I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToMyHealth View Post
    Well, did not start. Sat out first stop that dh went in for a minute to greet people 2 classes behind him. 55 min later he returned. My choice, sat & read, but geez. Next stop guy greeted us right away buying drinks, I had a light beer, then told dh to enjoy evening with old friends & I'll be DD. He was fine with that, 2 hr drive home.
    Taking son, gf, 2 grandsons for dinner tonite. Early Monday am flite. Yay! Back to diet, exercise, and much better modding. You are on Blue for Monday, Aug 10. Let's start making those pink X's. My plan is until at least my b.d. (16th) & who knows may decide to just continue going.
    How was everyone's Saturday?

TMH
    I'm on for Monday! Aiming til Thursday August 13. That will be the most AF days in ages. But I really feel ready for this. My family knows what I'm trying to do and I have a calendar in my bedroom so I put a big AF circled in pink highlight...Hahahahaha

I know it's the support from you guys that's making me feel this strong!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

TMH...you may remember what a terrible time I was having trying to get my roof fixed.

Well it's still not fixed but most of it is covered in tarp. Yesterday me and hubby were talking about just walking away and letting the bank have it. But this morning I woke up feeling like I needed to hear from God. It was too late to go to church so I watched a live broadcast. And really feel like I shouldn't give up on my dream of getting my roof fixed and the rest of the house remodeled. And paying it off so we can leave it to our children and grandchildren.

Right now it's me...hubby...my oldest son...my daughter and her two children...and my two dogs that live here.
      We would be leaving a house to live in an apartment. My son would have to get his own place...and my daughter and her children their own place....and I would probably have to get rid of my doggies (cause they're big boys).

Both my children only work part-time...my hubby is the only one working full-time. Which means my daughter and grandchildren would have to move to the projects (nothing against the projects...but we were all raised in this house).

I decided to hold a family meeting on Wednesday while everybody is off....and let them know that if they want us to continue to live here we are all going to have to pitch in and make this work!

Nobody has really been cleaning...well not the way I know it can be cleaned. And my son only pays $100 for rent and my daughter just turned 21 and just got her first real job. So if we pull together this can work.

I'm writing about this cause I think my determination to get my drinking under control is rubbing off on other areas of my life!

I'm determined!!!

Have a successful day guys!!!

Comment

I do remember that about your roof! Sounds like some tough love is definitely in order, Blue. Good for you. Why should so much land on your hubby.

Was just out for a walk & was thinking how I have to get back to Flylady routine so know what you mean about the discipline spilling to other areas. Flylady.net is an organization/cleaning website.

TMH
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Feeling an uncomfortable pull to drink tonight. It's not that it hasn't happened before but it sure hasn't happened very much. Because I feel like then AL will have won, I am not doing it. I'm a little concerned and will stay vigilant to try to make sure that my perceived control over alcohol isn't just me trying to fool myself. The other times I have decided to have a drink, so far, have been while on vacation or out with friends. Tonight I am just sitting at home. I know very well that I can all too easily turn my rare one drink every couple of weeks to one drink a week to a drink a day to two drinks and so on. I DO NOT WANT That to happen!

Comment

OK I had dinner and a cookie. Feeling better now :happy2:

Comment

Good for you Frances. Yes, I know how that goes. I have eaten my weight in trail mix again, tonight, but whatever it takes!

Comment

Thanks Lizann! TMH - I am looking forward to checking out fllylady.net - I have a lot of trouble getting motivated and changing habits for a couple of areas - one is laundry and the other is keeping bills and paperwork organized. Maybe that site can help me! Laundry is my nemesis and I just can't seem to get myself into any habit with it and so it always gets to an overwhelming amount and then I'm just irritated and can't do it all, etc. - I really need help!

Comment

Originally posted by blue1 View Post
                  Sam- are you playing? I think you're playing...,but if not it's an Italian restaurant....lol

Nope, I was being serious, I live a sheltered life!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I am going for a AF week. I had an interesting Friday night, it was one of my school weekends. I am getting my MBA, so once a month I am in school all day Fri-Sunday. MY cohorts definitely do like to party! Anyway, Friday night just went to the Yankee game, and yes was drinking beer. When I got back to the City, I decided to stop by a bar and drink more beer. I was out later than I had wanted to be. Chatted with some people, etc. School was fine the next day, but I felt weird. So Saturday, I just took it easy with my gf. We went to dinner and each just had one glass of wine. I also had a presentation the next day. Sunday, semester done! One of my cohorts invited us to a pool party at his place in Long Island. I went, drove, yeah I did have some beers. I drove home relatively early and picked my gf up. Truth be told, I probably shouldn't have been driving, even though I felt fine and was driving fine, but still. Anyway, at 3am I woke up in the morning and felt weird again...I told my gf it was the chinese food. I kept getting up. Anyway, I think I realized I shouldn't have been driving, even if it was LIE traffic all the way back. More importantly, why didn't I just have 2-3 light beers? I did take some time before I hit the road, but still. Anyway, for health reasons, I want to go AF at least through Friday... I am going away... I want to keep the drinking (if any) to a glass of wine or two, or beer or two at dinner... So am I with whoever is looking to go AF free

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
                      Thanks Lizann! TMH - I am looking forward to checking out fllylady.net - I have a lot of trouble getting motivated and changing habits for a couple of areas - one is laundry and the other is keeping bills and paperwork organized. Maybe that site can help me! Laundry is my nemesis and I just can't seem to get myself into any habit with it and so it always gets to an overwhelming amount and then I'm just irritated and can't do it all, etc. - I really need help!
                      As far as laundry, I have a schedule that I have adhered to for years. . . Monday is permanent press/delicates, Wednesday is whites/towels, Saturdays is colors. Maybe a schedule would help you too?

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
                        OK I had dinner and a cookie. Feeling better now :happy2:
                        Yayyyyyy Frances....good job!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                          Nope, I was being serious, I live a sheltered life!
                          Maybe see if there is one where you live Sam. Do you live a sheltered live cause you choose to or because you have to?

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
                            As far as laundry, I have a schedule that I have adhered to for years. . . Monday is permanent press/delicates, Wednesday is whites/towels, Saturdays is colors. Maybe a schedule would help you too?
                            Tuesday used to be my wash day when my children were little.

Comment

Ok....TMH and Stew....I'm on the AF wagon at least til Thursday!!!

I might be posting more of my thoughts as the time goes on cause I know it's only three days but I haven't had three days in a row for a long.....time. Pray for my strength guys and I'll pray for yours.

Comment

Oh, boy laundry is the worst for me.. I probably should just send it out... anyway... I am glad to see there is activity here again. I always did my best when there was support here, and I had hit some gloomy places in the past. Now, my life is relatively good, but can always be better...

j.

Comment

Working...
                                X