22 june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 june

mornin all...how are we today then?havent a clue what is happening with the site,seems like people thinking talkin about amalgamatin threadz,the site goin bust,people moving to new sites...time for a brew and see what actually does happen..in the meantime business as yoosual.

hiya byrdie,9 hours in the car?think mebbe yours needs a conversion...like an automatic driver or something!!then you could have a sleep on the way!!well done on your presentation..

Det..what have you been told about playing with knives???????stick to colouring in ..the most damage you can do is go over the lines!!!that photography sounds a good move...is there a chance you can do it on a more permanent basis?yep those conversions do turn out pretty well..looking forward to it...the conversion is only the basic for me...then its putting in your own personal touches to it...

hiya ppqp..hows you today then?the broccoli cheese soup sounds good to me...who are your favorite authors? hows the hand btw..?you still very attached to it?have a great evening....

hiya Lav..oh well no more mornin brews then?hows you doing ?all good ?soo what projects have you got lined up for the merrie gang?chicken shed door now done ..whats next?I grew pak choi this year for the first time and it has gone mad..got my first tomatoes on the plants too..looks like a lot of this will be on the go while I am away...have a great day...

hiya pauly ..hows you today then?glad the boogs is on the mend...might hafta move mine....it gets really hot in that sun room and where it is ,it gets the full hit of the sun..and Im away for 17 days yep my mate is going to come and water them but cant expect him to babysit it!!hope kell gets the dosh sorted out pretty quick..like you Im just gonna wait and see what happens..Im sure I can find something to do..have a good one...

hey Sam the man hows you today mate all good I hope...still in the wild yonder? have a good one ...

right peeps ..off we go ..have a good one...

Two Marines boarded a quick shuttle flight out of Dallas, headed for Houston. One sat in the window seat, the other sat in the middle seat. Just before take-off, an Army soldier got on and took the aisle seat next to the two Marines. The Soldier kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Marine in the window seat said, "I think I'll get up and get a coke." "No problem," said the Soldier, "I'll get it for you." While he was gone, the Marine picked up the Soldier's shoe and spit in it. When the Soldier returned with the coke, the Marine in the middle seat said, "That looks good, I think I'll have one too." Again, the Soldier obligingly went to fetch it and while he was gone, the Marine picked up the soldier's other shoe and spit in it. The Soldier returned and they all sat back and enjoyed the rest of the short flight to Houston. As the plane was landing, the Soldier slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. "How long must this go on?" the Soldier asked. "This fighting between our services? This hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and peeing in cokes?"

guess who trumped??

13495074_10208746349963586_8151672562709899807_n.jpg

13495013_1716565475227581_3909831515221295491_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the much needed brew, Mick. Not out in the wild till this weekend. Gotta let the body recoup. I was about as sore as I've been in a long while. Even though the mountains around here aren't that tall, there's a few that can brag steep. However we did find out there's a road that goes to the top so this weekend I'll pack up the 4 wheeler and carry stuff up.
    here's where I've spent the last couple of weekends:

IMG_1900.jpg

tooones last night, I needed that. all work and no play, etc, etc.

off to a class for soil work today. Cure for insomnia I bet

Byrdie, you need one of those new fangled cars that drive themselves. good deal on landing a job so quickly!
    Lav, chicks are cute! Older chickens getting nervous yet?
    Det, so glad you're doing the photography. The pics you post are great. watch running with scissors and playing with knives.
    PQ, hand doing better? You burn both of them? Careful of infection!
    Hey Pauly, how goes the war on tobacco? I've noticed my wife is starting an "occasional puff" again. I hope against hope it is a passing thing.

Off to it friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,I think most of the problem with the site is that people just aren't posting! Its not like we had some forum leader here everyday who up and left his post,its been us all along keeping it alive and that means everybody,sheesh,even a quick hello is still a darn post! I'm not giving up on this place, I'll be here posting to myself and if it does happen to shut down then I'll figure something else out,there's still newbies coming aboard,how do you think they feel when they read MWO is struggling and we don't even know if it is? Its gotten stale cuz people aren't posting bottom line,anyhoo,Mick,if you're gonna move the bougie should do it now so you can get it settled before you leave, uprooting plants is a pain,Sam,still,under 5 a day but it is hard,hope your wife puts them down,she had been quit for a good while,Kell keeps texting the stupid lady and this chick is STILL giving her the run.around,too busy to check her mail,not going out in the heat right now,etc,jjust dumb excuses cuz the mailbox is right there! What an asshole,much love to all,hope we all have a wonderful Wednesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....somebody sent me the gift of the sleep fairy last night. Whoever you were thank you, thank you, much appreciated.

Mick...thanks for the start and the coffee. Enjoying it without actually needing it. LOL See you've got a mate dealing with the watering but what do you do with the rabbits. Bye the way how long have you had Jeeves? I'm into Nora Roberts, Iris Johansen, Lisa Jackson....stories like that. Those are my escape books but now I'm off to get the self help books that were mentioned.

Sam...glad you got some tunes in. Balance. Liked the pic but the only thing I've ever done in that kind of terrain is horseback ride. Was sore in different places than you I suspect. Just a few spot burns on the left hand which is good as I'm right handed.

Well I've booked the afternoon off. The Ladies Bridge group is having their wind up lunch today and I've been invited. :yay:
        Looking forward to the salmon and playing cards. Have a Wonderful Wednesday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Pauly....Well that certainly is a pile of crap that Kelly's dealing with. She should ask the boss to put a stop payment on it and issue her another one. Or send a police officer to her door. Hope your day is good.
        Last edited by porqoui; June 22, 2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
          Mae everybody,I think most of the problem with the site is that people just aren't posting! Its not like we had some forum leader here everyday who up and left his post,its been us all along keeping it alive and that means everybody,sheesh,even a quick hello is still a darn post! I'm not giving up on this place, I'll be here posting to myself and if it does happen to shut down then I'll figure something else out,there's still newbies coming aboard,how do you think they feel when they read MWO is struggling and we don't even know if it is? Its gotten stale cuz people aren't posting bottom line,anyhoo,Mick,if you're gonna move the bougie should do it now so you can get it settled before you leave, uprooting plants is a pain,Sam,still,under 5 a day but it is hard,hope your wife puts them down,she had been quit for a good while,Kell keeps texting the stupid lady and this chick is STILL giving her the run.around,too busy to check her mail,not going out in the heat right now,etc,jjust dumb excuses cuz the mailbox is right there! What an asshole,much love to all,hope we all have a wonderful Wednesday
          hiya pauly ..plant is now moved ..its in a pot on its ownsome,...thats pretty rubbish about kells money..can she not as ppqp says stop the cheque and reissue?got to agree with you re this site...it has looked after itself for some time now and,was to all effect self perpetuating...that doesnt seem to be the case anymore,to the extent I am now at the point of questioning why I do bother at all now...Im not so sure I buy the story that all these views to the threads are bots or whatever it is..we shall see

ppqp..had Jeeves since the 23rd April..never had salmon and playing cards ...scrambled eggs, broccoli but playing cards is a new one!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers

We actually have a decent sunny day here, not humid with a nice breeze.
            I've been out & about doing things. Just made a trip to the vet office for some meds for my older dog. That set me back $100, geez.

Mick, I'd be happy to look after your garden while you're away but the commute would be a killer, ha ha!
            I'm not going to worry ahead about the future of this website. Maybe it will survive, maybe it won't but I will continue to check in while it's still here

Sam, that looks like a pretty steep slope to me especially when you're lugging all the gear. Your muscles are thanking you for the good stretch, ha ha!
            My older chickens have no idea how lucky they are to stll be here. The Original plan was to retire them long before the new kids arrived but things came up so they're still here.

Pauly, it's a shame your daughter has to put up with juvenile behavior like that at work. Some people are just real a$$holes. Don't get yourself upset over all this, Kell will work it out.

PQ! Lady of leisure this afternoon - good for you!
            Glad you had a decent sleep. Sleep makes everything better.

Greetings to Pie, Det & anyone else checking in.
            Have a great AF rest of the day.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kell,got her check!!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hidy hidy ho ABerooonies!

another hot one here in the high desert. Putzing around in the garage and noticed I was getting a bit woozy so back into the AC for a bit.

Mick, playing with knives and running with scissors are the things I do best! considering how much knife-work and knife-sharpening I do it's a wonder I'm not always leaking....

Sam, what a magnificent work environment! that beats the heck out of a cubicle any day. I really miss the forest. I've made my peace with the desert but I truly miss a real forest. I have a hunting trip on the docket for lat Oct in Idaho way up in the mountains so that will be just the ticket.

Pauly, your shoes melted off yet? I had a pair of shoes start to melt in Oz one very hot summer. Kind of creepy.

In years past the hot months made me think of a cold brewskie but the thought is really unappealing to me I'm happy to observe. It would just make me more thirsty and lead to the inevitable spiral into darkness. ick!

off to water my 3 surviving tomatoes and 1 hot pepper....

be well everyone and those to come
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,we may think of the cold brewskie but remember the HOT detox,no freakin way!

Comment

Working...
                  X