• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas caffers!!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!!
      Sorry it took me a while to get back. Today was crazy !! I had to go into work and ended up working a bit late even though we got off "early". Then home to finish a tun of cleaning and cooking. Which was two special kinds of salads, mashed garlic potatoes and fish. And of course lots of treats.
      Everyone here was drinking. Although my SO didn't drink because I wasn't. But there was a lot of booze. Some of which I purchased for everyone. Which I know some ppl will think was stupid of me to do but it didn't feel stupid. I wasn't tempted so much in drinking as much as I wanted to fit in. Have a glass of champagne. You know? Or wine with dinner. But I know if I did then it wouldn't stop.
      Instead I enjoyed some sparkling organic juice and chocolates. Which I now feel totally guilty over.

Oh, LC...you were asking and I do go to the gym 4/5 times a week roughly and eat as clean as possible. strength training is a big one for me.

Anyways, sorry if I missed anyone. Will read back tomorrow morning. More cooking to do. I am going cross eyed.
      I wanted so much more to air out some of mr feelings but will this weekend sometime.

Merry Christmas and hope Santa is good to all of you ??

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

I love strength training, Bri, and have been thinking about it while I've been eating tons of bready and chocolaty treats!:happy2:
        Will get back to real life sometime soon...

Enjoy!!

Comment

Merry Christmas all ! !
          All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Merry Christmas my friends.
            Hope everyone is doing well.
            Let us know how you survived the holidays! My first one in nine years !!

Comment

Good morning! Yes Bri I get the buying al for others. I had hubs get champagne for yesterday. I feel like the fact that it's in the house draws less attention to me not drinking. And you know, I did fine. I'm sure everyone was watching me. Twin sissy even stayed in the house with me while everyone else took a walk. I stayed back to just clean up a bit. There was a little wine left in one bottle, she drank it. We didn't talk about it, but I'm thinking she wasn't gonna left me have it. Maybe I'm just so freaking sober that I'm aware of anything!!!!

LC Christmas Eve we traditionally do Wurstchen and rolls. Lax schinken and assorted other cold cuts. Christmas Day we had a brunch with a ham. Looking forward to some leftovers today. I'm usually too busy to eat on the actual holiday.

So hubby got me a jawbone (fitness /step tracker thingy). I'm excited to use it.

So just a cup of decaf and another 24 for me today. I'll check back later,

Comment

My first AF Christmas in a very long long time. I will take another 24 please.

Comment

8:30 am Auckland 24 more please ;-)
                  AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Hi Bri and fellow travelers. I have never been accused of being the sharpest pencil in the drawer so I am just now learning that Bri is taking over the Cowboy cafe. I hope that it was a friendly takeover and not a hostile shareholder debacle -only jk of course. Another reason I was/have been unaware of this new cafe thread is that it "is only about me" sometimes and I do not pay attention. Ok, that is not really totally true. I have been really busy work/family wise and I also spend (too much) time posting on the med section (which certainly is not always a good thing but it is important to me).

Regardless of my rhetoric, I am grateful you are moving forward with this thread Bri and I am also grateful that others are getting some positive rewards from this thread as well.

In the south, cafes/grease grill are great places to meet up in mornings with friends and shoot the bull, laugh, and get the day started. In fact, these morning cafes are very important for a lot of people -especially some of the older folks who need/want to feel connected. I think the same holds true here; a place to gather, share good/difficult times, laugh, cut up, and receive a feeling that we each are somehow connected to another and are helping each other.

Bri -Fantastic!

--sf--

Comment

Lizann, how are you liking your Jawbone? I had a Fitbit, but it didn't work for me, but I do know quite a few friends that have it and the Jawbone and it's helped them stay on track 1000%. Good for you! I love the sleep monitoring...does yours do that?
                      To be honest, it didn't bother me too much...the beer and all the alcohol. There was a moment or two where I "wished" I could drink...to join the gang...but am grateful that my partner stuck through it with me and didn't drink himself. I indulged in chocolate instead.
                      Funny, I would be pouring beer for others, and there would still be some left in the can. I figured I could drink it....I mean, I didn't figure, the thought just passed through...but I poured it out. I'm so glad....that we all persevered and remained sober.
                      Great job, Liz.

Rednose, amazing! Congratulations to you!

Choices! How's the weather in Auckland?

Hey SF! Glad you could pop in.
                      I don't think you need to 'explain' yourself when you said that it's all about you. I honestly think that in sobriety it should be. I think we definitely need to focus on ourselves and nurture ourselves in our sobriety. So am glad to hear you are busy.
                      Definitely was *not* a hostile takeover, re: the cafe...named it after Cowboy himself. He was a very supportive person in my life in the beginning of my sobriety...and am grateful for him...and will always be grateful for him and how supportive he was/is. He never forgot about me. And I think that's why so many people feel so strongly for him...because he made you feel special.

I'm definitely not in charge of the thread. I am definitely trying to stick close....as the New Year will be tricky, not only for myself but for a lot of others as well. I am always in and out of here, try to avoid the drama....
                      I think of the forums as a huge, huge house....and the cafe is a comfy, cozy corner by a large window looking out onto the world, near a fireplace, with the best tea and chocolate...a warm blanket...a *new* warm blanket...(as I used to describe drinking that first drink as a large warm blanket that covers you away from the world)...the cafe doesn't keep you away from the world....but allows you to live through it, with your friends.

Anyways, gotta shut up now, I'm rambling. LOL.
                      Hope everyone had a wonderful day! I ate semi-healthy today. :P

Comment

Good morning! I'll have a cup and another 24 please.
                        Bri, I'm liking the jawbone. I'm having trouble getting the app to download my info. My son (our resident techie) says it's not the wifi it's the app! Not sure how to fix that. Anyway I got 8900 steps in yesterday and I exceeded my sleep goal by 50%:goodjob:
                        Have a good one guys, I'll check in later. Lucy needs to go out. . .

Comment

11:37 Auckland.. 24 more please.
                          AF January 7, 2018

Comment

9:00 am in New Jersey and I'd love another 24. Cup of coffee for me too please. I am headed into NYC today. Love the city around the holidays. Have a happy Monday!

Comment

6:55 am,another 24 and a blueberry muffin with some butter and a black coffee to go
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I would love another 24 with a short stack of blue berry pancakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X