~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hello everyone, I hope we all have another 24 hours of blissful freedom no matter what trials and tribulations come our way this day.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow, between the pics of your views [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] I'm not sure why you'd want to go anywhere else!

A good heavy swath of canola makes our combines rumble as it goes through [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I can't imagine what corn sounds like! Do the cobs get chopped up into small pieces as they go through the straw chopper?

I don't usually rant and rave about Covid, but these people who didn't get vaccinated and are filling up our hospitals needlessly is really starting to get under my skin! A while back we were informed that the fil made it to the top of the waiting list for a room in the long term care center here in Veg and we'd be done with that 40 minute drive to Mannville to see him. Bubba now got word that all the rooms were being filled with the people in hospitals waiting for long term care to make room in the hospitals for the Covid patients! We're not sure now how long it will be before he can get moved to Veg. I am so tired of all of this! I guess I should be grateful that he's only 40 minutes away as some of the families will have a lot further drive because the people being moved into the long term care rooms have no say at all where they get placed, they just get moved to the first available room anywhere to get that hospital room open. When will all this madness end??
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Friday for us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW is waiting to hear about a referral to a gastroenterologist as the next step in trying to find out what’s going on. Many thanks for the positive comments, and while it’s great to know what it isn’t, it is soooo frustrating.

Dill, I like your phrase “blissful freedom”. Staying af truly is blissful freedom.

There’s an ER doctor in Calgary who has been critical of the government and the way it has (mis)managed our Covid response in Alberta. The other day, he almost broke down when telling about an 18 year old young lady, unvaccinated, who died of Covid. He said she died because she lived in Alberta. How sad.
          I think it’s time that science overrules politicians so that we can get through this. For the first time, we’re going to grocery shop online and have it delivered because I just don’t feel safe being out in the stores.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those really appreciating life ATM. Light and prayer for Mrs QW and others in need. I really struggled on my morning run, not physically, but mentally. I just found out a Phoenix friend is in ICU w/ Covid and is not good at all. Also, struggling with writing and facing a looming deadline. Sometimes, life stuff conspires to overwhelm us. I’ll work through it. I always do. It is flipping the switch I often talk about. No one else but us are in control of how we feel. While we all have unresolved issues, we need to face them so they cannot hold power over us.

I agree with Cowboy about how tiresome and troubling reading about these anti vaxxers, and the burden they are causing. Human stupidity is rapidly mutating into many other strains of stupid which are far stupider and can inflict even more stupid damage on the stupid world.

I accept with a loving sense of gratitude another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Crazy covid here too. I have family that are not vaxed and sick. I have to say it really pisses me off. We've lost all compassion for others. I fear the worst for our country, if we can't remedy that. Where has the kindness for others gone? :'(

Amazing views, Rava! I love the gulf. Nothing like it on this side of the country. Hope the condo works out. Fingers crossed.

Jude, you've got this!! Go with a plan and you'll do great.

I got some additional exercises at PT yesterday, as well as, some at-home traction things to do. He thought I'd benefit from a prednisone pack but my Dr said no way. Side affects and such. Yesterday was rough. Hoping for relief soon!

Hi to all! 24 more for me!

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Well, I had a looooong meeting today which went 2 hours past the 2 hour timeframe. Which pushed into my scheduled therapist time, but it was an important meeting, and I had two bosses on the meeting, so I didn't go. But, I will go next week, but she is getting a little bit pissed at me, as that is not the first time that has happened. It's a dynamic workplace, and with COVID, meetings pop up at a moments notice and can last quite a while.

Speaking of COVID, I live squarely in the middle of the US in the reddest state around. Not to get political, but the folks in this little small town didn't and don't wear masks, and don't get vaccinated, and basically buy into the "COVID is a big lie" lie. It is hard to be rather progressive in this town.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Seriously, I don’t want to offend any of my fellow brethren with talk of politics, but how can one deny the science behind it. Vaccines have been mandated forever. My newly 12 year old daughter couldn’t go to school without current vaccines! Why are so many people against this particular one? We are all vaccinated, and will get boosters when allowed. But we are the vast minority here.
                  Last edited by BigAl; September 25, 2021, 06:54 AM. Reason: Language adjustments

Comment

The whole covid thing is getting to me as well. The hospitals here are filling up with covid positive folks as well. Surgeries are being cancelled because there just isn't enough room due to all of the sick people plugging up all of the available beds. It's just so sad and frustrating.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We're pretty "redneck" up in our area as well [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], but most people recognize the fact that things won't improve unless we all work together to tame Covid. Just about everyone I've talked to has been vaccinated, but mask wearing is pretty much limited to the stores which is okay by me. We have a fairly large population of Mennonites and they are mostly against the vaccine, except when the Premier of our province announced the $100 free debit card to those who still haven't been vaccinated. Lots of them were booking their appointments for the jab lol. Funny how money can be such an incentive, but I don't think it will drive up the percentage of those vaccinated very much.

It's going to be a nice fall day here so I'm going to get in some much needed relaxing grass time with my buddy, in-between my loads of laundry that is lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m just as sick of Covid as everyone else. I have been vaccinated and do all I can to stay safe. I’m not going to stop living because of it. I don’t feel careless and wear a mask when asked to. I have friends on both sides of the fence and respect their right to make their own decisions. Today we head home. Have not heard back from the sellers yet regarding the problems in the inspection. So Mr. R and I are in a holding pattern. The new place is only 5 miles up the road and the condo is a little bigger and on the first floor. We are currently on the second floor. As we get older a first floor might be smarter. Hope everyone has a great Saturday. I pick up my little beast dog from the kennel on the way home. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I respect people's decisions as well Rava,the vaccine is new so some people don't trust it,many people who are fully vaxxed are still getting sick and there's already the needing of the booster which doesn't seem quite right since most people have only been vaxxed for a few months as it is,my brother is gonna quit his job is its mandated where he's at,I'm sick of hearing about it all. Waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF Saturday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, you’re right - where has the compassion gone? I hope we soon find it.

We’ve heard so much about the rights of anti-vaxxers but what about the rights of those who have been vaccinated? How many stories have we heard of those who believed Covid is a hoax only to change their minds while in an ICU bed just before they died? And what about innocent people who have had necessary surgeries postponed time and time again because there are no hospital beds available? Where are their rights? Enuf. We have to work together to end this.

Big Al, I miss meetings! Actually I don’t. I’m not always, OK, seldom, politically correct. I once walked out of a meeting hosted by a senior VP of the company where I worked. Fifteen minutes into the meeting all he talked about was his cottage. When asked where I was going, I replied that I had work to do.
                              Meetings - where minutes are taken and hours wasted!

Rava, delay is a great negotiation tactic and can be used by either side. As tough as it might be, try to leave emotions out of the process and treat it strictly like a business transaction.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; September 25, 2021, 08:08 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great advice about the condo, QW.

As I read through today's posts, I was struck by how fortunate I am to have landed here in the Cafe. You guys all bring so much to the "table". I look forward to checking in each day!

I hope you all have a restful AF weekend. 24 more !

Comment

Working...
                                X