No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Getting back to normal takes a bit. Little things like the dishwasher being on the opposite side of my condo dishwasher. Looking for cups, etc. Its like I have been gone forever. LOL. I was dreading coming back home but once I’m here I am very happy to be home. I forgot how much I love my home. So now I have a condo too. Its all good! Slo, I think I suffer from all of those traits you mentioned. And like you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I isolated to hide my addiction. Its hard to have a perfectionist personality and then mess it up being drunk so you hide it from everyone and pretend like you are normal. UGH. I hated that life. Jude, I understand your dilemma. Retirement took me down a few pegs as you have to admit to your mortality which is not easy. I’m sure in time you will make the decision that is right for you. I hope everyone has a good Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I have all 5 of those a huge control freak which is surprising for an alkie trait cuz you'd figure you'd always be in control of that, I think it's when I feel lack of control it tossed me off like when the shop/world shut down, it felt outta my hands and it was QW, you're absolutely right about just raising the cost and my owner did, by $5 so for him to expect us to charge people an extra 50 cents is just embarrassing and ridiculous, Jude, I know you love Homer but if it's scary to ride him now and you might retire and not be able to afford him there's nothing wrong with you finding him another owner, we had to do that over 7 years ago with an American Bulldog who was the love of our lives but my daughter was having her first baby and I didn't want all the fur allover, he had bit my brother before and hubs was lazy about taking him for walks, sometimes we love them but just can't keep them, Ginger glad your knee seems to be healing, how's son doing? 5:44 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep! I have three of those traits, sadly.

Today is one week since son came home with a fever and cough. Yesterday he said he felt perfectly fine. I'm hoping he's over the hump and his family stays well. I'm hoping all of us stay well, where ever we are!

Oh, Jude, I'm thinking about you and your decision about Homer. I gave up my horses years ago due to divorce. It was so hard to live without them but I moved on. Actually, that's what got me hiking. Thinking about you!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful sunny start to the day here. Might have to get the privacy screen stained today.

Slo, I had 3 of the traits mentioned in today’s quote.

Jude, I wish you well in decision regarding Homer. If I can make a suggestion, if you can wait a few months to decide what’s best for you and best for Homer, take that time. You may find you can manage financially. Retirement is a major change, take time to think about what you want to do and are capable of doing. Fear of falling again is something to keep in mind but if that’s the only negative, maybe the positives outweigh the risk.
            I’m reminded of Col. Potter in MASH saying that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man. I think in my case the same applies to Jessie. She’s non-judgemental, a great listener, a GREAT companion and friend plus she thinks I’m awesome! Well, the last is supposition on my part!

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe and healthy.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; May 28, 2020, 09:19 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I really fell into Perfectionism and People Pleasing as a child, as a way to cope with my family situation.
              My recently-deceased brother had fallen increasingly into Isolation especially (and increasing Low Self-Esteem as well), which impaired his mental health considerably.
              Anyhow, interesting list from someone who was just interviewed on the “Bubble Hour” podcast.

I am afraid of falling too, after three knee surgeries on the same injured knee, and surgery on a severely torn rotator cuff after two injuries to it; so I just don’t feel like taking unnecessary risks anymore as I head into old age.

Are you anxious to retire, Jude? Or do you derive enough satisfaction from your job and still have enough stamina to try to keep going, even until full retirement at age 66? That’s a factor to consider too. You work a pretty physical and also emotionally draining job though, so I can see where you might be worn out from it.

Another day of sobriety please!
              Last edited by Slo; May 28, 2020, 09:26 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Friday quote:

“People think intimacy is about sex. But intimacy is about truth. When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you can stand in front of them and their response is “you’re safe with me” -that’s intimacy.”

-Taylor Jenkins Reio
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! What a great way to describe intimacy! I have that feeling with my counselor. I have shared with him so many things, some pretty bad, yet he remains nonjudgmental. I really like him as a person, and he is helping me alot.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support regarding Homer. I have been thinking this over for the last couple of months, and it is a tough decision to make. I plan on retiring, but I can still work. I just can't earn over a certain amount of money while doing so. It isn't just the cost of keeping Homer that's the catalyst for my decision. I'm so worried about getting hurt again that it's overtaking the pleasure that I used to get from riding. I guess that I'm ready to take on safer activities, ones that I can do with Mr. J. I'm with you Ginger.....hiking might be the way to go!

Hello's to everyone in the cafe. It's a pleasure to be in such good company!I

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24,Ginger I'm glad your son is feeling better! Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF Friday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great example of intimacy, Slo.

Had a great trip back up to the area I raised my sons. So many great memories in those mountains. It was a great place to raise three rambunctious boys!!

Jude, I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you and hubby when it comes to your second act!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Very proud of my nephew who received his doctorate in physics from Harvard yesterday. Now he’s off to Princeton for 3 years and an expected teaching career following that.

Jude, whatever decision you make, it’ll be the right one. I’ve only ridden a horse a couple of times, once was a disaster the other enjoyable. As the Cafe knows, my 5 year old border collie is my best little buddy and constant companion.

A cloudy but mild start to the day when we walked at 6. Might have to freezer dive to find something to barbecue later on.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Stay well & safe.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, its a beautiful day here in Calgary. I am going out for BRUNCH! So excited.

Ginger, hope your son is doing well. xo

I like your suggestions QW- you have good business sense.

Don't drink today, its gross.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by narilly View Post

Don't drink today, its gross.
                              Good advice, Narilly! 24 for me, please.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Cafe!
                                Wishing everyone a nice 24 af hours!
                                I'm just at the end of mine and looking forward to a deep sleep..

Comment

Working...
                                X