No announcement yet.

Six and a half years later ~ A long time coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ktab, you can do this. We all have to keep fighting the fight against al and help each other. No one understands us alkies except a fellow one. x
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Alcohol Freedom is a great concept. I'm SO grateful that I don't have to drink any more.

Some of us are slow learners, including me. But it is great to be on the other side now, loving my new life. I could regret all the time I spent drinking instead of doing constructive things, but what's the point? Learn from the past, but keep moving forward.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi tabbers,
        Im glad you posted - a grim determination not to die is all you need taking your first steps again & the rest will follow x I know I am too long in the tooth with alcoholism & my journey to feel the same enthusiasm as I did with my first quit. I am choosing to view this as a positive, as hopefully I've learned from my relapses & perhaps with a more realistic approach, they will add to a stronger quit long term x
        I wish you well in your AF journey & your welcome to join in at 'the nest' - I've found it a really great support since returning to MWOF, Good luck xx
        LS
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wildflower.
        Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
        And eternity in an hour.

Comment

You will get this, KTab!

I'm with Sunbeam and others - so grateful I don't drink. You'll get there, and you have this posse with you.

Go!
          Pav

Comment

Tabs...good luck to you..you have the support of everyone here,you can do it..the day will come when you dont need or want booze in your life,but as you know it doesnt come gift wrapped you gotta be determined,committed ,understand the problems you may face and how to overcome them...but that is not insurmountable...the proof is the number of people who are here..Life aint a rehearsal..that curtain comes down it doesnt go back up....so enjoy your life ...enjoy the challenge of doing this because you can and will. there are loads of people you can get in touch with...add me too mate
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Week 2

So I awake after a good nights' undisturbed sleep with a clear head and even clearer goals. Coming here and seeing even more posts of support is amazing. I feel like right now like I have been given another chance at life, one where AL just doesn't even register, and for this I am eternally grateful.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Tabbers, it took me a long time till the penny finally dropped - til I finally said, enough is enough. Strangely enough, counting days was one of the things that I really liked about my quit. I had always scoffed at it before, thinking that it was nonsense but when, at six days I realized that the next day was one week and then I was into the double digits, then two weeks and in no time 30 days - the one-month mark - I really loved watching that number get bigger and bigger. And yes, waking up with a clear head and that feeling of having been given another chance is priceless. That, my friend, is what sobriety is all about - being able to turn things around and make a new start. Onwards and upwards!!!
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Tabbers-
                  If the thought of never drinking again becomes overwhelming, think of all the positive "nevers". You will never have another hangover, you will never wake full of shame and guilt, you will never again waste money on a poison, and you will never, ever regret the decision you have made to stop drinking. You are saving your life. It is soooo worth it.

Comment

How's it going today Tabbers?
                    Like many others it took me years to quit drinking and make my peace with AL. That's the past. I still have to be vigilant and that's why MWO is great support.
                    You can do this. Bit by bit. Don't feel overwhelmed - that's what AL does to us. We are more intelligent than that.

Comment

Hey KTab, good to see you again & wishing you the very best!
                      The freedom of not having to drink is wonderful & something you will want to protect always.
                      Stay with us, we can do this together!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

How doing you ktab?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

Comment

I came across this, which for me goes close to explaining how I was feeling in the cold light of day looking out at a grey world and wanting the drinking to stop, in a word LOST:

"Silence emerges from the sound of rain and spreads in a crescendo of gray monotony over the narrow street I contemplate. I’m sleeping while awake, standing by the window, leaning against it as against everything. I search in myself for the sensations I feel before these falling threads of darkly luminous water that stand out from the grimy building facades and especially from the open windows. And I don’t know what I feel or what I want to feel. I don’t know what to think or where I am."

Fernando Pessoa
                            Born: June 13, 1888
                            Died: November 30, 1935

Comment

Hi Ktab, Ironic, that first I sought numbness, then became imprisoned by it. Hope you're feeling well.

Comment

Hi Ktab,
                                I'm so sorry you felt that way :hug: I hope you are feeling better now x
                                LS
                                To see a world in a grain of sand
                                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X