Lefty/ Asia/ One Month! and Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all, I am in Thailand today and have a good internet connection so was able to read some of the articles posted by CV and also the New York Times article. It is amazing to read more on the subject and to realize that this isn't all just about some higher power. I have been abs a month and for me that is just wonderful. The best part is that the Campral seems to be working so well for me and I traveled to Singapore for a week and then on to here and made it through all those airports without feeling as though I had to load up at the bar. It is amazing. I love reading the posts on this board. Seems that so many people are on Topra and I get thirsty for more readings on Campral! My plan was to stick with the Campral until I could buy the Top and now here I am in a place that probably has it and I am not at all interested in it at least for this space and time in my life. My son has been sober 20 of the past 30 days and that must be some kind of a record for him. I have spent so much time in Singapore but felt like this is the first time I have ever really seen it. We walked all the time and sat at street cafe's, ate local food, and all the time there was alcohol around but it seemed not to be connected with me.

Sounds like you are all having your ups and downs. I only post when I am up which makes it sound easier than it is probably but I truly do feel as though I am in a good space and I recall unbearable urges that I simply no longer have and I am so grateful. I still need to find a way to get the other suppliments and might try to download the book on this connection. I did get some evening primrose and it was very expensive but I have spent that much on a bottle of wine frequently and never blinked so tried to chalk it up to a business expense. The business of staying sober. Good luck to all and thanks to those who stop by to say hello to me. Lefty

It's wonderful to hear that you are doing so well, Lefty! And it is also wonderful to hear about your son, too! It is all great news! It sounds like Campral has just done wonders for you.

All the best! :P

Kathy

Comment

Hi Lefty!

So good to hear from you again and to hear that you and your son are doing so well! Your travels sound so interesting! Good luck downloading the book and finding some of the other supps! All the best to you!

Donna

Comment

Hi Lefty, Congrats!! I've been focusing on the Topa because of the abs/mods capabilities, but I promise I'll find some on Campra for you. I do know that Campra works best for people who are intent on abstaining...so watch for the campra stuff...There was also a request for more information on the Vivitral (sic) the month long naltrexone injection which was designed because alcholics don't usually take pills regularly. From what I've seen and understood about typical disease progression, the majority of people here, myself included, are not to the full-blown stage of the disease yet which is what most medicines and societies focus on. I'm interested in how successful this is a "preventing" us from progressing to the full-blown stage of alcholism.

Society and medicine do not seem to have made that distinction when it comes to alcohol and addiction. None of this happens to us overnight. In fact, Meth is the only substance that I've heard of spoken as the person can become addicted with their first dose.

Comment

Hello CV and all, Well I am a full blown alchie and have been for a very long time. I lead a fairly good life but have had some miserable moments because of alcohol and all those postings on hereditary consequences is a downer as my two sons starting drinking in their teens and have had a tough road. At times I almost 'blame' myself ... and my parents were alcoholics too. My mother died of Cirrhosis at 47 so we are quite the crowd. We do know how to party though but for the most part it all leads to depression and eventual arguments.

Today I bought L Glutamine and Evening Primrose both made in the USA and imported. WOW it was expensive. I keep thinking I have spent more on a fine bottle of wine but this was outrageous and I certainly hope that it helps keep me the sobriety I so dearly cherish.

Kudzu just isn't anywhere to be found in Asia. I looked all over in several countries and they look at me like I am crazy. No one has heard of it. I also found out today that it is not possible to buy Campral here so I am a bit worried about that. Next stop is India and I would imagine that it will not be possible to buy it there either. I know that Milk Thistle is part of one of their popular supplements but the rest of this is imported and expensive. It is virtually impossible to have drugs sent into these countries so I am going to start taking less of the campral and hope that I can find someone traveling this way. I cut back on Campral a few weeks ago as I thought, why not, it's working well so I don't really need a full dose. WRONG I had a major urge and didn't even realize what was going on until I started journaling and realized the cause and effect. I know my body too well and have lived with powerful urges for way too long not to recognize that this stuff truly is working on me. I am trying not to stress about the lack of meds yet as I might convince my daughter to come to a visit. Now she has an even better reason. One, I'm sober and she loves me that way and Two, I need the Campral! Strange that some of you are sending out overseas for it and I am trying to get it imported. Good luck to all. I also find the research to be a challange to get through at times and I am an RN but it is so helpful to put the pieces together. I wish you all well! Lefty :P

Comment

Working...
          X