Can everyone please tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mods and I am on 150 of topa - and like Kathy on the fence about what I really should be doing- but definitely drinking less than before and much more functioning

Comment

I am doing abs for 30 days at the moment, ten to do, and then I am going to try mods. If I cannot manage that I will do abs forever, (I hope)

kirky

Comment

It only took me around 20 years of trying to moderate to get honest enough to say...

Set one extra plate at the abstinance table please!

Comment

Tried to mod..........didn't work for me. I'm abs for at least until I get to the place that I can control how much I drink. I may not get there for awhile. I just know that my body has started to protest the drinking. I also sleep much better without anything to drink. The cds and sups have helped with that.
          Nancy

Comment

Hi Everyone doing abs, have had 2 slips and probably realise that I will not be able to moderate unless we can get topa in Australia!
            Love Shas

Comment

abs

I needed to do complete abs moderating is a goal I never achieved. Soon to have three weeks!

Comment

Re: abs

I'm on Day 7 of abs and would like to make it through Day 30 and then try to moderate. I'm running the full course - supps and topa (only 25mg so far) and CDs and exercise - and I feel great.

Have high hopes that in moderation I can enjoy an evening out with friends at dinner now and then and even occasionally get a little loopy but never come home and drink afterward. I never want to drink alone again, the habit which got me into trouble in the first place.

Like Kirky, the joy of being able to remember the night before and the night before that and so on is immeasurable.

-B

Comment

Would love to be able to do mod but don't think I have it in me to control it. Just finished my first week AF. Not as bad as I thought. I was tempted more than once but I just new if I had one it would lead to "more than one" and the thought of having to start over with day one of AF was just to daunting to deal with. So for now (and maybe forever) it is abs for me!!:

Comment

1. At first I did abs twice - for 14 day periods. However, in
                    between I began to slip, thinking I could do mods. I didn't
                    have enough abs time in.

2. Made it through one month of abs. Have been slipping a
                    on my second month.

3. Today will be first day of abs for next 6 weeks.

Hope to moderate after that,

Pansy

Comment

Good luck to you, Pansy...I'm rooting for you....
                      Anni

Comment

Have been abs since May 1 with 4 slips(not major).So much better than ever before.Ideally would like abs during week and few glasses of wine on fri/sat but for now believe abs is for me

Comment

Definitely abs for me! I was abstinent for over 11 years and then decided I could moderate...wrong! I tried to moderate for 10 years...it was okay for a couple of years but eventually I ended up literally drinking all day and night... Never actually got drunk drunk, but was never actually sober either....

Now I'm abs again--for good this time.
                          susan

Comment

I feel the same as young at heart...always on the fence about what the hell i actually wan't to do!

I keep promising myself to go without completely but always end up moderating my drinking. one day i may just shock myself. :rolleyes

Comment

Can't moderate, tried its too hard, abs going on 9 weeks! Still love sugar though! I'm going to try and cut back!

Comment

Hi there: I'm trying to cut down drastically on my sugar and have read on other posts that L-Glutamine also helps curb the craving for sugar. I was only taking one a day and now I've increased it to three times a day....is this to much or not enough? How long will it take to work?

Comment

Working...
                                X