Binge drinking during first month of pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binge drinking during first month of pregnancy

I have seen a few other threads from years ago, so I thought I'd start a new one. I am currently 5+4 and found out I was pregnant on 5+1. If my calculations are correct, I binge drank almost every day during the first two weeks post-fertilization. During the third week post-fertilization, I primarily abstained, but there were two days over the weekend between my third and fourth weeks post-fertilization where I binge drank (one of those days included and entire bottle of wine plus some). These two episodes worry the most as they are during a critical time in development. I was hoping to get stories from any of you who have or had the same experience and how it all turned out. I have read some other forums, but typically women discuss how they had one or two days where they drank a few glasses of wine, which is very different from my case. Please, even if you have a negative story, do not hesitate to talk about it. I am trying to get information from all sides.

Also, I quit drinking the moment I found out and have no intention of drinking any more throughout the pregnancy.

Hey Ree,
    Sorry I just read this. I drank the same at the very beginning (I was probably 4 to 5 weeks pregnant) of my pregnancy and then stopped as soon as I found out I was pregnant. My kids are fine. The doctor told me that it would not make a difference and the baby would be fine.
    Just don't drink anymore during your pregnancy and I am sure it will be ok.
    Enjoy your pregnancy
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Re: Binge drinking during first month of pregnancy

From a study of pregnant women drinking-

Binge drinking was uncommon, but measurable: Seven percent of the women using alcohol reported one or more binge drinking episodes during their pregnancy.

Thirteen percent of all women — whether or not they used alcohol during pregnancy — scored two or higher on the TWEAK scale of drinking behavior. But the proportion was higher among alcohol-using women, at 19 percent of the low-risk group and 29 percent of the high-risk group.

Just realized this post is a bit old...so congrats on your child.

Comment

Working...
      X