~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Slo, thanks for a week of great quotes! Thanks for sharing about your cousin. I feel for her. She must feel like such a failure and she must feel so embarrassed and sad. I'm glad she reached out to you. I hope her situation improves. We all know the key to that and we all know how difficult it is to hold on to that key.

Ginger, speaking of knees, I think I mentioned to you that Mr. D is dealing with knee pain. The steroid shots quit working for the pain. His doc ordered an MRI and the results came back. They showed a torn meniscus and now he is scheduled for surgery in July. He has no idea how he did it!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful quotes last week Slo!
      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]..I'm still up in the air about selling Homer. The issues are both financial and the fear of falling off again. Tough decision, but I won't drink over it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], there's still Sunday morning breakfasts, and it's ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast Cowboy! Dill, sorry about your husbands knee and pending surgery. Ginger, glad your knee is getting better! Slo, glad you were able to listen to your cousin. We all know what she is feeling. Only she can pull herself out of the hole she is in. Hopefully she will do it soon. Jude, hope you will make a decision about your horse that you feel good about. It would be great if you could re home him with a friend or somewhere close where you could still see him. Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Great quote, Dill. That's one of my favs. Sorry to hear about your hubby. Isn't it odd that he has an injury like that and doesn't remember how he hurt it? I guess that happens more often at our ages.

Speaking of age.... my hubs turns 70 today. Now how the hell did that happen?

Yummy Sunday brekkie, ABC. Thanks for keeping us fed☺

Slo, sorry to hear about your cousin. She's lucky to have you for support and a shoulder. Your example may be just what she needs to motivate her back to an AF life.

We had a huge storm last night. The wind blew so hard it actually tossed our heavy wood Adirondack chairs like they were nothing! Power went out around the town we look out at from our home. Eerie!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Jeez Ginger for a storm to toss a wood Adirondack chair is super strong gusts! We have one that I can barely push around, happy birthday to your hubs Slo, glad your cousin can reach out to you but as someone said she has to make that decision, I didn't want to be drunk Nan either, I came to mwo when my daughter was pregnant with Lou yet look how long it's taken me! I'd have loved to have quit back then and have better memories of his first year QW, my shop used to be SO MUCH fun, it was like not even working it was just such a blast but after years and staff change it's just become a depressing morgue haha, I still try to be upbeat but when everyone else around is a drag it defo drags down your mojo too, these rioters around the country are freaking me out too! All this during a pandemic and they're probably out there being exposed plus burdening the economy and police force even more, very unsettling, I get why they're upset but come on, 6:12 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone enjoys their day AF
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the great quotes last week Slo. And today’s is spot on.

Yes LC, my little buddy and I are walking 8-10kms a day, split between morning and afternoon. After we come home she sleeps and sleeps, very unusual for a 5 year old border collie. But, if I got her leash off the hook, she’d race to the door and be ready to go again.

Great brekkie Cowboy! Thanks!!

We had a major thunderstorm at 3 this morning, lots of wind, heavy rain & hail. And the water was beaded up on the freshly stained fence, as it should.

Have a great af Sunday. Stay safe & healthy.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:20 in Calgary, rainy day today.

That breakfast was amazing Cowboy.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Café!
                      Delicious breakfast yesterday, AB! So happy that's still going on. Consistency! Dependability!:happy2:
                      QW, that's a good amount of mileage you get each day.. good for you! I just began running again and it's doing me a world of good.
                      Thanks for the great quote, Dill..
                      I'm in for another 24 af hours. We've got a bank holiday here in Germany. Pentacostal Monday. Go figure!
                      Wishing everyone a nice day..

Comment

Loved the breakfast yesterday cowboy! Thank you!

I would love to be sitting on the porch this morning, but at 44° it's a tad chilly for me!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Don't believe everything you think.

I came across this quote in a book I was reading and really liked it. It's so short but to me, powerful. It can be applied across the board, but for us it can mean just because you think you need a drink, it doesn't mean it is so!

Thanks for the great breakfast yesterday, Cowboy. Did you get your last 10% done yesterday?

Pauly, the violence and mayhem being unleashed in the our country is frightening. I feel badly for all the business owners who managed to make it through covid only to be faced with looting and destruction of property. To what possible good purpose? I hope you are in a safe area. All 3 major cities in Ohio are caught up in it. I am grateful I live well away from them.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We're down to 175 acres left, not quite a full day of seeding, but the heavens opened up late yesterday with a torrential downpour! Thunder, lightning, high winds, the whole shebang! So we're shutdown once again. I'm not even sure the farm boss will need me back or just finish up himself, will know later today when I talk to him.

Bubba and Hank were here in Vermilion when I got home last night! She has to work at the Mental Health Unit today, so I get to spend the day with Hank, and the clothes washer lol.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas another 24,Dill, I'm in a safer part of town but my shop is close to the strip where they're doing the protests, hope they don't start doing them during the day I'll zoom straight outta there! Someone caught a cop car on fire here over the weekend, I just gotta ask how does that serve the memory of George Floyd? I can see candle light vigils(which they shouldn't be doing anyways cuz there's still a killer virus on the loose) but all the mayhem?? It really gives the stereotype they're trying to avoid be more reinforced, I dunno I've lived in Vegas for long so I'm beyond seeing color of skin anymore, people are people regardless of skin color, I look at how a person acts, puts themselves together and how they treat other people, I'm a very sad Pauly with what's going on
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X