• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy AF Sunday all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mulburry, I hope you find answers soon. It is so frustrating when one can't find out the cause!

Thanks for another yummy breakfast, Cowboy! You take such good care of us here at the Cafe!

Rava, glad you're feeling better today. This cold weather is supposed to be short lived. Hang in there!

The cold and wind yesterday felt like a real slap in the face, that's for sure. But the week ahead looks like wonderfully typical springtime fare.

Our "landline" phone gave up the ghost yesterday so we decided to cut the cord. We cancelled the phone and the cable and are now officially "streamers" I think it will be fine. I realized that we weren't really getting our money's worth from the cable package. For many years we kept it because of the cable news channels. But as I mentioned recently, I can't hardly watch the news anymore because it has the feel of almost pure propaganda. I don't care which channel. They're all guilty. We've had enough! We bought a Roku stick for our older TV so we could stream on it as we do on our "smart" TV. I'm still learning the ropes, but so far so good.

Looking forward with gratitude to another 24.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It's been an odd couple of days. I am fully moved into an apartment. As long as I don't think about the status of my life too much I am OK, but when I turn around and look at where alcohol has lead me it is painful and almost dreamlike (and not in a good way). I think this is just life and accepting one's current lot. All I can do is just move on and move forward.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

May we all enjoy another 24 hours of freedom. Sign me up!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers. Thank you ABC. All my morning routine stuff is complete. So, with gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
              Good morning Cafe Friends. It's been an odd couple of days. I am fully moved into an apartment. As long as I don't think about the status of my life too much I am OK, but when I turn around and look at where alcohol has lead me it is painful and almost dreamlike (and not in a good way). I think this is just life and accepting one's current lot. All I can do is just move on and move forward..
              This resonates with me a lot. And exactly the attitude I'm trying to have, because really you can't go back in time, all you can do is try to move forward.

Speaking of dreams, I had another incredibly powerful drinking dream last night. I seem to crave alcohol more in my sleep than my waking hours... better than the other way around I guess, haha.
              Last edited by Mulburry; March 13, 2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Dill, we dumped the land-line phone years ago, and I sure don't miss it! We also use streaming tv instead of cable. We can watch what we want, when we want instead of the same old stuff that cable offers.

The weather is warming up and the snow is melting fast. It's supposed to be up in the 60's later in the week, and I'm so looking forward to it!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. We ditched our landline years ago but still get cable. It comes with our condo fees. But not nearly as expensive as it was in our house up north. Yesterday was cold and windy. Today is going to be great. No booze for me, none in the house and working on keeping a healthy mind frame. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Big Al, you have come so far. Very proud of the life you are now leading. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

BigAl I can only imagine what you must be experiencing. My marriage came close to hitting the rocks as yours has. Mr. D gave me warning that he did not think he could go on in the marriage as things were. When he did, I seriously considered separating so I could go on drinking!:egad: That's how dependent I had become on al. I hope you can weather these current times and that you and your wife can restore your marriage if that what you both want in the end. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward. Things are uncomfortable now, but better times lie ahead. :hug:

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hope everyone survived the time change without too much trouble lol. I don't find this time change too much trouble to adjust to and I sure enjoy the extra daylight in the evening!

We have a landline here in Vegreville [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it automatically comes with the fibre optic internet. We also are still on satellite tv, we have stayed with both phone/internet and tv providers for more than 20 years and get excellent rates because of "loyalty". We've had other competitors try to get us to change but none of them can come close to the prices we are paying.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another medical appointment today, I get the official results of the biopsy (benign) done last month. I hope to learn more about a study group I joined when the procedure was done.

We reluctantly have a landline but only because a phone is needed to give access to our building and it’s more practical than using either my or Mrs QW’s cell phones. It comes as part of our cable/internet package at minimal monthly cost. We tried being loyal to our service provider but found that changing every two years when the contract ends saves a lot of money for little inconvenience.

Off for a walk in the dark. Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll gladly take another 24. Thinking of you, BigAl and hoping things come around with you and Mrs.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. I’m off to a golf tournament. Will read back later this evening. Blessings x
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. Great news QW, and thanks for the positive thoughts. Things are actually going well. Super busy with the move. 24 more for me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X