• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnesium

Hey.

Thought someone might be interested.

MB

Quite riveting!!!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      Quite riveting!!!
      Sorry.

Admin deleted the link. http://www.QuitDrinkingNow.com/magnesium

Glad to help.

MB

Comment

Mr. B. - the woman at my local health food store recommends Natural Calm (brand). I'm going to get some tomorrow. It's also good for muscle cramps and mood. Thanks.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
          Mr. B. - the woman at my local health food store recommends Natural Calm (brand). I'm going to get some tomorrow. It's also good for muscle cramps and mood. Thanks.
          That the flavored powered stuff you're referring to? I take it each night for sleep. Great stuff!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Re: Magnesium

I also take it for sleep! Helps relax my stomach as well.

Comment

Update: the best magnesium for sleep is glycinate (chelated)

Comment

Thanks Techie,

Here is an article on magnesium glycinate
                Many people don't get enough magnesium in their diet. Learn how to spot the symptoms of deficiency and how magnesium glycinate may help.

Been taking magnesium for a while now and noticed quite a bit of improvement in my health but I've been taking a supplement powder containing
                - magnesium (as amino acid chelate - UltraMag) 244mg and
                - magnesium (as oxide heavy) 36.2mg

Do you think the UltraMag is the kind you are referring to? It's hard to get my head around the different terminology.

Here is another article about some different kinds of magnesium and what to use them for:
                If you have a magnesium deficiency, a supplement may help. Learn the 10 types of magnesium — and what to use each for.

Comment

gosh what a wormhole I just went down trying to figure out the difference between magnesium glycinate vs amino acid chelate
                  still not sure I understand... some supps contain one or the other, but hard to find one that is BOTH a glycinate and chelated
                  and that goes for the zinc supp I just picked up yesterday too. It is Zinc Glycinate 25mg, Magnesium Glycinate 25mg, Manganese Suphate Monohydrate 2mg, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (VitB6) 10mg, Retinol Acetate (VitA) 750mg. I may need a professional :egad:
                  When it comes to mineral supplements, here are several things you should consider when trying to maximize your supplementation.

Comment

Working...
                  X