Food and booze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food and booze

I feel like I have very similar reactions to both of these substances. I would have added caffeine up until two months ago.

I took some advice from a thin person who told me that if you are confronted with a piece of cake or other goodie, take a few bites and toss the other parts away. I seem to have mastered that.

Is this what life is about I wonder? Have we been so inappropriately trained in over-indulgence?

So many people are overweight in this country.

Seems like what we need to do with food and alcohol is learn how to enjoy in much smaller bits and to not act on emotions when indulging in either.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find that the normal body signals don't seem to work in either category. For example, you get home from work, eat a snack and still feel like you want to devour something (carbs in particular).

I have read books about food and mood. and i adapted my diet accordingly.
    I would like to be in better touch with my body in both food and booze.

Food and booze

I agree, Nancy. I have finally gotten to the point where I can eat a little cake without thinking about it all day and wanting more. I call that the "last supper syndrome". You might as well eat everything you are craving because you know you are going on a diet tomorrow. That is why I have bannished the word "diet" from my vocabulary.

Alcohol can be the same thing. It's like, once I start, might as well comsume lots, because I know tomorrow I'm going AF. But it is not essential to having fun.

I really wish I could get alcohol in the same perspective in my life as I do food. But I think I may have to face the fact that it's all or nothing in that area for me.

Comment

Working...
    X