Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paulysville

January=0 drink days
    Day 200+ I'm only loosely counting, ask me my quit date exactly and I don't know, I only know I'm that many days sober cuz I'm on MyFitnessPal and they keep track of how many days I've logged in, thought I would feel much better by now but very lethargic, seems like my iron is way low after a blood test I demanded they take! Back to the docs next Tuesday, see what else is up.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

WHOOT, Pauly!

I think you should pick a quit date so we can CELEBRATE 365!

I'm sorry about your iron. I guess it is common in women. If that is it, the good news is that you'll feel better when you get that number up.

xo
      Pav

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
        January=0 drink days
        Day 200+ I'm only loosely counting, ask me my quit date exactly and I don't know, I only know I'm that many days sober cuz I'm on MyFitnessPal and they keep track of how many days I've logged in, thought I would feel much better by now but very lethargic, seems like my iron is way low after a blood test I demanded they take! Back to the docs next Tuesday, see what else is up.
        Oh Pauly -- how fantastic woman!!!! I agree with Pav --- pick a probable quit date and put it in your signature -- I love my signature - it's a little reminder of how great we all are!!!!

I'm a bit of a broken record on this - but be sure and have your B12 checked too -- I was about 9 months sober and I was flattened - - absolutely exhausted and also sort of a bit absent-minded... just not as clear headed as I thought I should be -- and the exhaustion was mighty -- my B12 was shocking low and apparently that's really common in peeps like us (fond of the aul jar!!!) and I couldn't believe the difference it made when I had taken about 3 months of a very high prescribed dose.. just a thought --- well done!!!
        Last edited by mollyka; February 5, 2020, 01:08 PM.
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

January=0 drink days
          February=0 drink days
          March=4 drink days, I went a bit crazy with all this coronaviris news and when my shop closed I felt sad and lost still feel sad and lost but I seen what drinking does to me even after 8 months off= not a pretty picture and my tolerance didn't lower one bit I was drinking as much as when I left off, was depressed, grumpy and tired wow sounds exciting, NOT!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

These are terrible times. We will get through this though. We are strong! YOU are strong.

Comment

January=0 drink days
              February=0 drink days
              March=4 drink days, I went a bit crazy with all this coronaviris news and when my shop closed I felt sad and lost still feel sad and lost but I seen what drinking does to me even after 8 months off= not a pretty picture and my tolerance didn't lower one bit I was drinking as much as when I left off, was depressed, grumpy and tired wow sounds exciting, NOT!
              Hi Pauly - like Ginger says these are really hard times - and c'mere-- one of the sayings in AA is 'progress not perfection' - it's not a free card to drink - but shit - which of us is perfect? You have been and ARE doing great - and your disgust at the aftermath - - part of our learning curve isn't it!?
              I said today on another thread - to be gentle -- and that's not just to others -- it's also to ourselves --- we ARE doing our best - our grandchildrens children will look back in 100 years at this the way we look back at the flu epidemic of 1918 and wonder how the hell we got through it physically and mentally intact --- AND WE WILL -- ok Pauly -- WE WILL!!!!!
              Molly xxxxx
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] - what the others said. Be gentle on yourself. We need to take care of ourselves first in order to take care of others and I know that there are a lot of people YOU take care of. So, give yourself a big hug and a pat on the back. We will get through this. You've gone through so much over the past couple of years and have come out on top. The same goes for now!!!
                Last edited by stirly-girly; April 3, 2020, 06:22 AM.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Just here for your cheering squad, Pauly. :sohappy:

Take care of yourself - progress not perfection. Stay strong, friend.

xo
                  Pav

Comment

January=0 drink days
                    February=0 drink days
                    March=4 drink days
                    April=0 drink days
                    May=0 drink days
                    What a mess, finally get things going as far as c-vid lockdown and now these people are all going bananas!! Killing cops, killing each other, catching shit on fire, stealing shit they don't need, I'm disgusted with it all but not even considering drinking vomit inducing poison known as alcohol (barf emoji)

Comment

January=0 drink days
                      February=0 drink days
                      March=4 drink days
                      April=0 drink days
                      May=0 drink days
                      What a mess, finally get things going as far as c-vid lockdown and now these people are all going bananas!! Killing cops, killing each other, catching shit on fire, stealing shit they don't need, I'm disgusted with it all but not even considering drinking vomit inducing poison known as alcohol (barf emoji)
                      Hi Pauly! I know it's hard with all that's going on around you but you have the right attitude girl!! Hoping you and your family stay safe in all this turmoil.
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

January=0 drinkin days
                        February=0 drinkin days
                        March=4 drinkin days
                        April=0 drinkin days
                        May=0 drinkin days
                        June=0 drinkin days
                        Still just dealing with the craziness of this life, I'm sad, unsure about the future, unsure about that virus, etc. Everyone on the news blames reopening but I beg to differ and think it was the protesters! Nobody wants to mention that elephant in the room cuz I think they feel it would be politically incorrect but come on, the surge wasn't caused cuz people went back to work, ate at their favorite restaurant, went to their favorite shops give me a break! I'm irritated with everything.

Comment

January=0 drinkin days
                          February=0 drinkin days
                          March=4 drinkin days (covid blues)
                          April=0 drinkin days
                          May=0 drinkin days
                          June=0 drinkin days
                          July=0 drinkin days
                          Woulda had a year sober in July if not for my 4 day bender in March, kinda pisses me off that I let the city locking down freak me out so bad, I just felt helpless, clueless about everything and just didn't wanna feel the feels, it was ugly and I just didn't feel like coping so I checked out! Easy to know why I did it but still irritating to me.
                          Last edited by paulywogg; August 4, 2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

You got it this time Pauly!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

361/365 is an amazing feat Pauly! You got this for sure.

Pav

Comment

January=0 drinkin days
                                February=0 drinkin days
                                March=4 drinkin days
                                April=0 drinkin days
                                May=0 drinkin days
                                June=0 drinkin days
                                July=0 drinkin days
                                August=0 drinkin days
                                What a year this has been just looking back, all that's gone on is alot! I'm ready for fall and am gonna decorate for Halloween next week, yes it's early but I'm done with this long, hot ,ugly boring summer, Louie keeps drawing pictures of the beach and wants to go, I feel bad cuz I wanna go too but I'm not wearing a mask to the beach (imagine those tan lines) wait til next year and pray things are better, been trying to learn Spanish with duolingo but I suck when I hear real spanish people talking and I doubt I'll ever sound like that, even when I say the few words I know to them they look at me like I'm from mars! Can't get the proper pronunciation down, meh keep on keeping on.

Comment

Working...
                                X