Where do I concentrate? Lose wt or AF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ToMyHealth, glad you are doing so well, with AF Day 7. Thanks for sharing. No I don't remember there was an escapee the year we did Sunmart - I had forgotten the name. What sticks in my mind was the huge pasta dinner the night before, and the tons of give-aways.

You mentioned that you were starting to train again?? I can barely go for walks but I could if I started slow and built up some muscles again. Hard to do in a foot of snow and icy sidewalks/roads/trails - but spring will be here soon (how's that for optimism?) and I will be out there again.

The intermittent fasting is a non-starter for me again. I used to be able to do it but yesterday I just felt I needed to eat. Once day one is done it's easier right? The body gets into a rhythm.

Hope your day is fun, and happy golfing.
    My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Hi J-Mum and TMH. So, I haven't really started yet, TMH. But I WILL, I promise. Not promising you, I am promising myself. Today will be better than yesterday, and Monday is my start day.

J-Mum, I have only done two marathons, so I am in total amazement of both you and TMH. (You actually take my breath away, TMH. Whew. I have friends who do ultras, but no, not me.) However, J-Mum, as TMH knows, my marathons were run/walking. I practice the Galloway Method, and it truly works for me. I love the run/walk/run method. If you are interested in using this plan to get back, google the name. Great guy, wonderful method he developed. And such fun!

Comment

Weekend just flew! Sat turned into a rainy day so no golf. Instead I tackled BR closet. Late afternoon I took a 3 mile walk in light rain. Felt kind of refreshing. Sunday was early church, then we got the decorations down & packed away, then 9 holes of golf.

Things are going well. 10:00a is witching time eating wise. Get theough 10-11 and easily make it til 2or 3. 5p is witching time drinking wise and sit down to dinner & it's passed. JMum , yep in a rhythm.

Happy Start Day, NNG,

TMH
        8 Days Done
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Excellent Monday except no workout. Shopped instead. Just as in cleaning closets, if the mood hits me go with it! May not happen for 6 more months.

Experienced a bit of a switch last night. 5:30 dh came home, my mind wandered to not drinking = nothing to look forward to in the evening. Finishing dinner I thought hhmmm, a nice hot bath, new Karen Neuberger pjs, cup of peppermint tea. Life is good.

TMH
          9 Days done, Start of double digit days

Comment

Hi everyone. yes, nonamegirl I used the Galloway Method. As a matter of fact that's what got me running as a local Running Room store was hosting a "run your first marathon" workshop featuring that method. I always used the 'run 9 walk 1' method myself. I gotta admit I always was very slow! Usually had to do a lot of walking in marathons - certainly walked through the water stops. I don't think I have a fast twitch muscle in my body!!!

On the WOE front I'm still overeating when I do eat. The fasting is not happening. I'm not gaining but not losing either. Oh well, I have to decide just what I do want...I keep changing my mind because it all seems so hard. Now that I'm using baclofen I'm just so darned relaxed it's hard to be FIRM with myself.

TMH, so glad to hear about your switch moment!
            JMum
            My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

And then there is today. The days are adding up very, very, very slowly. 10 days? You've got to.be kidding me. It feels like double that! And it feels a bit boring today.

Just got off the phone with a lady in our neighborhood asking for a favor. She coordinates Dinners for 6. In Jan, Feb, Mar we either host 2 couples or go to other homes as guests. Each couple contributes, but as host you provide beverages and entree. She asked if I would accept a 7th at our home and also is assigning me for Jan. Next weekend we have company. Last weekend in month is a big 3 day golf tournament so that leaves one weekend. Then she reminded me doesn't have to be on a weekend. Think it's more but, hey, I'm not drinking this month so can I have a different month? Is what it is.

Well, made it until 2p today without eating but can't seem to quit once I started. Time to get out the door for a walk so I can earn a little dinner. Wonder what tomorrow will bring. Can sure relate to the abstainers when they say the newness of being AF wears off. Sorry if sound a little down.

On to a relaxing peaceful evening!

TMH

Comment

Hi ToMyHealth. Boy you sound busy and that's good. So you are asked to do something that you really don't want to do? I think from the tone of your post you said NO???? Hard to do but good.

Can I post a link here to a low-carb site? It's very interesting and really gave me a boost this morning. My fasting is going well, but like you TMH I find I really eat a lot when I break the fast at 3pm. Anyway have a read of this post and see what you think:

“Eat Like A Predator, Not Like Prey”: The Paleo Diet In Six Easy Steps, A Motivational Guide - GNOLLS.ORG

Hope this is oK to post here? JMum

Comment

Actually, we had signed up for Dinner for 6. And the extra person isn't really a problem.. I may switch months, although it's kind of nice to get it out of the way and then just be guests.

Thanks for the article, JM. Interesting. I have been craving carbs & sweets big time and as I type I thinh, duh....it's part of not giving the body alcohol. How long is your eating window? Today I've totally blown it. Had light brkfst & lunch. Do you workout?

Tonite is 1st of 4 parties for rest of month. That's in addition to Dinner for 6 night. Am I complaining? No. Am I weakening? Yes.

Ok, going to go groc shop, then workout.

Comment

Hi TMH. No I don't work out. I have lots of back problems that keep me lazy! My eating window is between 3pm and 7pm. I have been having meat at 3pm and then dinner with Husband at 6pm - sometimes a really big salad, always with walnuts, or sometimes more meat.

You are so social!!! We hardly go out and almost never have anyone over. Husband doesn't like to entertain - he usually goes out with his friends for band practice or for music and beer on Saturdays. I'm pretty much a stick in the mud - especially now that I'm feeling so dopey on baclofen - but spring is just around the corner and I'll bounce back.

Have a wonderful time tonight and stay strong!!

Comment

Update: realized I wasn't keeping Drink Tracker up & then thought well, it's boring. All zeros. Nolonger. I did my usual - last a couple weeks. It also seems I don't do both AF and watch my weight well. Got into junk food big time.

That's that. It's still 2 weeks where at least the body was off alcohol.

TMH

Comment

Hi everyone, I just have to share my happiness with you. Tonight is my first AF night in a long, long time and it's all due to baclofen. I did have three sips of wine but it was just to confirm that I didn't want it :H

I felt indifferent to alcohol!!!

JMum

Comment

Yay for you, JazzM. That didn't take too long. Probably seemed like it did to you. LOL

Curious - any side effects from the baclofen?

TMH

Comment

Hi TMH, yes my side effects are dopiness and sleepiness, but they are just so relaxing -deeply relaxing - that I'm enjoying them. I also sleep better than I have in YEARS. I'm retired so don't have to get up and go - thank goodness. But when I'm feeling sleepy I just get up and move - and I'm fine - don't feel the dopiness once I'm moving.

Knock on wood, I've not had any of the negative SE's, at least not yet. I intend to titrate higher with the bac next week by about 10 more mgs x 4. I want to really lock in this indifference!

JMum

Comment

On the weight loss front, I'm losing the water weight over the last day or two. I've also upped my fat intake and have eaten hardly any carbs. Works so well. Now to get a WOE that I can live with longer term. I've gone back to my old blogs that I read regularly and that usually gets me back on track - Paleo is where I'm headed.

How's everyone doing? It's been pretty quiet here!!
                              JMum

Comment

Hi~ jMum yes guess it's you and me. NNG may just be working at getting healthy.

Looks like I need to go the LCHF route in conjunction with F-5. Once my window opens I'm eating too much junk. Got the exercise down, walked a brisk 5 miles yest as it's been beautiful weather wise.

Dh & I had discussion about calories & sugar in chardonnay and JD. He checked. Zero sugar , zero carbs in both. Doesn't seem right but JD says all are removed in distilling process. Not that the alcohol is good for you.

TMH

Comment

Working...
                                X