~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and mechanics. One of my financial advisers mentioned it may be a good idea to withdraw sone cash due to the likelihood that Russia & China mat launch cyberattacks. We are doing that this morning. In a more positive, on my run this morning as I stop for a light another runner who was behind me starting chatting me up. He is a former COO of Google.. He is involved in a new start up here in the valley. We ran about five miles together and talked tech, economy, and world events. Not a bad start to the day. BTW, it was freezing 32f when I left my hotel room. So, with lots to ponder, saying prayers for our world, I gratefully accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Snowing hard, so it looks like another book and fireplace day.

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

All his talk about exercise has inspired me to sign up for our local rec center for a month. The rec center is owned by the University but they make it available to community members for a nominal fee. It has all kinds of exercise equipment and a great indoor track. Folks over 65 can have access for $10/month which is pretty great! There are restricted hours due to reserving some times for the exclusive use of the students. I'm heading over there this morning with Mr. D for a walk around the track.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pretty handy (and way less expensive) when your mechanic is your hubby [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! I know the feeling about being attached to a vehicle, I sure hated to part with my old truck.

I don't know if I read it or someone said it to me but it goes "I don't need to go to the gym, I get enough exercise walking from the couch to the fridge all day long" lol
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, I was at the bank yesterday and there was a woman in there pulling out her money for the same reason you mentioned. It’s really a scary time right now. I never have cash on hand. It’s making me think twice. Ugh. Anyway, today is my gym appointment. I have 3 days to decide but definitely don’t want to over do it or I will be too sore to continue. QW sorry to hear about money issues at your former workplace. Pauly, I’m like you I drive cars until they literally fall apart. Good luck Dill at your YMCA. Maybe we can share notes. LOL. Ginger, last night sounded very chill. Glad you could celebrate with just 2. My last episode ended with a 2 day headache. UGH. Tomorrow is a community bbq with lots of beer and wine. I will have to plan ahead for my sobriety. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My former coworker also told me about the treasurer of a Rotary Club I used to belong to. He was caught stealing from the club, over $200,000. Anyone who has ever fundraised would appreciate how much hard work and how many hours went into raising that kind of money. Obviously there was no system of checks and balances being followed.
                When I was treasurer of the Youth Justice Committee, I arranged for the bank statements to be mailed to another member of the executive as part of our checks and balances.

I got some good news this morning from friends in Nova Scotia. They won $250,000 in a 50/50 draw yesterday. This couple lives quite frugally and I assumed it was because money was tight. I hope this allows them to have some fun!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I'm doing alright, but sometimes it's like I hit a muddy spot in the road and my mind gets sucked to one side or the other. At least in sobriety I can not go careening into the ditch. Yesterday was a good day until the evening when my mind decided that I needed to be sad and fixate on the fact that I am not really in my wife or kid's life like I want to be, or feel I need to be. Shaking off the fixations of the brain is tough. So, I am going to meditate and humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

I will pick up my two month chip tonight (birthday night).

Comment

Happy AF Friday all!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BigAl, congrats on two months. I hope your life gets back to normal soon or your new normal becomes more tolerable. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Had an AF dinner with the neighbors. Main course wild salmon that he caught last summer. Occasionally I eat fish, if it's fresh caught. It was cooked in the air fryer and delish!

Waves to all and hope we all have a lovely 24 hours!

Comment

Awful late check in for me. Grand baby issues today. All’s well that ends well. Another twelve for me. Hahaha. See you in the morning. Blessings x
                        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning cafe! Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Big congrats on the 2 month chip, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! That's awesome. I hope you were able to switch gears and not continue to ruminate on the sad thoughts and feelings that were plaguing you. Sometimes I just have to physically change my location, or get out and take a walk or do some work outside to get my mind off my troubles. I hope you found a way to cope. I'm not sure meditation would help me. I'm not that good at it I guess.

Cowboy, You made me chuckle with that joke about walking from the couch to the fridge!

It felt really good to be back at the rec center yesterday, walking the indoor track. Unfortunately, Mr. D said he was feeling it in his knees. Hope he hangs in there.

Ginger, we do salmon in the air fryer all the time. I love it!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Congrats on 2 months Big Al. Wishing everyone a great and sober Saturday! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X