No announcement yet.

G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best of the best of Thursday mornings to you valued and esteemed reader.

It'll be spring soon Lex!

145 but who, I say who's counting. Geez, ain't sober life just the best? There are no negatives. It gets better and better if you stick with it, do stuff you love, stay relaxed and positive, and then watch the treasures of life unfold right in front of you. This is how it's going for me at least. The first days, weeks, months can be all engrossing and self absorbing, and I suppose they have to be as we keep sobriety as our number 1 priority. But then (lately for me) the fog starty to lift and the sun starts to shine. Consistently.

Oh look......a butterfly. Nawww.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You are so right Mr G about the all engrossing first months. I KNOW it gets better, so I gotta stop fighting with my head. Amazing you are on nearly 5 months. Very very proud of you fella

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
        You are so right Mr G about the all engrossing first months. I KNOW it gets better, so I gotta stop fighting with my head. Amazing you are on nearly 5 months. Very very proud of you fella
        Thanks Mi'lady.

No more fighting in my head now Starty. Well, far less so anyway. Time doing it's job as this gets easier the more time I put between today and my last drink. Take care my friend, and keep it going. I'm glad you're back with the army. Great support over there, as it always has been. :happy2:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Morning from the beach pad.

147 and still truckin Pauly style. The feeling's pretty damn good generally. I think I should stop and smell the roses a little more. Yeah, that's what i'll do today.

In work today and tomorrow and gig tomorrow night. Yeehaw!

Yo!

Comment

148 but who's counting.

5 months this Tuesday and on track. Pretty chuffed with that. Work today then gig tonight. Will be feeling and looking good as a sober man. Yeaah. Next target 6 mths.

Yo!

Comment

The best of the best of good Monday mornings to you valued reader.

Day 149 but who's fkn counting eh? Cool gig last night. Gr8 to be playing. Another one in 2 weeks. This is why I live.

35C here beewdiful. Off to gym then beach for a swim. Part of my sobriety plan, but importantly, pretty good fun too.

Take it easy out there.

Comment

Hi G-Man

I wish I was @ 149 - Hats off to you mate....

Regards

Bacman

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                The best of the best of good Monday mornings to you valued reader.

Day 149 but who's fkn counting eh? Cool gig last night. Gr8 to be playing. Another one in 2 weeks. This is why I live.

35C here beewdiful. Off to gym then beach for a swim. Part of my sobriety plan, but importantly, pretty good fun too.

Take it easy out there.
                I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
                  Hi G-Man

I wish I was @ 149 - Hats off to you mate....

Regards

Bacman
                  Thanks Bacman. You are doing it. I've had so many stops and starts the last couple of years. 3mths here, 60 days there, 4 mths here, 100 days there, then I'd go back to boozing. I was a tryer to be sure, but obviously just not ready internally to respect myself on a longer term level. But chipping away at it, just doing our best each day is a worthy thing that doesn't go unnoticed within, in my monkey mind at least. You are racking up those AF days friend. That is heroic. Keep it going.

Comment

Day 150 which is 5 months. Not bad for the young fella from the south. Feeling fairly stable these days which is a state I work to maintain. Feeling real good in general.

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                      Thanks Bacman. You are doing it. I've had so many stops and starts the last couple of years. 3mths here, 60 days there, 4 mths here, 100 days there, then I'd go back to boozing. I was a tryer to be sure, but obviously just not ready internally to respect myself on a longer term level. But chipping away at it, just doing our best each day is a worthy thing that doesn't go unnoticed within, in my monkey mind at least. You are racking up those AF days friend. That is heroic. Keep it going.
                      Hi G-Man

This must be your longest time

Thanks for you honest post - Im not sure if I am strange but I am really interested in other peoples stories good or bad - As I have not been here long I dont know peoples histories but your truthful realities of when you have failed and now your success must be an inspiration to lots of people (like me) at the start of my journey - I think that to see that despite a hickup or two on the way does not mean you wil not eventually win - I appreciate it is a life long battle but I will say again 150 days is VERY impressive
                      Thanks for your kind words - You keep going my friend

Kind Regards

Bacman
                      I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
                      Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Great job on 5 months, G-man!
                        I also soooo appreciate your honesty and humour..
                        Love the quote above.. definitely applies to my story as well..
                        I'm happy to be able to celebrate 150 days with you.. just realised I'm exactly half at 75..

Comment

Great job G Man on the sobriety. Cant be easy at this time of the year either esp in the heat where you live.

Congratulations also lifechange!

Comment

What a great thing to celebrate Mr G. I am delighted for you. Well deserved and its wonderful to hear your steady progress. What I admire most is that you NEVER give up.

Comment

Congratulations!! Ain't sober life great!!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

G! :welldone:

Comment

Working...
                                X