Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WELCOME to the Window Shoppers!

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post

If you look at the SCIENCE of addiction, you will find that nothing has changed in your brain regarding AL. You are still addicted to it. There are 1000's of stories about people with 20-30 years of sobriety thinking that they had fallen out of the habit but within DAYS they are right back to their old levels and worse.

Sadly, no words of mine will convince you that ALK'ism is imprinted in your brain now, but maybe your own words above will make you see that every single time you have reintroduced AL into your life, the result is THE SAME.

AL is trying to pull you back down into the hole....don't listen. It's a trap!
    Successful moderation is 7 units per week for a female, that's NOT MUCH for us. Long term moderation? Well, much like unicorns and the tooth fairy, they don't exist. What does long term moderation mean? If you are 50 years old it means titrating your AL intake for the next 30-35 years. I've never seen a long term moderator....and believe me, I've looked. They don't just ride happily off into the sunset. If I could moderate (under the REAL guidelines of it, NOT my own made-up set) I'd be shouting it from the rooftops. That would take massive support to continue that difficult road. Let's face it, we have ALL tried moderation, you've been trying it since 2008....it does NOT work. You can't moderate addiction.

I wish I had a nickel for everyone who has tried this (myself included).... NOT ONE HAS SUCCEEDED. Not ONE. EVER.

Byrdie
    Byrdie... thank you for this wisdom! It didn't really sink in 5 years ago, but as I ponder about your freedom, you are an inspiration to those of us following in your path. Thank you!

Patty
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

Working...
    X