A Fitness Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fitness Journal

I'm so happy to have you both here! You have definitely inspired me today.
    I am packing my gym bag so that I can go directly after work. I've been doing that each day, but have been so exhausted at the end of the work day, that I've come straight home instead. Today I will go no matter what and see how I feel after. Usually I feel great. Thanks for the push!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Well, no official workout today but I helped a buddy of mine do a tree job. Trimmed 3 big oaks and 1 maple tree. Cutting branches down, then cutting them into 18 in logs, then loading them onto a truck. Took us about 6 hours. It was a good workout, a nice day (not too hot), plus I made a few extra bucks!

Don

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Swam to day for 45 minutes. Felt good. Tomorrow I'm going to try and fit in a run although I have a lot of work to do outside.

So where are you guys?

Don

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Don!!! Sorry, I've been such a fitness loser lately. I wanted to post each and every day regardless and I haven't. I'm glad you have!! You're doing great with having some activity/exercise every day. I don't have a great excuse except that I've been exhausted from work. But still, I could try and push myself a bit more... So tomorrow is the 13th (already!) and I will begin again, following through on my plan for the second half of the month. Will you stick with me?? Running's run away..Come back!!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Of course I'll stick with you, but will you stick with me?.....lol. I worked outside for 6 hours today, weeding flower beds, shoveled 2 1/2 yards of mulch. I'm a little sore tonight, a little sunburned, but feel good.

Don

Comment

A Fitness Journal

July 13th

Each and every day now, she promises herself!
              That was quite a workout, Don! Mulch is a killer...
              Today I dragged myself to the track (I know it doesn't sound very positive, but if I don't exercise for more than a day or two, I always have to drag) and ran around a few times. My body felt like it was about 80 years old. But my mood improved.
              Why is it so difficult for me to be disciplined with exercise when it helps me to feel so much better?? I don't think it's just laziness-- something about an object in motion...

Chief, did you see Satz started a Health thread in General? It's pretty fun--
              Hope you have a good Sunday!!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Another 3 yards of mulch today....I'm getting good at this! Tomorrow will be more of the same, a great workout and my yard is looking good!

Don

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Okay, so where the hell is everyone?

I swam for 45 minutes today.

Don

Comment

A Fitness Journal

July 19th

How in the heck can 6 days fly by so quickly??
                    Chief, I also swam about that long yesterday! And the day before I went running.
                    I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym in 10 days-- but until them I am in full time swing with the kids and summer break.
                    Today we are heading to the lake again--I will swim across and back!

What are you up to today? Are you having lovely summer weather??

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Cycled fast (on the road) for 45 minutes, despite feeling like shite (I'm only on day 6).
                      Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

A Fitness Journal

OK, now THIS is a great thread. I love exercise accountability. And sweating helps everything in life! I did intervals on the bike today - endorphins for when lacking time. Sorry to say I missed abs and upper body strength, but tomorrow is Sunday. May just get up and do it. Though it will be hard, as I am clearly typing and not sleeping right now (at midnight). Who has fitness goals? Let's hear 'em and do 'em!
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

July 20th

Hi Redjib and Kensho!!! I think you're both on Day 7 today!! Congratulations! :h

Awesome to have you both here! My only goal, really, is to post each and every day about exercise and fitness. Obviously, I'm not quite there yet! But I will keep on it until I get it down. Because of my very physical job and being full time with the kids when they are with me, I count bike rides to school and work sometimes as my exercise! I am also keeping a nutrition journal, where I am writing down everything I eat-- to see patterns and to deter myself from eating a lot of junk. It's going alright.
                          So yesterday, we rode to the lake and swam.
                          And today we're doing a day-long journey to another lake via train and bike--
                          I'll check in with you all this evening!!

Comment

A Fitness Journal

GOALS.

My GOALS are this:
                            M/W/F: Lift (M=ch/bi - 2 exercises & 3 sets each, W=legs, F=ba/tri/sh = 6am)
                            M/W/TH/SS: Cardio (mix of run/bike/swim, and mix of interval/hard/endurance - abs on cardio days - TH at pool as reward if I have time)
                            * hard part = up at 6:00 (I like morning sleep!!)
                            * also working hard on proper nutrition leaning paleo (but I can't cut out dairy), lots of water, good supplements like omega-3's, B-12, amino acids, multi's and others
                            * GOAL: 8+hrs. sleep every night (or at least in bed for that long)

Tuesdays and one weekend day are days off.
                            Hope to see others checking in with their progress!!
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Hi, Kensho

"Paleo" is such a catch-all term, it doesn't really mean much. I find it easier to think about eating real, minimally processed food that my great-grandmother would have recognized.
                              Any cheese is "processed" in that it is no longer milk per se and maybe our ancient ancestors didn't eat it but our more recent ones did (and my great-grandmother lived to 100) so... I'm going to risk it .

Comment

A Fitness Journal

Aren't omitting grains a component too? Agriculture is a relatively new thing in human history. I read about the overconsumption of grains correlating to the increase if most human diseases... Though It seems likely to me that pollution and plastics and such could contribute. I did eat far fewer grains during my first quit and noticed a higher energy level and fewer cravings for AL.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X