~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

My goodness Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear that about your difficulties getting your xray read. I have been reading that medical clinics and hospitals have been struggling due to the madness of the covid shutdowns. It looks like you're suffering the consequences.

So many great posts here recently. I appreciate each and every one, even if I don't manage to respond to each and everyone. Thank you all!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Over an inch of rain so far and supposed to continue on and off all day today. No being lazy two days in a row though, going to slip out and do a couple of small jobs then be back in Veg in time for supper. I'm pretty lucky that most of my customers know about my seeding and harvest routine and are willing to wait till I get some downtime to get to them.

When I read this quote, I thought of all the times we slipped, and how it's important to not dwell on them, but dwell on all the days that we don't drink. And a great example of that is you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, I'm so sorry you hafta wait til July! I hope the supp I suggested helps, I still get a few pains when I take it but with that and only 1 ibuprofen if it's bad it seems to really work, I used to take Advil everyday now it's only once in awhile, QW, I know tomatoes are technically a fruit but my mind always says it's a vegetable haha, 5:52 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Cowboy. Not giving ourselves enough credit for our strength and success is far too common and can lead to depression and more substance abuse.

Jessie & I missed walking yesterday due to torrential rain. This morning we decided to walk anyway, in a lighter rain, and we’re glad we did.

Off to help Mrs QW plant some flowers.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Great quote cowboy. We need to concentrate on the days we don’t drink. Back in the day, going without a drink happened almost never and now its our new normal. We have all accomplished so much and need to realize that more often! Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

“You'll have good days, bad days, overwhelming days, too tired days, "I'm awesome" days, "I can't go on" days, and every day you'll still show up.” - Unknown

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I chose this mornings quote because it reminds me of everyone here, and how grateful I am that you've become part of my life!

Can't wait to see [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] back tomorrow!

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, didn’t you say just the other day that you missed the Likes/Thanks buttons? They’re back! Yay!

Jessie and I made up for not walking in the downpour Thursday by getting in two walks yesterday for a total of 10kms or over 6 miles. It’s looking like a good day for a meander so we’ll head out shortly.

Have a great af Saturday everyone. Stay safe & healthy.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; May 23, 2020, 08:11 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yep! Here we are still showing up. 😊

Hmmm I don't see the like buttons. I do check in on my phone tho. Maybe that's why.

My middle son came down with a fever Thursday. He and his wife have been working through all this biz with covid. He was tested yesterday and results should be back in 2-5 days. They are all quarantined. If it does come back negative, I won't believe the results. The tests aren't nearly reliable enough. Hes a healthy 40 year old so I'm praying he'll be fine and the others won't come down with it. Anyway.... send prayers, energy, thoughts, whatever your leaning is. I'd appreciate it!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Prayers coming your way, Ginger! I hope he's ok.

Yay for the like/thank buttons!

I don't know how I missed the memo that [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] was coming back, aside from hearing comments about it here in the café. I didn't know why that talk had bubbled up. But I'm pleased as punch about it!

Cowboy, thanks for the week of positive and inspirational quotes. I'm reporting for QD in the morning.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hope that your son tests negative for this nasty virus Ginger!

I tried to log on here earlier this morning, but the site was down for maintenance. Must be they were reinstalling the like buttons. Yay!

Yes, I am still riding Rava. All of the boarders have a time slot where we are allowed to ride. Not ideal, but better than not riding at all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Sunday’s quote:

“When thinking about life, remember this:
                              -NO amount of guilt can change the past
                              -NO amount of anxiety can change the future.”

I need to take this one to heart!
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I’m feeling more sane now finally, and ready to resume posting.

Talk about my return bubbled up, Dill, because Cowboy was kind enough to switch weeks with me for quotes. He did this past week for me, and I’m doing his week this week. Just to confuse you!! So save yours for the following week.

This scary pandemic really hits home with your son getting the flu, Ginger. I will hold out hope that it is just a regular strain of flu!

That’s a lot of walking, QW! It’s good for the soul to be outdoors taking in the natural surroundings though. I am enjoying finally having warm enough weather to get out on my bike some.

How is it being back to work, Pauly?

I got to go out clothes shopping yesterday! A shop opened up! With my mask on of course, and with extra precautions in the store.

Looking forward to breakfast in the cafe tomorrow! Today was an easy AF day.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X