No announcement yet.

November Mod Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI NNG, yeah, with the holidays coming up, NNG, I agree I think should be AF as well. I had something strange happen to me Friday at friends cocktail party, I am not going to sweat it, I can't, I'm not even sure he'll remember. Anyway, I noticed I was forgetting what I was saying so I stopped drinking. My friend, his place looked somewhat annoyed at me. He told me I was saying some weird sh@#$, I don't remember what he told me, all I know is I felt shocked and embarrassed, he definitely seemed annoyed, he was though pretty, I don't want to say bombed, but, he was far from sober. I just remember feeling embarrassed and saying, "I think I should leave." And I did. I don't know what I said, and I am not going to stress it, I don't want to know. I'm sure whatever it was, I embarrassed myself...or my buddy was so far gone it wasn't as big deal he was making it out to be...I honestly, did not recall any of it at the time, and really don't now several days later...like I said, once I was ashamed, or felt ashamed, I went home...I remember being like, "I said, Wha????" And looked at him really confused...I think I even said, "Really?!?!" That was when I said, "I think I should leave..."Anyway, I am looking at this as a little warning for the holidays. I knew my rationale, drink red wine, because you won't drink a lot of it, but I didn't eat, so apparently, it effected my body chemistry in a weird way....

I know I am not a bad person. And like I said, I did the right thing by leaving, ....knowing me, I probably said embarrassing..not mean, not malicious, just foolish and stupid.... Anyway, I don't plan on contacting my friend. We've only known each other about a year, and I'm a little embarrassed...and for all I know, he kept on drinking and doesn't even remember....(or was making a mountain out of a molehill) We can't beat ourselves over things like this... I should've known better....I shouldn't have went to something like that myself... I think I'm still more insecure than I think, as of lately... I actually wasn't going to tell anyone this, but I find myself sharing here.... I'm not tying to condone myself, but we all have bad days, and considering, I probably handled it quite well...I knew something wasn't right and I knew I needed to get home...

This things are always tough to figure out when everyone is drinking and on top of that.... it's really not worth it... last time I checked I didn't hurt anyone, I didn't do Ray Rice and started beating on someone in a rage...I probably may have embarrassed myself, like I said.

If this person is a real friend, I think they'll get over it, if not, perhaps it was a warning to me that this is probably a friendship I shouldn't have...

j.

Comment

come to think of it...

....continued from my last post...come to think of it...I think my friend (the host) was pretty bombed when he approached me...in my experience with situations like this.... just let them fade away a die.... for all I know, he was being an ass and I didn't do anything...

Story reminds me of a guy I know from the neighborhood, being really nasty to one of the bartenders at our local spot, and this guy is not a nasty guy, he's actually a nice guy, I don't know what was going on...too much cheap scotch I guess... anyway, all I kept saying to him was, "What are you doing? This isn't you, you're a good guy."

Anyway, I obviously never held it against him and chalked it up to a bad night for him...and he was being a REAL jerk...

j.

Comment

Working...
      X