August Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Mod Squad

In scotland at the moment. So single malt scotch was had, but just a wee bit

Have to at least try the distillations here, top notch stuff !!

NNG, your Joy in Moderation idea was trounced a bit in the abstaining group.

Knowing I'll still be able to enjoy really fine beverages like Scotland has to offer from time to time, without having to struggle through life with abstinence to me it is A-OK

Comment

August Mod Squad

Plus, they had a beer, that was aged in oak barrels.

Awesome !!!

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hey, Guapo.
        Have a lovely lovely time there. Wish I could go some day! What a lovely thing! Enjoy. Interesting about the aged beer ...

Thanks also for the heads up about the trouncing. Sometime when I feel like getting into it with someone, I'll look to see what was said, but honestly, really can't be bothered. Perhaps I should just delete the thread since no one is interested much.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hey everybody!!!! Happy August!!! I have been trying to moderate.... but hate to say since my doctor told me to keep doing what I was doing cause it was working.... I have taken advantage of it.I haven't even been here in a while... but I miss you guys! And I hate to admit you all are doing so well I feel ashamed! But also encouraged to keep trying.... so thanks for posting!!! Some of us might not comment all the time but we are reading! So please keep posting!!!! I love you guys!!!! And keep up the good work!!!

Comment

August Mod Squad

New week! Feeling good this a.m. Hope everyone else feels the same.

143 welcome back! No need to feel ashamed; let's look forward.

NNG, thanks so much for b.d. wishes. It was DH on the 6th, mine was just last Sat. Played 2nd round of summer golf tourney. We won and now go to the championship match. So felt great that it was my birthday, we won, and I scored 89. First time I have ever broken 90! Celebrated in club with my favorite - tilapia grilled sandwich and sweet potato fries. Both my ds and dd called later so nice to catch up with them.

How's everyone else doing? Emmy, where are you? Lasha?

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hi, everyone,
              Here's to Wednesday, the middle of a great week!
              All is well here. Rain is helping damp the forest fires, the cool weather is making it feel as if fall is around the corner. All is well.

I did go through some deep introspection last week after Robin Williams' abrupt death. Knowing that we all deal with some of the same demons that he did made me take a good hard look at myself. Of course, I don't have the horrible diagnosis that he did, nor has my depression been quite so bad - but I believe that what you and I have gone through has given me a bit of empathy for him. I hope that he has found peace, and I thank him for all the deep deep belly laughs he has given me over the years.

Let's keep in contact, okay? Seems like August has been a bit light on our Mod Squad board.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Yea nng....I feel you on the Robin Williams deal! Really! I'm good right now and have been for a while.... but I know too well about that dark cloud....I still have A LOT going on but I still feel hopeful!!! My hubby left town this morning for work... I'm sad but this should be good for our relationship.... loneliness helps the heart grow fonder.... he'll be home early Sunday morning....can't wait!

Comment

August Mod Squad

Good luck, -143, with your husband being gone. It takes word to be strong when one is alone, and sometimes it just doesn't happen ... of course, I know you have your daughter and grandkid in the house, too, but I hope that tomorrow's homecoming will be lovely!

Rain again, here. It is good to have rain this time of year for us. And believe me, I am ready for it, too. I just want to make a pot of stew, grab a book and hunker down.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Comment

August Mod Squad

hi Modders. I am sort of an old timer here, and would like to rejoin you all. I used to be Lila but I forgot my password, and can't figure out how to get back in. TMH and Eve, miss you - and look forward to get to knowing everyone.
                    I drank too much last night, and am feeling ashamed. But I am making healthy choices, and want to get back on helpful supplements and go forward.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Hi! Speaking of Robin Williams, a lady sitting in front of us in church today had a t-shirt on. Top 10 Reasons to be an Episcopalien according to Robin Williams. Too funny! Googled it, found them, but, of course they are out of stock.

NNG, I am into reading a good book lately too. And Netflix. Any recommendations? We just watched God is Not Dead. Liked it a lot. Love having AF days and after dinner taking a bath and having th whole evening to enjoy either or both. Admit a lot of the reading gets done because I can't sleep.

WildRoses - hi there. Was thinking of you (as Lila) just recently. Welcome back, girl! We need more participation around here, jump right in just like today. Yes, today is a new day and we all can do better!

Well, while I still look decent and not all sweaty from a workout I am going to an Art Fair. Right here at our development - local artists decorating the model homes. Art is For sale and proceeds support local domestic violence shelters. Of course, they will want to move me from a condo to a house.......

Have a great rest of weekend!

TMH
                      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

August Mod Squad

thanks for the welcome, TMH!! I will look up the top ten! It is really really hot today and muggy. Staying inside with the AC on. Took a walk ealier when it was somewhat bearable. Dug out my old stuff, Kudzu, l-glut, etc. A new day.

Comment

August Mod Squad

"Trounced in the abstaining thread" gee shocker...abbers on this site remind of leftist, always out there tell YOU what you should Do with YOUR life...if I wanted that, I'd move to North Korea....

I've been really busy. I was trying to take some days off, I did, but I still had a lot of work things to contend with, also had to finish up a business school project, which is now...thankfully..done! Off to the next course in a few weeks.

Modding has been fine, I notice with school and stress, I go over my three limit a little bit, but not by much, say one or two, and it's always when I'm away on vacation...if anything, I feel bad because I feel bloated than anything else.

Really, I've been doing a lot of fishing up in New England, I'm back in NYC for a few days, then looking to take a long weekend. I am glad to see everyone is doing well.

Best,

j.

P.S. I knew I forgot something, because I haven't been on in awhile, and it was related to Robin Williams. Sadly, I can kind of relate to him, especially when I found out he was told he had Parkinsons. It was known he suffered depression, and that disease is very debilitating. I don't know what his lifestyle was like, but I know I am very active, and if something happened to me where I couldn't do the things that make me happy, which 90% are very physically demanding, I hate to say it, the thought would seriously cross my mind.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Morning, all.
                            Welcome, Roses! Glad to have you back.
                            Stewarts, thanks again for your kind words. Support here on this board has always been so generously given - I wonder why others feel the need to be mean? Ah, well. What goes around comes around.

I am looking forward to autumn. The days are getting shorter, nights cooler, and I hope to someday get a spring in my step ... it's just that the last four nights or so I have slept so very little. Dang it!

Good week to everyone.

Comment

August Mod Squad

Mean

nonamegirl;1698398 wrote: Morning, all.
                              Welcome, Roses! Glad to have you back.
                              Stewarts, thanks again for your kind words. Support here on this board has always been so generously given - I wonder why others feel the need to be mean? Ah, well. What goes around comes around.

I am looking forward to autumn. The days are getting shorter, nights cooler, and I hope to someday get a spring in my step ... it's just that the last four nights or so I have slept so very little. Dang it!

Good week to everyone.
                              I think I know why people like to be mean, or are simply mean....it's quite simple actually, they are extremely unhappy. Yes, they may be sober, but it doesn't mean they are happy. I think I said this before, I have a business partner like that; he was sober for 10 years, still is going on 30 now, I think, anyway, within that first decade of sobriety, he was not happy. It had nothing to do with him not drinking anymore, he didn't miss that at all, he simply felt he was living an empty life and didn't care about much, even himself. Just because your sober, doesn't mean your happy. As a matter of fact, many people may drink, because they are not happy about something and they think by simply not drinking their problems are solved. That might be a first step, but unless they really dig deep into what's bothering them, they will be just as miserable, maybe even more; albeit able to have more self control, but basically hating on everyone else out there for....whatever...and hating on themselves...

I truly feel really sorry for them. You'd think this new sense of clarity would open them up to new things, but no, they probably just sit around the house all day, doing nothing, only difference, they are just not getting high.

j.

Comment

August Mod Squad

thanks, NNG! It is nice to be back! I have really had a great few days - the supplements really make a world of difference.
                                Stewarts, that is a good thing to keep in mind - quality of life, happiness. Even if I was abbing, I would stay in this corner of MWO because it is accepting and non confrontational. Just my preference.
                                TMH, they want you to move to a house..? Just while the Art Fair is going on?
                                I hope everyone is doing well - goodnight!

Comment

Working...
                                X