~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning for me here under the clouds in Jersey, 8:15 am. The days I have to grab the bus to NYC are always so much worse when it's raining like yesterday though other than the 20 minute walk from the bus station the buses were reasonably on time. I'll take another 24 please!
    [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], :goodjob: on getting Q1 in your rear view!

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

24 for me please.
      Have not heard that song for some time, Idef.

Comment

Haha Cowboy! Its true the only days I can actually sleep is days off,during the week my internal alarm goes off too darn early! 6:01 in Vegas, another 24 for me and my friends here and a donut!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was hit early this morning by a trigger and it got me to thinking. We who hid our drinking for so many years came up with so many different ways to drink that we may have developed some pretty odd triggers. Today, the sunlight hit on a small glass measuring cup I was replacing into the cabinet. I have used that measuring cup for alcohol in the past but I handle it frequently so its trigger strength has been much diminished. But today, the sunshine glinting coupled with the history of my use of that small glass reminded me of the many times the sunlight sparkled off the glass of chardonnay I would drink at end of day at this time of year...The beast awakens!

So, I pledge to be extra careful today as I seize 24 more! Carpe af diem!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill,I've been triggered by a pair of flip flops that I wore during drink days! Makes me feel like a wacko,glad I'm not the only one haha
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday to all!
              Another 24 please!

Comment

Strange triggers? Sitting around a campfire on a clear, star filled night gives me the biggest "I wish" ever! Just goes to show you how strong the pull can be, but give it a minute or two and the pull passes..
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please x
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wildflower.
                  Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                  And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Day 17 Feeling some real clarity lately. Best in a number of years .Another 24 please

Comment

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks... And dear Lord, can You please take our friend Pauly by the hand and help her through this most difficult time? I would sure appreciate it... Thank You...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy
                      Last edited by abcowboy; May 27, 2017, 07:19 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have never been triggered to drink when looking up at the stars, thankfully. Usually that is a trigger for a feeling of gratitude that I can appreciate them!

In spite of my pledge yesterday I'm sad to say, I fell short. I've analyzed it and realize it was just letting myself get ahead of myself, looking at the challenges we are facing as family. Over-thinking. Escaping. I'm feeling so disgusted and down on myself today! As usual, drinking just made things worse.

So, humbly I ask for 24.
                        Last edited by dill; May 27, 2017, 10:29 AM.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

:congrats: [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION]

Asking for even half a day. Not sure what to do with self. Get a day or two and back down the rabbit hole.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that, [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]. I know you will get back on track tho. You can do it!

I miss your posts.
                            Last edited by dill; May 27, 2017, 01:44 PM.
                            Dill

Comment

Shortly before midnight here in Jersey and has been a very lazy day. Another 24 please!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], imho it has served me well to let go of the disgust and focus instead on the beautiful person emerging from the cocoon and may be worth trying on. :hug:

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], it will click. Just keep in mind that every time we choose something over drinking we are rewriting the script, changing our destiny by nudging ourselves in a better direction. Keep walking and keep your eyes on your north star. :hug:
                              Last edited by Orimus; May 27, 2017, 10:50 PM.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Thank you for your kind words [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]. You are right. I am letting go of the disgust and focusing on the positive progress I have made over time.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X