~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Overwhelmed by the world right now, but my sobriety is keeping me sane!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Failure is the highway to success.
      - unknown

Short but sweet quote today and given my history, this one is pretty much my mantra!

Jude, I hear you! Hang in there and look for the positive things. They are still all around us if we let ourselves see them.

I had a restorative day yesterday. My son and grandkids came over for a bbq. We had such a nice day weather-wise that we were able to be outside all afternoon and into the evening. It was so great to see them! This separation is really hard on people and damaging to our health. My grandson has actually grown taller than me during this past 3 months! I feel like I am missing out on so much with them. My granddaughter is growing as well and yesterday she swam in the pond and did so well it was hard to pick her out from the the fish!

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; June 3, 2020, 05:25 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. With all thats going on , I went off the grid for a few days and stopped getting on the computer. I’m just checking into say hi and hope everyone is doing well with all thats going on in this world. Stay well mentally and physically my friends. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Smart idea Rava, I'm too nosey to stay off the internet or skip watching the news, Dill, glad you got to see your family 5:40 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love that quote, Dill. So true for me too. The trick, stay on the path no matter what.

Congrats on your daughters ceremony, LC!

We are just finishing up our 14 day quarantine from my son and family. He goes back to work today, his wife Friday. We are seeing the grandsons today. Yay!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful sunny start to the day when we walked at 6:30.

It can be tough to find good news these days but LC, your daughter’s ceremony this evening is proof there are still nice things happening, we just have to look for them.

My long hair is gone. This morning I almost lost my hat in a breeze because it fits much looser than it did.

Off to see my chiropractor in a few minutes for a much needed adjustment.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. Stay safe & well.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I’m watching (on Netflix; re-runs) “Call the Midwife” right now. Love that show!

I have been getting out for a bike ride every single morning for at least a week & a half -that’s how well the weather has been cooperating! It has been glorious with the Spring scents like lilacs and dogwood blossoms.

I love the lyrics you posted from that great Christmas hymn, Dill!
                  It sounded like a very restorative day with your family by the pond, especially after missing them for so long.

What a surprise that your eldest daughter is suddenly getting married, LC! Hope all went well with the ceremony tonight.

Like Rava is now doing, I try to watch the minimal amount of news needed to stay informed.

Hope you had good weather for the last of the seeding, Cowboy!

Another sober day please.
                  Last edited by Slo; June 3, 2020, 08:47 PM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Glad that you had a nice get together with your family dill. So good for the soul!

I have an appointment to get my hair cut next week, and I am sooo looking forward to it! There is a lot that we took for granted before the corona virus hit, and it's a good reminder to be grateful for the little things in life.

I'm on the back porch, and as I write this, the coyotes are howling up a storm. I will never take my little slice of heaven for granted!

I've recently taken up drawing again, something that I used to enjoy, but the drinking took that away from me. It feels so good to lose myself for an hour with a blank piece of paper and a pencil. It's the kind of escape that I got from drinking, yet it's so much more rewarding and hangover free to boot!

Treat yourself kindly my friends!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

There's no such thing as a small act of kindness.
                      - Scott Adams

Jude, what a great idea to pick up your old pastime of drawing. I too used to draw and wonder if I could even revive the skill at this point! Drinking sure stole a lot from us and all the while we thought we were really enjoying ourselves. I wonder at it sometimes, just how crazy the whole thing is.

Slo, I used to watch the Midwife. Great show! I guess your knee is loads better if you are able to enjoy biking again. That's great!

Rava, I wondered where you had got off to. I can understand unplugging for a few days. I have been staing away from TV a lot more lately and my mood has improved exponentially. And even logging on to the computer can be upsetting as I have my home page set to one that pops up 'news' stories which I am now beginning to view as propaganda. Everyone seems to be trying to confuse and anger the people these days. I won't fall for it anymore.

Today's quote is from the creator of Dilbert, one of my favorite comics. Are any of you familiar with it?

Let's have a great 24 hours of freedom everyone.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote Dill. We all need more kindness in this world. Between the Covid and the riots, I’m done for a while. Can’t focus too much on all the sadness with the world and we all have our family issues and personal problems to add to the world problems. So I color and ride my bike. Had the grandkids yesterday so we definitely enjoyed ourselves with them, although they are exhausting. We are going to look at a small house for sale today with a realtor. Just weighing our options about downsizing. Not ready to actually do it but want to stay informed. Plus this keeps me grounded for now. Hope everyone has a good day! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; June 4, 2020, 06:35 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that quote, Dill. Love the Dilbert comics too.

Slo, glad you're knee is letting you ride. My knee continues to improve, thankfully! Planning a hike with today with the g-sons.

24 more, please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Dill from one of my favourite writers, Scott Adams. When I set up my consulting business, I taught some management courses and often included Dilbert and the Pointy Haired Boss in the material. I wrote Scott Adams to say thanks for writing Dilbert and he replied the very next day! He wished me continued success in my new business and congratulated me on my escape from the corporate world. He and I could have worked for some of the same companies!

We’re meeting our daughter in law and grandkids today. It’s been 3 weeks since we had a visit in person and while it’s better than a Skype visit, social distancing doesn’t make up for not having a hug,

LC, look forward to hearing how the ceremony went.

Have a great af Thursday everyone, stay safe & healthy.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X