in Key West - very very hot and he really suffered. I was hydration crew and we both had a great time. I tried an ultra of 50K once. We went to Texas for that one - can't remember the name but it was in Huntsville and run on trails through the woods. I DNF because of pain, but it was pretty fun nevertheless. It was dark when the 50 milers came in - they used those Star Wars light wands to see on the trail. And the food at the water stops was phenomenal - they had salted boiled potatoes!! and M&M's too!

I'd love to hear some of your stories if the others don't mind. Re your motivational e-mails - that's tough!! I signed up for the Joke of the Day e-mails and I have a good laugh every morning - much more do-able!!

Comment

To be clear, am not tiny. A carnival barker would guess I weigh in my 120's. Not that that is bad, it is just that I am small boned so appear to weigh more than I do. I'm 5'4".

Since I started this thread to journal my weight and drinking and life in general, I feel free to answer your questions. BORING ALERT, no, never ran in the Keys. My Sis-in-law just did a Keys bike ride in Nov. could it be possible we were at the Sunmart Trail Run at the same time? 1st time I ran the 50K, went with a group of women. 2nd time dh &I ran the 50 miler, it was the year there was an escapee from Huntsville prison. I will never forget how dark it was! I got very disoriented, thank God dh was with me. Quite the experience.

Love how good coffee tastes being AF! Slept great with no sleep aid except a cup of tea.

Playing golf this afternoon. Cold now but by then should be low 70's. Need to call my son this a.m. Make sure everyone is ok in the frozen tundra. He got divorced 3or 4 yrs ago and is bringing gf down to visit us in Feb. we have met her several times; am very much looking forward to seeing them.

Have a great mod weekend!

TMH
                                AF Day 7

P.S. Love each and all of you sharing your journey here too! Just am saying there may be a time down the road when I will want to look back on this particular time in my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X