G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
    Hey G,finding zest has been hard for me,I used to like live bands I don't trust myself in the situation, I used to like the mall,now people bug me,I used to like to gamble,that's just a huge unhealthy no-no anyways! I guess now I take pleasure in my exercise, time with Lou,new recipes and my half-assed garden haha,gotta look for more peaceful things to add on,very proud of you
    Yo Pauly,

Thanks my friend, and I think you are doing an amazing job. Gardening, kids, exercise, creating tasty tucker? Very cool stuff right there! Re zest, my body took/takes a bit of energy away I suspect for the healing process which I hear can take awhile. Plus I run most days, and sometimes a long way, for the positive mental benefits, and find myself too tired to want to do much else in the afternoons. This is ok with me, but I should probably back off the running a little while my body is also using energy to heal itself. Having said that, these days I'm finding a balance and watching my energy levels a little closer and trying not to 'shoot my load' so to speak with a 2 hr run early in the day lol. Either way the feeling is goooood living sober. My mind has a couple of little projects in motion that are interesting to me, and I think this is important in the maintenance phase of recovery. Keeping myself entertained in a healthy way for me, but not too busy and hectic upstairs and keeping an eye on balance is useful.

140 but I sure ain't one for counting.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G-Man,
      140 looking good
      Spray on (hair??!!)... oh, I mean rock on...
      be well
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey G!
        Well done on 140, my friend! Every time I come to visit you, I have to laugh out loud.. I really appreciate your view of life.
        Speaking of zest, I got myself an old analog camera and just took the roll of film in to have it developed to see if it's working properly.. crossing my fingers!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

Comment

That's real cool LC. Sounds like that camera would have a lot of character. Hope it's in good working order for you. Kinda like me with old tape recording machines. They're special. Have a gr8 weekend yourself. Ain't it just grand being sober?!

Good to see you Sam. Break a string mate!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Yo G'ster you are doing all the right stuff. Consider adding yoga to your daily routine. It was a life changer for me. I found it just in time over three years ago. I was going through such a tough period. I soon realized that to avoid the temptation to imbibe I needed to strengthen my resolve. The running and long bike rides were necessary as I still compete but like you I was dealing with the ebb and flow of energy. Yoga bailed me out. Downward dog is much better than down the rabbit hole again. Peace brother.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Yeah, good call Techie.

Have been doing some basic yoga here on my own, but I can see that a more guided session/class scenario for now would be very useful. Have a gr8 weekend mate.

Comment

Yo w'dup?

143 and I ain't one for countin', but I seem to sure love apostrophe's.

Take it easy out there and kick some sweet ass in your own in....ini....inim.....inimitable way. :llama:

Comment

Guitarista I'm starting to think there's just no stopping you. Your words- sometimes your words they hipmotize me!

(Or maybe it's that pulsating horsie image doing that?)

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
                    Guitarista I'm starting to think there's just no stopping you. Your words- sometimes your words they hipmotize me!

(Or maybe it's that pulsating horsie image doing that?)
                    Pulsating is good Lex!

Comment

Is that a horsie or a llama with a sweetcorn on its back?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                        Is that a horsie or a llama with a sweetcorn on its back?
                        Whatever it is, it's beginning to piss me orf with those chirpy features.

How r u Starty?

Comment

Must be 144. Sheesh, nearly 5 freakin months. Looking for 6, that's my next target, trouble is I ain't one for countin'.

42C forecast today here. Wowza! Off for a swim in the bay with all my friends then it'll be indoors with the aircon.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

We don't have those things here in New England. I think Florida does though.

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
                              We don't have those things here in New England. I think Florida does though.
                              Llama farmer. Now there's a hobby? Hope all's good there Lex. Does it snow where you are?

It's a beautiful day here. I like the heat, but 40C is a little over the top.

Comment

Beautiful sunny day here with crisp clean snow cover here. But not enough snow to justify a ski day. So I'll go out for a walk in a while to soak in some vitamin D during the short time window available here in January.

Comment

Working...
                                X