Trying to make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another day down! Onto day 4!
    Off to bed, and hopefully a less fitful sleep.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

:goodjob: You're doing great fluff, keep it up!!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

October 23-day 4

Thanks AB!
        I slept better last night- and I actually fell asleep almost right away.
        Had some crazy dreams!
        Enjoying my cup of coffee and off to get ready for work- Hello Day 4!
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

You're on a roll, Fluff! I was just thinking about you as I took my first sip of coffee this morning :hug:. Have a great AF day!

Comment

Thanks NS!
            I just wanted to mention some "side-effects" I 've been feeling- kind of foggy like I'm not totally awake and a bit achy-like I had a work-out.
            I read about this actress dying the other day and they just released the cause of death- this will scare you into not drinking!

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I felt like I had the flu for a couple weeks, Fluff. Plus, it was January and I was freezing!

That at is sad about that actress. Just shows you that this problem doesn't develop because you're not rich enough or pretty enough or whatever. It can strike people who seem to have it all.

Comment

Hi NS- Yeah that's kinda how I feel- a bit out of it or off. But, much better than dealing with a crappy hangover, I say!
                Anyway- Nightly check-in- I made pork chops for dinner- then watched " The Biggest Loser".
                It's 9pm and nothing on tv now that interests me, so off to do some crosswords in bed and hopefully have a good night's sleep.
                On to day 5!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

You are doing fantastic fluff. You are almost at one week already. You are wise to report in every few hours. Stay strong and be aware of getting complacent. I'll be eagerly following your progress.. I'm right behind you..
                  "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

October 24- Day 5!

Hello Day 5!
                    Thanks SoberSoul!
                    I can't remember the last time I went this long without a drink- and I know 5 days isn't much but it's a lot better than I've done in the past- 3 days in was it and then I'd cave. I 'm not caving now because I'm more determined than before and I don't want to live my life in an alcoholic haze- and even worse die from the consequences. I am really determined to take care of my health and am looking forward to how my body and spirit changes. I love how I am calm and centered in the morning now. My morning anxiety is gone and I'm not dying of thirst in the middle of the night. I also love the feeling of being in control of me and not having the alcohol control me. I have power over this. I feel really strong.
                    My husband is a nightly drinker- and just the past few evenings the smell of the gin was nauseating. I don't like seeing him after he's had a few- he's just very awkward to talk to. So, I leave the room.
                    Anyway, so happy I've made it this far! I look forward to the double digit days!
                    Gonna finish my lovely cup of sober joe- and get ready for work!
                    Last edited by fluff; October 24, 2014, 06:00 AM.
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Checking in- it's 5:48 and drinking a cup of coffee. I have absolutely no desire to drink. I keep thinking of that actress who died or basically bled to death from complications of cirrhosis and that really scares me that if I keep drinking that that will happen to me. So, that continues to spur me on.
                      Plans for the evening- make nachos from quesadilla mixture from the other night- watch t.v- then go to bed with a pile of crossword puzzles. I need to find a good book to read-The last books I read were from the same author that wrote "Gone Girl"- I need a good book to really chomp into. Any suggestions would be great!- I love murder mysteries and books by Michael Crichton - anything light-hearted and funny like Sophie Kinsella- or even a good easy-read beach book.
                      Last edited by fluff; October 24, 2014, 08:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

http://www.suegrafton.com

The Sue Grafton alphabet mysteries are fun (although I must admit I only made it to M or N).

Glad to hear you are going strong - have a great weekend!

Comment

U will get the one day at a time. This is UR battle. There r so many here to encourage you.

I hope u r doing well and understand that I along with many other are here for you day and night.

Much success....goes to u and yr new life. One more day...
                          "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Thanks NoSugar and Hi Shades-

I've heard of but never have read Grafton's books- so I'll give 'em a try.
                            Well, heading up to bed- doing some crosswords first and then hopefully have a good night's sleep!
                            Can't wait to wake up to day 6!
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

With the right attitude, this can be more of an exciting adventure than a difficult change and it seems like you've got that, Fluff. As long as you're eager to live another AF day, you'll be fine. xx- NS

Comment

October 25-Day 6

Thanks NS- I really do feel a great attitude about this- I feel very positive and not begrudging of this quit.
                                And....
                                Hello Day 6!!!!!
                                Aaahhh gotta love a sleepy don't have to get out of bed early Saturday morning! Much better than feeling like you don't want to get out of bed cuz you feel like crap!
                                Sorry for all the "!"'s! ( I'm just so excited )....:welldone:
                                Last night I didn't fall asleep till around midnight- I tried and then couldn't and then came downstairs and watched the end of a movie with my husband ( who, by the way, wasn't drinking probs because he felt like crap from drinking the night before.)
                                I waited for my daughter to come from a Halloween party- and when she came home I went back to bed.
                                Anyhoo feeling just great and drinking my cup of joe.
                                It's a beautiful fall day today- and the plan is to get out of the house for a 3 mile walk/jog and breathe in the crisp Autumn air!
                                Got my daughter's volleyball game at 5pm- and then figure out what to do for dinner after that.
                                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                                X