• Show
Clear All

Meditate, exercise,

honesty, humility, gratitude,

repeat ...

repeat ...

repeat ...

Comment

ATT, what was your name on the old site? Is it you I have seen posting every year on your anniversary? Seems like that person's name was three words, maybe At This Time or some such? Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by ATTTT View Post
        All done drinking.. I think that the worrying part of your post to me is this "thinking we can now handle one or have an occasional drink" Once you remove that thought its simple. You CANT have one drink. Its not an option. Dont entertain it. At its basics this is the core of my sobriety, just dont have one drink.

ATT,

Thanks for your concern but I wanted to clarify that I personally do not have those thoughts, if I could edit what I said I should have worded it that "some folks" rather than some of us which implied I was one of them. I actually just posted a post on Newbie's Nest today about how even an "occasional" drink is a deadly thought. I understand your statement about using other people's slips as your motivation as we must be constantly diligent in our quit or it's too easy to relapse. Far easier than a lot of people think.

Congrats on your success with this.

~Addy
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

ATT thanks for sharing with us. It is inspiring to see real long term sobriety. It CAN be done.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

ATT, thank you for your posts and congratulations on your AF time. It is very useful and also reassuring to see some of the mindset type things that have helped you. I agree with you about the absolute need for brutal honesty with one's self. This is such a condition of deception that without honesty success is doubtful. Thank you very much for three good food thought!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

ATT, hats off to you, 10 amazing years!!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Congrats ATT! How wonderful to hear such an inspiring story.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Well done ATT , a great achievement and wonderful post, thank you.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thats amazing and a great inspiration. Well done and congratulations ATT

Comment

Wonderful post! Congratulations for making a new life for yourself. I like to look at things in a similar way 'i don't drink, period, ever.' Take it off the table. :yay::victorious::yay::victorious:
                      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
                      X