No announcement yet.

Trying to make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a fantastic walk! Not too hot or cold- and a light breeze with leaves crunching under my feet- and the air smelled so good!
    Getting ready to see the volleyball game-will check in before bed-
    Adios!
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

My daughter's team won the semi-finals! Now they're in next Saturday's finals- this is so exciting!
      Another successful day down and looking forward to tomorrow- I will be 1 week alcohol free! Unbelievable!
      Not heading to bed just yet- but just checking in and saying I made it through another day.
      Can't wait for tomorrow!
      :sohappy:
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Congratulations on a full week AF, Fluff. Now there's no day that you "always drink". All the best for your next exciting week!

Comment

Yahoo! 1 freaking week!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I made it! Hello Day7- Hello 1 week!!!!
          Thanks NS!
          I stayed up late and watched a movie " A Hundred Ways To die In The West" with Seth Macfarlane- it was pretty funny.
          I noticed while watching that and my husband drinking and watching the movie, too, that I had no desire to drink- even though he was. I was ambivalent about it- kinda like a kid- you know, how you were when you never drank but someone else did.
          I was happy to be sober in the present and happy to remember everything from the night before and the movie itself!
          Another walk is on the plate for today!
          :love:
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

How do you come in here on the same day you pronounced you would never drink again and then drink. Well, I did- gosh darn it. Especially after standing high on my soap box proclaiming I will never drink again! The thing is I really had this string of momentum and believed in everything I said and then , what- an inkling of well "Yeah you're okay, just one night won't hurt. " Ugh , I am sorry for such a build up which I was so invested in. I really am disappointed in myself and I don't know why it just hit me.
            I guess this will take time.
            Thanks for the kudos, everyone who posted to me.
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hey, Fluff, that is an example of just how powerful this addiction can be. I bet everyone on MWO has been just as mystified, disappointed, frustrated and maybe scared as you feel right now. I've felt that way more times than I really want to remember :hug:.

I hope you can learn from it and then let it be. You can reread your posts here and see that you can live - thrive! - without drinking.

Start again tomorrow, a little bit wiser, but undaunted. See you then, NS

Comment

Hey, Fluff! How are you doing? I hope you come back soon to give it another go. NS

Comment

I will- Thanks , NS!
                  I really progressed on my quit here- and I 'm going to start again- tomorrow is day 1 again but I'm shooting for longer and hopefully forever.
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

then commit every day, one day at a time...it's that easy...
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Day 1 again!
                      I flirted with disaster- but I'm back and doing this again- I really loved how I felt when I wasn't drinking.
                      So, I have a lot to look forward to!
                      Hello!
                      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi Fluff- forget about yesterday, it is history. You can do this and you will get that feeling back. Hang in there
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Thanks STL!
                          Checking in- it's 5 pm- or a little after 5. Had a meh day- nothing exciting going on- no volleyball games- and it's raining.
                          Staying sober.
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Making garlic-lemon pork tenderloin with a mushroom risotto and broccoli for dinner- maybe I should post a picture of it like everyone does on facebook?
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Yummy!! post away!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Day 2- All is well. Up earlier than usual-made my daughter lunch , sipping my coffee, and it's super dark outside!
                                Something funky was going on with this computer this morning- I turned it on and all the monitor said was "Operating System Not Working" ha! ha! ... that's about how I feel, too! Funny computer! I unplugged it and plugged back in and obviously it's working now.
                                Well, Off to get myself ready for work...( thinking of calling in sick using that excuse..." My Operating System Is Not Working today, sorry...")
                                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                                X