Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Mod Squad

guapo, again...well said...

Yes, totally agree. I think one of the biggest issues is, well, let's face, some of the behavior is acceptable, or people have short memories.

I was thinking of my situation and how I could've avoided it, reality, AL or not, I probably couldn't have. It's funny how easy it is to forget how sick (mentally or physically) the AL can make you when your feeling nerves, or simply want to show someone a good time.

I think I am need to accept who I am now, and not what I was. I am not the big party guy anymore. I spend my weekends with my family up in Rhode Island, not tearing it up along South Hampton, etc. My Saturday will consist of me fishing with my dad and not running around town with some random chick snorting lines off her, etc. If people think I'm "boring" because of that, I guess I can't do anything about it. I can't think I have something to prove or feel like "you should've seen me back in the day."

Or maybe I just need find another way to let my non-professional, "creative" side, if you want to call it that out.

Because gaupo, you're right, while I said my train wreck date last night might have been going to happen anyway, the AL just made it that more dramatic. And would to it turn into.... a drunken sex romp with a "this is not going to work out" text after. The 29 version of me, might have looked at that as a great night...(or maybe more like the 25, version:-) ) But's not me anymore....it's not what I want out of life. I don't think I need to be ashamed to admit that all I really want is a "boring", "normal" life.

Comment

July Mod Squad

HI, all!
      So, Satz, I am wondering just a bit if you are asking us how moderation is going for us because you want to think it doesn't work for anyone (forgive me, we get a lot of this from the abbers, and sometimes it gets a bit sharply toned) or if you are thinking of moderating yourself. I am happy to answer you in either case, and I haven't made it a secret how I feel.

Moderation takes work. It takes a mind willing to give up somethings and choose others. It doesn't work for everyone, but it can work. I am happy with my two or three evenings a week of two glasses of wine. Every once in awhile I do let go and over-indulge, but those times are planned for in advance and taken care of afterward with a good cleanse.

I can happily leave wine in the bottle after my two glasses. I can have a bottle of liquor in the cabinet and not have it draw me. There have been times in my life when those things weren't true, so I believe I can say that moderation is working for me.

Hope everyone is doing well! Stewarts, my friend, I always enjoy reading your long posts. It makes me feel like I've shared an evening with a friend in the city....

Comment

July Mod Squad

HA, NNG, I am glad I am able to entertain.... For the record, I feel a lot better today.... usually the second day after things come into perspective....and even with modding, you learn something every day. I should've shared, and said I didn't want to talk about, instead of feeling uneasy and/or worrying about if I starting coming across as "boring."

Retrospect, it was a good thing. If this girl flipped out like that over something so trivial, and there was no exaggeration, she went from California, happy-go-lucky, kind of ditsy, to literally saying, "I hate you" and "I will hurt you". That's some bi-polar sh@#.

I chatted with some normal girls yesterday, I didn't tell them of the event, of course, just I was having one of those days I could use a hug.

Anyway, I still need to watch some tihngs...my rebel brain likes to come out in matters like this, especially with women...apparently... Because I was with the same person for so long, and married, I forgot what I was like in my early to mid twenties...those nights were like par for the course, truth be told, I even kind of liked them... Wow, I am remembering now my girlfriend before my wife....I was 27, I think, she was from Venezuela, she was Venezuelan and Lebanese...and had the stereotypical cra cra you hear from both cultures, that was an interesting time in my life... LOL

j.

P.S. NNG, in retrospect, that whole night, two nights a go, looking back, was kind of a stupid/funny typical night in NYC with some psycho and nothing more.... I guess in my heart, I just want more out of life..actually, I know I do.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Stewarts;1688020 wrote:

Take it one day at a time. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. And you know what, most people, or I should say a lot of people have problems with alcohol, they just don't see it and I'm not talking about alcoholics, their issues are much more dire - it's life and death.

The good news for you Satz, is you want to do something about it. And you know what. You will.

j.
          Thanks for that Stewarts.
          Thing is - I have done it - as my tag line says - 'MY WAY'.
          I have the Army thread + lots of reading and daily posting on MWO to thank for that.
          And MY WAY was a gradual cutting down then cutting out of alcohol.
          I found once I stopped I did not want to re-introduce it.
          The times I did during the past 2 years I did not like the experience.

I do feel my age and social circle had a lot to do with it too.
          I did the same with cigarettes - I felt I had had my 'innings' so was time to hang up my hat :thumbs:

Most unseemly for a mature lady to be getting plastered in public or at home for that matter.......

Comment

July Mod Squad

satz123;1688337 wrote: ....I found once I stopped I did not want to re-introduce it.
            )
            Well, if you don't WANT to introduce it, then just don't.... :-)

j.

Comment

July Mod Squad

satz123;1688337 wrote:

Most unseemly for a mature lady to be getting plastered in public or at home for that matter.......
              Yep, same here. I'll never do that again. That's for sure. Isn't that why were all here ?

Comment

July Mod Squad

Stewarts;1688341 wrote: Well, if you don't WANT to introduce it, then just don't.... :-)

j.
                I won't if I can help it - and wish best of Irish luck to you all :thumbsup:
                I've always said that being able to moderate alcohol consumption is probably what brings most to this site as the thought of giving up FOREVER is so daunting at first.

Well it was for me - and I've made no secret of the fact that had I been told to stop drinking immediately FOREVER I'd have run a mile

I feel very lucky that I was able to then move on to AF without too much drama. And in a country known for over drinking - I'm a bit of a celebrity in my circle of family & friends.
                Some are jealous they say - a lot are scared shitless to even contemplate a life without alcohol.
                Will I ever drink alcohol again .........probably not - it's a poison and not good for me ....... and just enjoying being AF so much I can't see it to be honest.

Thanks all.

Comment

July Mod Squad

You get double points, considering you're Irish

Am visiting Scotland next month How's that for a challenge? !

Comment

July Mod Squad

guapo;1688459 wrote: You get double points, considering you're Irish

Am visiting Scotland next month How's that for a challenge? !
                    EEEK !!!! :egad:
                    Good Luck

Comment

July Mod Squad

Gee, I'm flying to London tomorrow. But actually, being away from my normal routine, I'm looking forward to less temptations.

Love to all. Satz, I'm glad to know you.

Comment

Working...
                      X