Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
    Good work Ficks! Those days are stacking up as you rebuild your precious life.

Day 608, the feeling's gr8.

Just heard one of my jobs will be finishing up in 2 months. So a cut in income. Luckily my other job is still rolling along strongly. I'll likely have some redundancy pay so a bit of a buffer to keep my current creature comforts probably till end of year. It was a good wicket for a long time, but i have some plans afoot so we'll see how things pan out through the year. No major stress thankfully as i'll be able to survive.

Take it easy out there. Go git it!
    Best of Luck Mr G with your change of direction.
    These things tend to happen for a reason & who knows where it will lead.

Onwards & upwards :llama:

Comment

Thanks Bridgey and Satzuma, :heartbeat:

Satz, i have a new area of interest in business which facinates me and is def a challenge, so at this stage i'm thinking rather than try to replace the other job, i'll instead focus on gittin this new income stream up and running by end of year. Cvirus is a bit of an obstacle but maybe not totally.

Hope things are going good for you mares over there.......:victorious:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good mornin G,
        Day 41 here. Best of luck with the new venture!

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
          Good mornin G,
          Day 41 here. Best of luck with the new venture!
          You bloody rippa Ficks! Keep it rolling.

Day 611 in G town. In work today. There'll likely be some sad faces among the work crew given we've been given our notice to git in 2 months time. Not too stressed myself. Fortunately i'll have a little financial buffer to help out. It's also an opportunity to embrace some other work projects.

In the meantime, the music still flows.

Go git it pilgrims.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 42 here, been going through my financials making 'get-out-of-debt' plans and thinking how horrible it is for everyone who has lost their job. So glad you are ok G-Star and like my mum would've said, you've got plenty of strings to your bow. As a little kid i thought she meant like the bow you tie with your shoelace and thought WTF, but now of course I realise she means like your violin bow, so if one string breaks, you can keep playing. She was a musician so obvious to me now. I also am thinking of the future. At the moment i'm counting everything.. AF days, calories, carbs, kilometres, dollars and days.. but this is a temporary state. Am contemplating what the future will bring as kids have grown. Spent a couple decades raising them and am a bit out of practice thinking 'what if's' so working on that.
            Have a beautiful day and good luck with all the new things. I'm certain you will manifest something fantastic

Comment

Top of the morning from the beach pad.

Holy hurlin heretics after mass, it's day, i say 612 days booze free!

Great going friend Ficks. thanks for your supportive words. My guitar has 6 strings so i might be ahead of the game. I also have a 12 stringer. Oh, and a multi stringed zither sitting in the corner! lol.

I am indeed lucky to have a job and my health. Have a bewdy out there y'all.

Comment

Day 614.

Go git it pardner. Why not you?

Comment

Day 46... headache so off to find coffee.. zoom

Comment

Hola Ficks!

Great work mi amiga.

Must be Day 616 but i never been one fo countin. Bit of running round today. But first a run on the beach and a dip in the cold bay to keep me mind on the job. haha.

Go git it pilgrims. Why not you?

Comment

Day 48 here....
                      zooom

Comment

Happy Sunday Mr G,
                        Day 50 here so headed out for a nice long walk

Comment

Originally posted by fickle View Post
                          Happy Sunday Mr G,
                          Day 50 here so headed out for a nice long walk
                          Wowza! Congratulations Ficks. Super job. Git yourself something nice. :balloons::thumbsups::welldone:

Day 619 but who's countin'.

Car in for a service. Off to hire one for a couple of days. Might head down the coast with an amiga.

Go git it pilgrims!

Comment

620 days today. But who, i say i never been one fo countin.

In work. Where's my head at? Have i checked in wit myself this morning? Yes Ma'am i have. On track with self care and a financial plan for now and beyond. Every day i take some sort of small, achievable action forward that i can handle and that isn't overwhelming. There's a tip right there pardner.

Go git it.

Comment

Good morning G!
                              Crisp autumn morning here and day 52
                              gittin it

Comment

Good morning Ficks

'Tis indeed crisp and fresh in these here parts. Today's forecast 18C sunny. Oh yeah!

Day 621 but who's countin'.

Go git it pardner.

Comment

Working...
                                X