No announcement yet.

March Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG, I can relate. I was modding, not drinking much at all and kind of the same thing happened. I was never one to really drink every night. I don't even really keep AL in the house. I only drink when I'm out, which I guess can get expensive, some times. I only had one beer the entire weekend, and I wasn't even really into that.... it was at dinner after skiing.

I was noticing the last few times I did drink... I wanted it more than I usually do, which was kind of weird, for me at least...right now, I am not feeling that urge. Honestly, I don't feel that well...kind of anxious and a little irritable, but it has nothing to do with AL, well, because I haven't had a drink, meaning drinking multiple drinks, since Thursday... I don't plan to tonight either...

j.

P.S. Welcome back. I also found I had most success when people on the site were more active...

Comment

Hi LG and Stewarts. I remember reading your posts a while back LG. I am kind of in the same boat with indulging too much and always feeling tired. I have been more of a reader than a poster for a while. I did post a bit a couple of weeks back but it seemed the thread was quiet. Hoping to see more posts again!

Comment

Thanks, Stewart and Ducky. Stewart you're lucky that you don't have that urge all the time. I'm not drinking tonight, and I think it is precisely due to the fact that I made a decision this morning and wrote here about it. I feel good about my decision and hope I can continue to not drink when I don't feel like I should, without feeling compelled to buy alcohol. Do you know what I mean?

One day at a time...

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Hi all.

I don't post much around here, because MWO is abstinence-based. Drinking really isn't a problem, I'm to the point now where I can take it or leave it, with no urges or cravings whatsoever.

That's great because it prevents a lot of problems, but sometimes I miss getting a little wasted, because the right amount of wasted felt pretty good.

Of course, I usually went way beyond a little wasted, and that's where the problem came in, and that's not an issue anymore, thank God.
          Anyways overall it's still a lot better, other aspects of life have a lot more control also, so it's good good good.

This is a hell of a lot better than counting the days, and worrying about a relapse all the time. I hope Stewart writes something interesting, I love to read your posts

Anyways, we bought a Lakehouse, so we'll be waterskiing and living the good life at the lake. Something that never would've happened in the drinking days.

Comment

Hey Guapo, I am glad I can entertain you all, and I mean that sincerely. I was actually a creative writing major in college. I have ideas in my head, but I am scared to really get into any real project for reasons I rather not get into now; the point, in many ways this is kind of like a creative writing outlet.

Guapo, I can totally relate to what you mean by "a little wasted"....it actually is...let's admit it, nice. I even was in a situation a few months ago when some of the youngins in my office were getting high, and I said "f it, one bump or two"... trust me, that DID NOT become a habit (nor will it) and with the little controlled al I had, it was actual a nice night I do not regret at all.

I've been anxious lately, so I haven't want to drink, which is good. Like I think I said, the last drink I had was one light beer on Saturday at dinner. A few nights, over the last several weeks, I found myself drinking for careless reasons...nothing crazy, just I'd be out with some friends and then stop by somewhere before home...and I'd wake up, that was dumb and a waste of money.

Good news, I've started getting back to my normal weight, so that's nice.

Something is bothering me in my sub-conscious and I don't know what it is, so I think that is why I've been anxious lately... it's making me somewhat lethargic and melancholic.

j.

Comment

I'm sorry that you've been bothered lately, Stewarts. I hate feeling that way.

Guapo, I like to hear that people do get to the point where alcohol is a take it or leave it kind of thing. I'm not there yet, but I'd like to be one day...

This makes two days without a drink for me, and none tonight. Tomorrow is my birthday and I kind of feel like I "should" be able to have something, but I guess that's AL thinking. No promises, but modding is still the ultimate goal.

Does dg (drinking gal) still come around? How about Liz?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

This is like a blog, lol. I guess everyone recovered and no one needs this site anymore. I've been two days without AL after a few months of drinking nightly. I'm exhausted even though I've been getting more sleep than I was before and I even feel like I have a hangover this morning. Is that unusual? I hope it gets better soon.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far, if anyone reads this.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

HI LG, I think it is, especially if you've been drinking nightly. I don't know what you drink, but if it's like wine, there's a lot of sugars in there that can make you all jittery. That's why you'll fall asleep, then wake up and can't fall back to sleep. if you've been drinking daily for months and stopped like that, yeah, you body is probably just detoxing. The hangover thing, I'm not sure of, but I heard if you've been a daily drinker like that and you stop, you can become "sick". Not sure why, maybe it's your body purging. Try and make it a week, I think you'll probably start feeling really good by the end. And really try... like not even one glass of anything...

Comment

Working...
                  X