No announcement yet.

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to see more activity here. It was dead for awhile. We had a great group here, I hope they come back. I was always doing better when we were all active and posting.

As for me, I've actually been doing really well. I definitely would like some AF days as well. I don't drink everyday, far from it, but when I do, lately, I've been going past my 2-3 beer limit; nothing to be totally concerned about, but I started losing weight again and this is more of a health thing for me. First, I am already in good shape, but between work and grad school your health choices are compromises at times, which actually isn't so bad sometimes when hanging with your cohorts.

I survived a trip to Ireland - yes, it is hard to NOT drink there, so I didn't try, but I did have two AF days.

I was victim of a corporate cou de tat which resulted in me being downsized, but I got a much better position rather quickly.

My running times have been slow! I'd like to get that up. I think I need to get some strength back.

I can't really complain, but there's always room to be better.

Oh, it looks like I have another girlfriend now. I shouldn't complain, she's actually a really great girl.

speak to you all soon! I am in school right now actually.

Oh, I did get over the fact I turned 40....finally.

Comment

Am thinking of starting string of AF days today. Was going to wait until Monday, when back at home, but am kind of sick of it. No hangovers, just daily drinking on trip has gotten old. We'll see. Attending dh class reunion type party today so won't know anybody. Dh big talker, & i'll be bored to death. Would be a good test, wouldn't it?

Hi Frances! And yes, remember you, -143. Hi Stewarts, nice to hear you've accepted 40. It's just a number.

Hope everyone has a good mod weekend!

TMH
      The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
        Hey blue, as promised I'm popping in. Seems like this May pan out for you.
        How was the Olive Garden? Is your sister feeling better?
        Hey Liz!
        I sure hope so....we'll see how the week goes.....
        I just talked to my sister....she said she feels pretty good. Started drinking the carnation shakes yesterday....things are staying down...Thank God!!! She hung up so she could order some chicken wings and she wants some crab legs this week lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stewarts View Post
          I'm glad to see more activity here. It was dead for awhile. We had a great group here, I hope they come back. I was always doing better when we were all active and posting.

As for me, I've actually been doing really well. I definitely would like some AF days as well. I don't drink everyday, far from it, but when I do, lately, I've been going past my 2-3 beer limit; nothing to be totally concerned about, but I started losing weight again and this is more of a health thing for me. First, I am already in good shape, but between work and grad school your health choices are compromises at times, which actually isn't so bad sometimes when hanging with your cohorts.

I survived a trip to Ireland - yes, it is hard to NOT drink there, so I didn't try, but I did have two AF days.

I was victim of a corporate cou de tat which resulted in me being downsized, but I got a much better position rather quickly.

My running times have been slow! I'd like to get that up. I think I need to get some strength back.

I can't really complain, but there's always room to be better.

Oh, it looks like I have another girlfriend now. I shouldn't complain, she's actually a really great girl.

speak to you all soon! I am in school right now actually.

Oh, I did get over the fact I turned 40....finally.
          Hey...Stew!
          You're doing real good!!! Two AF days in Ireland??? Wow!!!
          You keep a chick lol
          I'll be 50 in 3 weeks...,I'm so looking forward to that!
          Me turning 40 was awesome too...I know a lot of people didn't make it to 40....so...just enjoy!!! Life is what we make it....right?

Comment

Originally posted by ToMyHealth View Post
            Am thinking of starting string of AF days today. Was going to wait until Monday, when back at home, but am kind of sick of it. No hangovers, just daily drinking on trip has gotten old. We'll see. Attending dh class reunion type party today so won't know anybody. Dh big talker, & i'll be bored to death. Would be a good test, wouldn't it?

Hi Frances! And yes, remember you, -143. Hi Stewarts, nice to hear you've accepted 40. It's just a number.

Hope everyone has a good mod weekend!

TMH
            Yea TMH....I'm definitely due for some AF days....if you start today I'll meet you there on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
              Hey blue, as promised I'm popping in. Seems like this May pan out for you.
              How was the Olive Garden? Is your sister feeling better?
              Liz- read my earlier post.

Comment

I'm soooo happy that you guys are posting....I feel stronger already!!!!

It's a wonderful feeling to know you're not alone!

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Liz! I am serious! I have never been to an Olive Garden! We don't have one in Ontario...but next time I am in the US, I am totally going to have to check it out.
                  Speaking of food...I am starving...I just finished half a Ben & Jerry's! Lol. Coffee Toffee Crunch. Yum.

I am glad to hear that you had a nice night, Blue. And that you didn't drink too much.
                  I was a heavy drinker...always went "balls to the wall". Could never drink 2 or 3 beers in the past (although just before I quit I did)...but it was always 6-10 beers a night...or a litre and a half of wine. Yuck.
                  I too began to get sick of just planning my drinking and all that crap - it got old! Like ToMyHealth says! Hopefully, you're doing well today TMH.

How are you doing, Blue?
                  Hope everyone is having a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by briseus View Post
                    Liz! I am serious! I have never been to an Olive Garden! We don't have one in Ontario...but next time I am in the US, I am totally going to have to check it out.
                    Speaking of food...I am starving...I just finished half a Ben & Jerry's! Lol. Coffee Toffee Crunch. Yum.

I am glad to hear that you had a nice night, Blue. And that you didn't drink too much.
                    I was a heavy drinker...always went "balls to the wall". Could never drink 2 or 3 beers in the past (although just before I quit I did)...but it was always 6-10 beers a night...or a litre and a half of wine. Yuck.
                    I too began to get sick of just planning my drinking and all that crap - it got old! Like ToMyHealth says! Hopefully, you're doing well today TMH.

How are you doing, Blue?
                    Hope everyone is having a nice day.
                    Bri- I'm feeling good today...how about you?

I have good modding days then there's those ooppss I went over board days. So I'm working on more AF days and more good modding days.

I hope you get to the Olive Garden real soon...that was only my second time being there in years...,I really enjoyed the food and the service.

Comment

Popped in just to say I have never heard of an olive garden. One would assume they grow olives there??
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam, I guess you are not from the US? Haha, they do not grow olives there. It is an Italian chain resturant. There are olives on their unlimited salad bowl, thou.

Comment

I am not a fan of olives so not sure how I would feel about unlimited olives on my salad! Lol. :P
                          But next time for sure I am going to check this place out.

I am feeling pretty good, Blue! I am glad to hear that you are too. Yesterday I woke up with what felt like a hangover...a ghost hangover. Ugh. I hate those...because those sort of days I think to myself "well, what the hell, if I am going to have hangovers anyways?" but I know that's just the addictive voice grasping at straws and just trying to be a trickster.
                          Yesterday I had company over and everyone was drinking. I ended up going to bed early with the puppies and woke up not regretting not drinking. So that's a bonus.

You're definitely going to have some good days and some crap days! I always did. When I tried modding. I actually modded for a good 6 months once. Only ever had ONE glass of wine (nightcap) a night...and weekends weren't that crazy. But at that time I also went to the gym six times a week. I sort of knew that it was a problem though. Because every day I wanted it to be 9pm (bed time) so that I could have that one glass...eventually it turned into two...and then a bottle.
                          But I do know that for some people it totally works. And everyone has their own journey so keep at it!

At the end of the day, if you're happy and feeling good and you're doing good, then that is all that matters for YOU, right?

Comment

Well, did not start. Sat out first stop that dh went in for a minute to greet people 2 classes behind him. 55 min later he returned. My choice, sat & read, but geez. Next stop guy greeted us right away buying drinks, I had a light beer, then told dh to enjoy evening with old friends & I'll be DD. He was fine with that, 2 hr drive home.
                            Taking son, gf, 2 grandsons for dinner tonite. Early Monday am flite. Yay! Back to diet, exercise, and much better modding. You are on Blue for Monday, Aug 10. Let's start making those pink X's. My plan is until at least my b.d. (16th) & who knows may decide to just continue going.
                            How was everyone's Saturday?

TMH
                            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                              Popped in just to say I have never heard of an olive garden. One would assume they grow olives there??
                              Sam
                              Sam- are you playing? I think you're playing...,but if not it's an Italian restaurant....lol

Comment

Originally posted by briseus View Post
                                I am not a fan of olives so not sure how I would feel about unlimited olives on my salad! Lol. :P
                                But next time for sure I am going to check this place out.

I am feeling pretty good, Blue! I am glad to hear that you are too. Yesterday I woke up with what felt like a hangover...a ghost hangover. Ugh. I hate those...because those sort of days I think to myself "well, what the hell, if I am going to have hangovers anyways?" but I know that's just the addictive voice grasping at straws and just trying to be a trickster.
                                Yesterday I had company over and everyone was drinking. I ended up going to bed early with the puppies and woke up not regretting not drinking. So that's a bonus.

You're definitely going to have some good days and some crap days! I always did. When I tried modding. I actually modded for a good 6 months once. Only ever had ONE glass of wine (nightcap) a night...and weekends weren't that crazy. But at that time I also went to the gym six times a week. I sort of knew that it was a problem though. Because every day I wanted it to be 9pm (bed time) so that I could have that one glass...eventually it turned into two...and then a bottle.
                                But I do know that for some people it totally works. And everyone has their own journey so keep at it!

At the end of the day, if you're happy and feeling good and you're doing good, then that is all that matters for YOU, right?
                                Good job Bri! Sorry that you still get that hangover feeling.
                                You're right as long as we're happy...and healthy is what matters on this journey.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to AF Monday! I usually feel dread when I plan an AF day or days.

Comment

Working...
                                X