Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to stop

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the board, although I've had the MWO book for a few months now. I've been taking All One and the majority of the other supps. I tried glutamine the other day and it gave me awful diarrhea, so I'm thinking of changing to a different formulation w/o magnesium in it. I don't have the CDs yet.

I have to say just taking the supps made a big difference in my mood. I feel a lot better emotionally. I also take Effexor for depression....yeah, I know, alcohol counteracts the effects of the med, which is just one more good reason to stop.

I've tried lots of ways to stop drinking, and so far I haven't had any success. I am REALLY hoping this program will help. I've been in in-patient and out-patient rehab and dabbled in AA. AA depresses the hell out of me for some reason. Maybe it's the war stories. I read a post by someone here who advised avoiding the big AA clubhouses, and that's mostly where I've attended meetings.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Wish me luck!

Mary

Ready to stop

Hi Mary and welcome! This is a pretty user friendly group here and if you're the slightest bit quirky, you should fit in just fine!

No, I'm not the official welcomming commitee. I'm just a SAHM who's blowing off doing the laundry by posting to ya.

Great to have ya join us!

Comment

Ready to stop

Hi Mary;

Welcome to the family! There is alot of support here...

Brandy

Comment

Ready to stop

Hi Mary,

Welcome to MWO! Glad to hear you have the book and have gotten started on some of the supps. This is a great program and I can tell you I have had great success following it and sticking to these boards for support!

There is plenty of support for you here as well, and oodles of information to be had! We are all here to help in whatever way you may need!

Donna

Comment

Ready to stop

Mary--until I found this site I was beginning to feel hopeless. I have to honestly say that MWO changed everything for me, my way of thinking, my view of myself (huge boost in self-esteem), and gave me hope. It also helped me to really really cut down on drinking and also in June to actually abstain altogether!!! Something I just couldn't seem to be able to do at all for more than 2 days or so, when I could manage that much.

Welcome, loads of support here, post often, read read read all the posts, and I for one have to say that the CDs for me made all the difference in the world. And other members have posted some invaluable information too.

Just give MWO a chance.

Ter

Comment

Ready to stop

welcome

Hi there Mary,

I, too am new with only 2 days (really 1 & 1/2 ) days under my belt. you have one up on me as I just received my book yesterday, so just started reading last night.

this is my last hope I think, since I have tried AA on so many occaisions (about 15 white chips, and that is when I had the guts to get up and get one!) the small meeting I went to last night was nice, we got there late, left on time and I didn't drink, don't know about my friend who I went with, but that is not my business.....

I, like you can't wait to get started, and have alot of hope!!!

Keep coming to the boards, these guys are GREAT!!!

Mary Anne

Comment

Working...
            X