Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, 100 degrees, no bueno!

Techie, that sounds amazing. We love that area. Need to get it on the calendar for a revisit.

24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & heat lovers everywhere. Going to be a gorgeous day here. Have a beautiful one yourselves. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Stormy day here but we need the rain so I am not complaining!

I agree, QW, it's definitely a good day not to drink!

24 please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

60°F right now, but the temps are supposed to drop into the forties with rain as the day goes on. Blah...

I'll take another 24 please...

Comment

5:08am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A cool spring for us as well, and just as dry! They keep putting rain in the forecast but it never happens! Supposed to be rain this weekend again so maybe I'll get some days off so I can head back to Veg to spend some time with Bubba and Hank. I'm always showing combining clips, so yesterday I made a seeding clip...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, thanks for that video clip! That was really cool seeing a slice of your life like that. Yes, unseasonably cool here as well. We've been getting rain on and off. I sure wish I could send some your way,

This is supposed to be a year of cicadas here in southern Ohio. It happens every 17 years. It's to begin mid May and continue for several weeks.

24 more would be really grand!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We just renewed our house insurance policy and because we are now living in a condo, the premium dropped by almost $1,500. Of course that’s because the policy only now covers the contents, the cost of the building insurance is included in the monthly fees we pay.
                  Then the car insurance bill arrives. Welcome to the big city, to insure your vehicle will cost you an additional $800 annually! Oh well, we’re still about $700 ahead.

Still a few boxes left to unpack, hopefully today is the last day we live with cardboard. Yesterday we hung our first piece of artwork, a framed photo I took of Roche Miette in Jasper National Park. We’re being very selective in what goes up on our limited wall space.

Our Premier finally tightened Covid restrictions to hopefully stem the increase in Covid cases in Alberta. Many people, me included, think he should have done this a few months ago. I feel sorry for many small businesses, restaurants especially, who have endured a series of temporary closures and now face a 3 week lockdown.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow, ABC! Wouldn't a farmer from 100 years ago be amazed at the technology these days?!! Thanks for sharing a little slice of your life with us.

Another gorgeous spring day here! I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & videographers. Awesome stuff, Cowboy. Busy day, but workout first. Have a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                      “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe and Wow Cowboy I had no idea there was so much technology in farming. Thanks for sharing that. I can only imagine how expensive that must be to fix when it breaks. Hope everyone has a great day. It’s sunny and hot and we are looking at another condo today. We must be nuts!!! Another 24 for me. Please and thanks

Comment

Hello cafe family. Day 24 for me. The last week or so (especially the weekend) has been rough. Lot's of fighting in my own head. But sober.
                          [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], great video. We no-till and have all the beans in and just finished up the corn. It's a family farm and I still help when my work allows. Planted almost 1000 acres this year in total. The rain shuts us down because when you no-till those ruts stay there FOREVER.
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I am looking forward to the cicadas as well. That is the sound of summer to me.

Anyway, long day. I have an all week, all day long meeting this week and it's taking its toll. Anyway, here's to another AF day. Please sign me up for another 24.

Comment

Great progress, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. The weekends are tough in the beginning of the quit. I just powered through them. I always found a way to reward myself w/o the poison. It does get easier. I’m eleven years into it and my life is so much better!

Comment

Good morning all! Today is my volunteer day in the ER. I honestly did not enjoy it last week on my first day. It felt a little bit too much like real work. I was on my feet and physically active nearly the entire time. There were no significant or even small social interactions with people. I decided to give the assignment a month before I decide if I will continue or not, but right now, I'm leaning toward not.

I saw a local news report last night about the cicadas. They are really beautiful in their own way. Yes, BigAl, I am looking forward to the experience. I love nature sounds!

24 more please and thank you,
                              Dill

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X