X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the thread, timely read
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I post because this is my virtual support group, sometimes to chew stuff over and occasionally to help others. I don't regularly post in the newbies thread etc. This site has been important in my recovery and helps me to stay accountable to myself and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
        It's posts from the long time sober peeps that help me most these days. Seeing people living well on the other side of the darkness. Love my MWO AF role models!
        Here 's what's funny, Pie.....you ARE one of the long time sober people! You are the examples of what sober living can offer and are an excellent role model! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Even as a long-term abstainer, I still need to live "one day at a time" when suffering. So very thankful for this site and all the nice people here.
          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I continue to post because it keeps me grounded in reality. I know that sounds strange considering I'm talking about posting on an internet site but you folks, real or imagined, are the only people I trust to understand what it takes to become sober and to stay sober. For that I thank you all
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

I have yet to find myself through the fog into long term sobriety, just months at a time AF. But I read here nearly everyday. The posts from the long term sober helps me more than you will ever know. So, I thank you, It is needed.

Comment

Hey Mr V, don't worry, most of us who found long term sobriety were like everyone else, tried and tried till we found a quit that stuck. Keep trying and you'll find your's as well!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

yep i had a bunch of 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, even a couple of one years- but this time I feel like it is for keeps. I am completely sick of drinking.

Comment

I haven't posted in a long time, But have still been working at my sobriety and addictions ,Its good to give back to the people who helped me get to where I am now. So hope to be around for a bit now

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                    X