No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's heartbreaking to here when anyone gets news like that [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] let alone a close friend. Just be the best friend you can be to him throughout his remaining days. My truck goes in this morning for an oil change and tire rotation. This dealership seems a lot better than my old one but it's a bit more expensive. I don't mind paying a bit more for good service though.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, I remember those frequent swings in weather conditions from our days living in eastern Ontario. I don’t miss the damp, here, it’s very dry and while colder than many other places, the cold isn’t as bone chilling.

Vehicle servicing can certainly be hit and miss. Sorry your experience wasn’t pleasant Big Al. Over the years I’ve had similar experiences. I once had an oil change done and the following day found a puddle of oil under my vehicle. I called the owner and was told the kid likely forgot to tighten the filter. They serviced my vehicle twice that day - first and last times.
        I had my Jeep serviced last October at a national chain. I was happy with the work but I keep getting reminders that it’s time for the next servicing. I’ve only driven 1300kms, just over 800 miles since then so won’t be needing any servicing for a while.
        I hope they correct their mistakes and apologize Big Al. Cowboy, I hope you have a better experience,

I had an email the other day from a lady I worked with 16 years ago, asking if she could get my opinion on something. We’ve kept in touch since then but this will be our first phone conversation in a long time. I’m curious about what she wants to discuss but very much looking forward to catching up.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, I hope you enjoy the gym and perhaps sign on for a few weeks or months. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a slug! I've fallen out of the habit of getting any regular exercise. I blame the cold weather, but really that's no excuse!

Today I will make a batch of molasses spice cookies. I'll mitigate the damage to my waistline line by sharing them out with friends! And getting some exercise!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday everyone!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

When I'm home and can't get outside to walk, I ride the recumbent bike 7 miles. I just watch a 30 min Netflix show. Painless!

Cool here today too, 60s and windy. Back to 80s this weekend though. We only have about six weeks left here then we'll be heading home to help with the gkids so mom and dad can get away to Costa Rica. Seems like this winter flew by!

I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those seeking warmth. I nearly froze my unmentionables off this morning here in San Jose. I forgot to bring my base layers and ran five miles with teeth chattering. It was 33f and very windy at 6am. I finally warmed up after 3 large cups of English Breakfast Tea. I wish Cowboy would add that to his Sunday morning meals. Haha. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Prayers for your friend, BigAl!

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm very lucky to have a mechanic that I know and trust. Mr.J is great at fixing cars, but sometimes one of our vehicles needs work that requires more tools that he has available. Our mechanic is also a friend, which helps a lot!

I hear you Rava about feeling like a slug. I have a treadmill at home, but rarely use it, as I get so bored with it. I have all kinds of exercise videos, and I really need to pop one into the DVD player soon. It doesn't seem it now, but shorts weather is just around the corner.

15°F this morning with another storm coming tonight.

QW, I went to college in Canton N.Y., which is very close to the Canadian border. It's only a couple of hours from where I live now, but the air was so much drier than here. It didn't snow as much, but it was a whole lot colder!

Humbly asking for another sober day and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie you run in bone chilling cold and I cant seem to get out of my own way in perfect weather. That being said I made a appointment at the gym for tomorrow at 10 am. We shall see. I will try the 3 day free trial and see how it goes. I have absolutely no excuses not to exercise. Today will be another slug day, heading to a resort (that our sister in law belongs to) and laying poolside all day with my new book. Need to rest up before my big gym day tomorrow. LOL. Wishing everyone a great Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. An early morning, an early start to work, and most likely a trip up to the office this morning. Everything seems to fairly even keeled right now, so no complaints from me; just life on life's terms. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday.

I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                          I'm very lucky to have a mechanic that I know and trust. Mr.J is great at fixing cars, but sometimes one of our vehicles needs work that requires more tools that he has available. Our mechanic is also a friend, which helps a lot!

I hear you Rava about feeling like a slug. I have a treadmill at home, but rarely use it, as I get so bored with it. I have all kinds of exercise videos, and I really need to pop one into the DVD player soon. It doesn't seem it now, but shorts weather is just around the corner.

15°F this morning with another storm coming tonight.

QW, I went to college in Canton N.Y., which is very close to the Canadian border. It's only a couple of hours from where I live now, but the air was so much drier than here. It didn't snow as much, but it was a whole lot colder!

Humbly asking for another sober day and thank you!
                          I'm lucky I have one I can trust too,, my husband haha! I'm still driving a Durango that shoulda been dead a few years ago but luckily(cross my fingers) its still going strong, well strongish, I get very sentimental with cars so I've been reluctant to get anything else,waves to the gang and here's to another 24 of wellness for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Cafe family. Last night I sat with hubby and had two drinks as we talked about heading home soon. It was relaxing and pleasant. So with a humble heart, I ask for 24. 🙃

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was great to catch up on a personal level with my former co-worker yesterday. She’s back working part time at the non-profit where we met ( I hired her, one of the best hires I made) and she’s discovered, among other things, evidence of financial misappropriations and was asking for advice. I retired from there 12 years ago and at the time, it was running exceptionally well and had been successful in initiating several worthwhile projects. It was sad to hear how the business has gone downhill. Even though it’s no longer my responsibility, I’m so disappointed. It was a sleepless night.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a healthy 24 hours of clarity. :heartbeat:
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X