• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

I like Kensho's 3 truths she posted in the Newbies nest recently:

1. I can't drink responsibly.
    2. AL makes me feel like shit.
    3. I can't live the life i want with AL still in it.
    Right on! A must read-remember quote.

Comment

Originally posted by catch22 View Post
      Hi MR G
      Had a good day y/day looked after my grandchildren, as some1 said it the little things that am grateful for like (Trust ) knowning my son can trust me to look after his kids over night. Theres no way he would of ask me if i was drinking.
      Plus there was alcohol there, but it did not intested me one bit never thought i would ever say that :-) wow
      Ain't that just brill Catch 22? Nice one my friend. :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
        G....I must say that I adore you. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

I had a wonderful AF evening last night with family - talk turned to music and I thought of you......
        Love you too Nora! An AF evening.....we will remember these special times with family and cherish them. This is what it's all about for me.

Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
        Hi Miss -I have not looked up "Yea..... Nuh" ---yet. But from a southern US redneck dialect interpretation I would say that this means "Yes I hear you but there is no way in hell that I agree with you". And actually Miss, this is exactly what we say to each other now if we the circumstances permit. LOL...LOL...

Now, you are causing me to have to look up "kiwi in Australia" and I already like "Our side of the ditch". Sometimes we say "our side of the tracks" -and I am not absolutely sure that it means the same thing. LoL. Great Saturday night reading for this INTF.
        Spirit, when in NZ you'd pronounce Missy as 'Mussy' and fish and chips as 'fush and chups'. (Aussie/Kiwi pisstake. Missy and Treetops will kill me! lol.)

Originally posted by Kradle123 View Post
        Love your thread g man!
        Yo Kradle! Nice to see you. How r u doing?

Originally posted by treetops View Post
        Gidday there G Man - its lovely and warm over here although so windy I could fly over and watch the sunset where you are. But I think, I could be wrong - but most of the prevailing winds flow from West to East.
        Have a great evening my friend!
        Thanks TT. I think you're correct re winds. Well, if you take off now, you'll eventually get here!

A rainy monday morning here in Oz. Jan 26th. It's celebrated as 'Australia day' which was when the first fleet of honky's from England touched down a little over 200 years ago. A huge event to be acknowledged to be sure. But the systematic massacre of our indigenous folk on a few levels which continues to this day albeit less visible to mainstream society, is no reason to celebrate for many others. Respect and equality for everyone.

Err, it's also a public holiday. Noice.

Take it easy out there.

P.S. 28 days! And a great movie worth a look. Sandra Bollocks is just great. I will take this inspiration, and of the number 27 factor and use them as strength.
        Last edited by Guitarista; January 25, 2015, 06:49 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi there Mr G.
          While you're Bridgetracking, say hello for me.

Comment

Hey Gman glad to see that your back.

Lets have 2015 be the year for success!
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              G....I must say that I adore you. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

I had a wonderful AF evening last night with family - talk turned to music and I thought of you......
              Originally posted by Spiritfree View Post
              Hi Miss -I have not looked up "Yea..... Nuh" ---yet. But from a southern US redneck dialect interpretation I would say that this means "Yes I hear you but there is no way in hell that I agree with you". And actually Miss, this is exactly what we say to each other now if we the circumstances permit. LOL...LOL...

Now, you are causing me to have to look up "kiwi in Australia" and I already like "Our side of the ditch". Sometimes we say "our side of the tracks" -and I am not absolutely sure that it means the same thing. LoL. Great Saturday night reading for this INTF.
              Originally posted by Kradle123 View Post
              Love your thread g man!
              Originally posted by Rags View Post
              Hi there Mr G.
              While you're Bridgetracking, say hello for me.
              G'day Raggsy! Will do, but all i ever see is a big golden retriever. Hope all's good there my friend.

Originally posted by DriftyAlison0 View Post
              Hey Gman glad to see that your back.

Lets have 2015 be the year for success!
              Thanks Drifty. To be sure. Nice to see you. Hope all's good your end.

Well, the year sure is starting off with a few positives. Not only am i feeling good and travelling well, there are likely to be some extra job hours up for grabs which i'm chasing, and another great turn up is an international band coming here in Feb has agreed to meet with me for a yap re a new little community health project of mine. These guys have had a top 10 on the billboard charts in the U.S. so i'm so grateful they've expressed interest. Noice.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Top of the wednesday morning to y'all, especially to you over there in my fave place of all, the cheap seats.....yes, i see youse.

Like a good friend of ours say's, ya don't have 2 bad days in a row. Well, that's when you're living sober. Every day on the sauce ain't a good one is it. Was having a little pity party last night over a very small thing. Wow, it was interesting watching myself as i made a mountain out of a fckn molehill. hehe. But i slapped myself in the head with a wet 2 kilo barramundi from the fridge and all good now.

Sun is out, and off to teach a bit of music then catch up with some old mates for lunch.

Take it easy out there. Day 30 but who's counting.

Comment

Making a delivery.....your 30 day hat:
                  :guy:

GREAT JOB, Mister G! You are aces!
                  Prize Patrol (we never sleep)
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning Mr G.
                    Raining and dreary here. Going to stay inside to-day and tidy up.

Comment

NICE ***30*** -Congrats G!

Comment

WhooHoo, G on 30 days!! Enjoy your hat!

Comment

Gman- Awesome guy---persistence is key, don't ever give up...you are still one of my heroes here man...keep on ROCKIN' your sober life!!!
                          “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
                            Morning Mr G.
                            Raining and dreary here. Going to stay inside to-day and tidy up.
                            Thanks to the insomniacs over at Prize Patrol HQ!

Thanks everyone for your comments and good wishes. Warms me little heart and much appreciated. :heartbeat:

Hiya Rags. How r u doing there?

Beaut day here. Had lunch with some old mates which is always a blast.

Ooroo.

Comment

Happy 30th Mr G, great work.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks Ava.

Comment

Working...
                                X