No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], that 5th wheel is gorgeous! It definitely wouldn't be hard living in it year round! And it looks like Ginger has claimed her spot lol.

The new condo must be starting to feel like home [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

I was wondering where [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] got to as well, hopefully he'll check in with us...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, the new trailer looks perfect. And, there’s nothing nicer than a content puppy sleeping in front of a fire.

Glad your new furniture arrived Rava and that you were able to cancel the furniture that wouldn’t fit. Bet you’re not missing the Amazon night tables!

Had a nice Skype visit with my son in Australia last night. He and his partner bought an old run down community hall last year and have transformed it into a nice place to live. It was 31C, 88F, and sunny there yesterday.

Have a great af Saturday everyone. Big Al, we miss you buddy!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Nice Ginger! Happy af Saturday to us all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, glad your furniture arrived and you were able to cancel the piece you didn't need.

We are headed to a community yard sale today. Should be fun treasure hunting.

Prayers go out to those affected by the deadly tornado. 🙏

With a grateful heart I humbly ask for another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and treasure hunters. Another extremely cold morning here but I do love it. Busy day with lots to do. Self care and house care are on the agenda. So, with tons of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Thinking of [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

The power and internet has been out here for the past 24 hours, so I'm using my phone to post this. Sure hope that it comes back soon!
              [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], please check in. We miss you!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

The wind has been horrendous here and many are suffering power outages in my area. Sorry you are, too, Jude. Thanks for checking in in spite of it!

Tomorrow I have an eye doctor appointment for my annual exam. I am due for a new prescription, I think, so I'll have to pick out a frame, etc. Decisions, decisions decisions!!! They have SO MANY to choose from, I get overwhelmed.

For today, 24 more please for all of us here, and anyone else who wants the same.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get some breakfast out me thinks...

Comment

Sure hope your power is restored soon [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Mother Nature can be so devastating at times, my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the tornados and their after affects...

I'm happy with my new glasses and prescription [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but I always wonder why there are so many different frames for women than there are for men lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, when my daughter shops for frames she takes selfies and sends me pictures to help her choose. Maybe you could do the same or take a friend. I hate picking out frames and totally agree its completely overwhelming! Cowboy thanks for the breakfast. I finally made it as I slept like a log last night. First time in a long time that I wasn’t up half the night. Big Al, please come back! We miss you. Hi to the gang and wishing everyone a great and sober Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I have had a rough week. I drank again and it was as if everything cycled back to 2x as bad as it was before. I was so proud of myself and was doing so well. Cunning, baffling, powerful. But, I am starting again today, and I am no longer going to count days other than today. And today I am not going to drink. Today I am not going to drink. Today I am not going to drink.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone on this forum, and I am going to push through this. I feel so incredibly bad, so ashamed of myself. I can't even put it into words. But, I am not going to drink today.
                          Last edited by BigAl; December 12, 2021, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, we’ve all been where you are. Don’t feel ashamed. Look at what you’ve accomplished! And, you’re back with your Cafe friends. One day at a time my friend. 24/7/365.

I too dislike selecting glasses frames. The last time I got new ones, I asked the young lady if the pair I was trying on made me look grumpy. She smiled and assured me they did not. Back on the rack they went!

Bad weather & nasty storms seem to be more common and everywhere these days. It’s hard to imagine the power of Mother Nature. Stay safe, Cafe friends!

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy! Thanks.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Big Al, we’re here for you!!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; December 12, 2021, 08:52 AM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, so glad you're back. Please don't let this slip define your quit. You've learned so much and accomplished a good string of days and will again one day at a time! Stay close!

Rava, glad you got a good night's sleep.

Dill, I always take a friend when selecting glasses. There's no way I can pick a pair without my buddy and her brutal honesty. Lol

I hope we all have a lovely Sunday. Prayers out too all those affected by the tornado. 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the wind fatigued. GREAT to see you back [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Notice the date I joined MWO and look at my date of when my quit stuck, you’ll see I fell off the rails too. I pray you will have a firm grip this time. For me, when I had 30+ days I felt so good, I thought I could handle a pill and some drink. WRONG. It was just the ego mind overriding my heart and soul. Learning to restrain the inner voice is key. Actually, that is the key to mastering life. So, here’s a virtual hug and undying support for you, brother.

I had a long run this morning. Quite cold and damp with a mix of rain/snow in the forecast. I fell but only scratched my wrist between my glove and sleeve. Lucky, as I am dealing with a knee issue. I most likely will see an Orthopedic sports doc next week. I need to keep healthy for the Grand Canyon hike. So, with deep appreciation for my body, my soul, and my loved ones, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

For BigAl, et al…

Last edited by techie; December 12, 2021, 01:01 PM. Reason: Addendum
                                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Working...
                                X