No announcement yet.

Time to Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I quit drinking I soon stopped finding myself up fretting in the middle of the night. So I'm betting you have that to look forward to if and when you do take the plunge into the calm waters of sobriety! 😀

Comment

Pleased with another night of sticking to 1 bottle of wine (although was strong 14.5 per cent), I have been having 2 bottles and more at weekend. Feeling loads better ready already. Feel like I can do this.

Comment

Last night I was rubbish :cuss: I had some good news and felt I needed to celebrate it. Put it behind me. Planning on a no wine weekend.

Comment

Hi there Shadow. One of the things for those of us who choose to be sober is that we decide that we dont need AL to be our buddy when we celebrate, commiserate, socialize, get angry, sad, watch TV, enjoy a sunset, keep warm in winter, get intimate with someone, relax in the bath etc. These are all things that millions of people do all over the world (well mostly) without AL. Sure, our social conditioning and habits have shown us otherwise -but it doesn't have to be this way. It seems like it does but the occasion, moment or feelings itself are what it is about. Others may drink but thats their choice or their addiction.
          It takes time to get this way of seeing AL as an annoying and unnecessary addition to our lives - and remember most of us here on MWO are addicted.
          It might seem like a struggle but IMO once you let go and accept your addiction and dont see it as a battle or a struggle it really helps. You arent powerless in any of this. But we need help and extra support (for some medication) to get to this shift in thinking.
          Keep at it.

Comment

I did it. Last night one bottle of fruit cider. That's so bit a drink. Raring to go this morning.

Comment

Good on you Shadow. It will get easier and have a great day. Just post here before you get the urge to drink.

Comment

Well I did well last night. One bottle of fruit cider. Today weather is great .n sitting in garden drinking wine. 2 bottles then will stop. This might sound bad but this weekend, I've so cut down on what I would normally have. I'm doing it xx

Comment

Hey Shadow, how's it going today? I hope you are well

Comment

Hi action girl. I'm good thanks. Planning an AF day today. I can do this.

Comment

Yes you can do this. Be well.

Comment

7 days AF!! OMG. I have enforced this by going to a retreat for one week. Drinking fresh juice only all week and no alcohol. No withdrawal symptoms. I go home today. I need to adapt to this new life of moderation. At least I know I can stop. It's just stopping that the problem.

Comment

Great work on 7 days af Shadow. If you have 7 days you have done the worst and your body is now healing. My feelings are that for an alcoholic moderation is not really possible. The only one stopping you from stopping is yourself. I knew that i had to be accountable for not drinking and take on strategies that worked for me so i didnt go to the bottle. You will feel amazing every day. I have my childrens friends over drinking at the moment and as much as i would like that "one", i cant. But i am happy with my coffee and everyone knows i cannot have one. Its funny as they apologise for drinking in front of me and this is 2 and a half years of being sober.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                          X