~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great to see you in the Cafe Lifechange! Don’t be a stranger!!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Saturday’s quote:

“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and “Snap!” -the job’s a game!“

-“Spoonful of Sugar” song from “Mary Poppins”
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe,
        It's all in the mindset, isn't it Slo? I love Mary Poppins and watched it so often with young girls.
        Up with the birds and off for a walk after my coffee.
        I'm in for another 24 hours.. wishing everyone a lovely Saturday.

Comment

Great to see you back LC!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Welcome back, LC!

24 more hours for me please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and welcome back LC. Hope everyone has a great day. Jude, it sounds like you are closer to making a decision. Good luck! Ginger hows that knee doing? QW, it sounds like you have one smart nephew!!! The states are starting to slowly open up again and it feels good. I will take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

LC, so good to see you back in the cafe!

My knee is better, I think. Still can't hike uneven ground but level walking around 2 miles is doable.

We are still having over 100 new cases of Covid19 a day. Not sure when we will start to take this serious so we can get back to the "new" normal. My son feels fine now so he believes it's all hype and is upset with me for asking him to get tested. Ugh! Covidiot comes to mind, QW.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, I like that quote. It applies to everything in life, not just jobs, eh? I try to find fun in most things and if I can’t I try to make it. I used to keep a loaded super soaker in my office. It started after I was ambushed by the kids of one of my co-workers who had water pistols and I was unprepared. Next time they tried to ambush me, were they ever surprised! As I’ve often said, If you can’t have fun at work, what the hell are you doing there?

Ginger, this virus seems to show many different symptoms. Or none at all. I think people can be lured into a false sense of security and diligence is going to be needed for a long time yet. Hopefully your son realizes that you were and are just looking out for him, something parents do.
                      Glad your knee is allowing for pain free walks!

Sunny & hot here today. I like central air!

Have a great af Saturday everyone, stay safe & well.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; May 30, 2020, 09:02 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

We used to try to make things fun by drinking; now we need to find other ways!

You found a fun way, and at work even, QW!
                        Congratulations to your nephew on all his hard work & achievements.

I’m so glad your knee is healing, Ginger. I tried to go my pain medicine for my knee yesterday; Ouch! Not ready for that yet.

My cousin texted the other day, “Not doing well”. Unusual as we’re not close. So we talked on the phone, and she cried & cried because she can’t kick her alcohol addiction. She made it three weeks again, but then had 3 hours of counseling and one hour of church all in one day, in an effort to heal herself. (Too much in one day, if you ask me!) That destabilized her and she relapsed, and so her 14y/o daughter left and went to her dad’s house. (They separated over the addiction.)
                        And my cousin has her first grandchild coming this Summer, and doesn’t want to be a drunk grandma. I understand both of those concerns!! Plus she has another year before she can get her driver’s license back.
                        It makes me so grateful that I finally got out of the alcohol trap, and as long as I never pick up another drink, I never have to go back to alco-hell!

Another 24 hours for me please.
                        Last edited by Slo; May 30, 2020, 09:50 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo, not drinking can be fun, driving past the liquor store without stopping is fun and both are good substitutes for the fun we thought we had drinking.

Sorry your cousin is having a hard time getting and staying sober. We know how tough it is. Has she checked out MWO? I don’t think I’d be a non-drinker if it weren’t for this site and many of the fine people on here.

I said to Mrs QW this morning that I had a bad case of the feckits yesterday and I’m somewhere around 460 days af. Shows how strong the beast is and how vigilant we need to be.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Even though I haven’t commented, great quotes this week [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! They were very much appreciated!

I’m thinking you remember it’s your turn for QD starting tomorrow [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]?

I’m not sure what I would do regarding Homer if I was in your shoes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I know when Bubba and I sold off our horses it was strictly a financial decision. But if you’re leary about riding him, that might be the mitigating factor.

I feel for your cousin [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], but I guess we were all in her shoes at one (or maybe two or three) point in our lives. Maybe this is the extra push she needs to find long term sobriety…

Fields are drying up enough that getting stuck isn’t too much of an issue, but going round and round the water holes sure gets frustrating! We are at about 90% complete, so if the weather holds, we should finish up Monday!!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And one more very important thing, it’s great to have you back in the Cafe [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good Morning Café!
                                Slo, I really feel for your cousin. It's great that she felt she could reach out to you. Even if you're not close, you're family and it sounds like she was feeling quite desperate.. I guess she knows a bit about your history? I hope she'll find her way out.

It's a breezy, cool morning here and I'm getting up the energy to go out for a nice walk/run.
                                QW, are you still out for your daily long walks with your little buddy?

Does the café still have a Sunday breakfast?:happy2:

I'm signing up for another 24 af hours.. Wishing you all a good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X