Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Congrats, Stewarts!

I went swimming again this morning. I'm back at it a couple of times a week after a long winter of going very irregularly. The pool is just too crowded during the academic session. But, I'm still not able to do five laps in a row front crawl. I panted through four this morning and then had to switch strokes.

So, goals here - work out more regularly; keep swimming and get the five laps of crawl back.

Be well everyone.

Comment

The runs are still going strong. I just did a 3.7 miler averaging 7:31. That is more of what I'm shooting for, the other one from the other week was an anomaly. I think I could do that more often with a watch on, who knows, I usually only run 6's if I'm doing mile repeats or something like that.

I think I need to work on some strength though...

Comment

I am back at it, too. I smiled to read Stewarts' fast three miler .... such power! Good for you, my friend. I have to be happy much lower down on the speed scale, but I am content just to log miles again. I took such a long break earlier this summer and still feel loggy and slow because of it. Step by step in the right direction, as I say.

TMH, I've joined you on the 30-day af. You are a week or more ahead of me, but I'll get there eventually. Odd that we aren't sleeping better. Ah, well. All things come to she who waits.

Comment

Well, guys, I got lackadaisical and blew it. It just didn't seem very important, and I felt totally bored as much as I hated when my kids would say that when they were little. Even MWO wasn't holding my interest. The interesting part is even though I kept working out, tracking food/calories I gained back 2 of the 3# I had lost.

In retrospect I had 2 triggers besides the lack of caring. Was with friends at club after golf, and bartender was wine tasting shopping for a new house wine. She shared. Was it fun? Heck, ya. And we entertained, had 2 couples over for dinner last Sat night.

I am pleased to say I made it to double digits but still it is another 30 day failure. NNG, you go for it. I know you can do better than I.

TMH
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Hey, TMH, you are doing great. I am so glad it was fun, and this is a reason we are on the moderating sites, not the abstaining sites. Congrats on getting to the double digits!

We have out of town acquaintances in visiting, and they came over last night before all of us going out to dinner. I really hesitated to have them to the house, since there is no alcohol to offer, but that turned out well. Then they took us out to a fancy restaurant, ordered a drink each, and my husband gave me the quiet word that it would be okay to have a glass of wine, too. I didn't, but not because I was being strong... just didn't want one.

It has been so hot here recently that we have to get our training walks in before 9 in the morning. I haven't gotten on the scale because I really don't care how much I've gained - I just know it is more than I wanted.

TMH, I agree with you about how things have seemed a bit - well, yes, boring on the boards recently. Better than bombastic, I suppose. We all needed a summer break, I guess.

Comment

TMHyou're moderating, right? It sounds like you're doing very well actually

Comment

Hello~ taking the day off. Enjoying the British Open. Rory is doing so well, and commentary is great. And always like watching Tiger, altho he is struggling.

Left hamstring is bothering me. Believe it is increased walking or steps wearing golf shoes. Lots of rain results in cart path only on some of the holes. The slump I have felt was true with my golf game also. Until yest. Not a good front 9; it came back on Hole #10 and was fun again. Just in time as tonight we have a Pairings Party for Summer Survivor Tournament. Good to have confidence back.

This afternoon I plan to go buy an Aqua Jogger and run in the pool for add'l exercise, cardio w/o it being weight bearing. Chlorine will be good for mosquito bites too.

NNG, that's funny, it's rare that I don't want that glass of wine but it does happen! Guapo, yes I am a moderator. Sometimes thinking about all this so much just makes it worse. You attract what you think about. Anyway, in a much better place now.

Thanks for sharing how you all are doing. I like to hear.

TMH

Comment

It's a good Monday morning here. Switching up the exercise program. Did HeavyHands (HH) for 1 mile. Used ET for 100 cal, then hopped on outdoor bike for 30 min (5 mi). Did not find the Aqua Jogger on shopping trip but found good price for one online. It's on its way!

Good Mod Sunday - went to church Sat night so could get up & watch British Open on Sunday. That was some excellent golf! And not only do I have a hard time believing I try play the game but watch on tv?? It's so emotional to me to see how the competition is happy for the winner; it's such a positive sport. Went out & played 9 holes, drank moderately, slept great, like 9 hrs.

Life is good.

TMH

Comment

Well into August. Still working my program, not as many AF days as I should have. Today hit the Fitness Center and did UB, 30 min on ET, 30 min on bike, 15 min pool running.

Hit my 1st wt loss goal, treated myself to new nails and pedicure. Now I've been up about 1/2# so have that plus the next couple down for another "treat". Know if I just quit drinking those lbs would come off.

Just made a huge pot of veggie soup and am going to enjoy!

TMH

Comment

Feeling positive here. Back on Fast-5 WOE, not horribly strict, let life enter in, but it's been about 3 weeks now and feels more natural.

Today I am going to do a workout tape (Firm V.1), go aqua jogging, and tonight dh and I are going to go either walking or bike riding at 5p --- weather permitting. Rains almost everyday during late afternoons in summer in FL. Reminded him we can always use side by side treadmills in Fitness Center. Oh, fun! LOL

TMH

Comment

Working...
                      X