Glad to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
    I am good thanks Blue,I am quite busy with a course that I am doing and have a pretty cruisy life.I actually don't feel like I have much of an issue with AL anymore due to taking baclofen and hitting my switch.I drink on the weekends and have been able to do that with no real issues for a few months now.I spent 2 years abstinent prior to hitting my switch.I found life in complete abstinence to be a whole different kind of nightmare to be living through.
    I had a bit of a wake up call with drinking a couple of weeks ago when I was tapering down on the bac to try to see if I could get by on a maintenance dose where I drank much more than normal but have since began to titrate back up.I actually think that I wont have to go up any further as everything seems to be under control again.I drank last weekend with the same indifference that I have become used to.
    I try not to say too much unless it is in the medication section of the forum as I truly don't feel that I have a battle with AL anymore.I am no longer enslaved by it and now have the control.Although I have been a text book drunk and do fully understand the plight of the active or newly recovering alcoholic,I can no longer relate to the struggle.I do not feel in any way confined to what is considered mainstream or conventional recovery ideals.

Well that turned out a bit longer than I had planned but will give you a little insight into who I am.

It is nice to be conversing and I look forward to reading your posts,I hope that you have a great day...

Cheers Stevo.
    Way to go Stevo!!!! That's absolutely awesome!!! I'm going to keep trying this route for a while....but we'll see....I've been hearing some great success stories with the help of meds.

Have a successful day!

Comment

I miss the mod squad....😢😢😢

Comment

Working...
      X