No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mr G , good to see you start a new thread . Action always plays a big part in recovery what ever stage we are at....
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Here's to a happy new you Mr. G!

Comment

Hiya folks,

Happy new year to y'all too.

Back from a fab run on the beach. Gym session first, then bought some new running shoes at long last, and they are bewdy's. Very comfy and spongy. A bit loud with the colour combo, but hey, that seems to be the fashion these days lol. Blue sky's, 30c, and nowhere else to be except running free along the water. It's very, very important to get out there and shake that ass daily if you're prone to negative thoughts or idleness because it will get you out of your head and give you a break. Not to mention, you never know what you'll see, smell, hear, touch, or who you might meet. Noice eh?

Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yeah for the new shoes! Keep running and the loudness will fade nicely!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Yo SL. Running sure is a lifesaver for me. I should post a before and after pic of my old shoes and new ones. The running community here will get a laugh, and/or a shock. e.g. 'G man, you mean to say you ran a 15k race in these?!!!'

Some thoughts on day 15. Feeling great and committed, but i need to iron out some thinking.....

I sometimes wonder how i'd fare AF on a solo motorbike adventure around OZ, Asia, the world, anywhere really. How would i deal with the social aspects like being taken in for the night/assisted with accom etc. by various motorcycle clubs/riders who just want to party and talk about my/their adventures? I would of course be grateful for assistance if i broke down in the middle of nowhere, but this can be where a bunch of well meaning but hard boozing bikers put you up for the night/week whilst repairs are done on bike, hence potentially being 'stuck' in a drinking environment. This may sound silly, but i'm just putting it out there. I'd love to hear about someone who has done a similar trek AF and how they handled it all. Does this make sense at all? Anyone have a link to someone who's gone on a similar adventure AF? After a couple of years sober, i'm sure i'd be ok, but any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Have a bewdy out there. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Do you remember Nelz? He is an avid biker...I wonder if he would be a good resource for you? B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yes i do Byrdy. Maybe. Thanks.

I'm just workshopping my thinking a little. I have some answers too.

Comment

Good Luck, G!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks Mama!

Comment

Hi Mr G,, why dont you look into AA motorbike club might help. Just idea !
                      Good Luck
                      Catch22 x
                      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

G Gee G-Man
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yo Catch, Techie and y'all.

Good to see you. Gloomy outside, but not in my heart. Orf to pump some iron then an easy run.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Hey Mr.G,I had to laugh at Catches post cuz at the AA meetings that I went to everyone looked like a biker! You sound good
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lol Pauly. Yep, very good here thanks. Hope all's well with you and yours.

Comment

Top of the friday morning from a sunny beachside pad.

It's POETS day so be sure you pull off the boots early if you're working and enjoy the weekend. Me, a working weekend ahead, and that's ok. An old g/f has been sending me interesting pics so a saucy weekend might be on the cards for the young bloke from downunder, but she's a flighty one, so we'll see. lol.

Off for an easy long run in the sun followed by a swim. Have a bewdy out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X