Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MWO Changes

Thank you for your good work.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Originally posted by Forum Manager View Post
      I know it's human nature to look at the worst of things, and I understand completely why it's hard to trust that this place has changed for the better. But I keep hoping you'll notice! No spam. And most importantly, no trolling. No one to wreak havoc, day after day, month after month, and year after year. Rules are in place to keep us rational, reasonable and most importantly, working together to help ourselves and others find a Way Out.

The changes made so far have been incremental. (Well, other than the fact that the trolls have been permanently and irrevocably banned, and that spam doesn't stick around anymore. Those are huge changes.) There will be more changes to come. We will continue to try to make everyone happy, knowing it never works out that way. At the very least, know that we will do what we can to make that happen, one-on-one or as a whole for the good of the greater community.

All my best,
      FM
      I have noticed and it is such an improvement. Thank you all admins/managers, etc.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Yes, thanks admin team. I notice the tool box is now a sticky. Right on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you so much to the admin and technical team for seeing that we no longer have the spam and horrible discord that was prevalent in the past. Here is to a bright and sustainable future for MWO .

Comment

Thank you for all the positive comments and the 'thanks' and the 'likes'. I appreciate the positive feedback. I don't mind negative feedback, though, so keep it coming.

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], no harm done. I understand completely about not understanding. I'm learning. But as far as the copyright is concerned think of it this way: the code is written and copyrighted by someone, just like a book. The code looks like this:
            A
            B
            Y

If someones comes along and changes it, to say,
            A
            B
            X
            Y

then they've misused the copyrighted material. Just like if someone was to change a sentence in a paragraph of a book, it's still plagiarism.

Of course, code looks something like this:
            <p style="text-align:left;">Left</p>
            <p style="text-align:center;">Center</p>
            <p style="text-align:right;">Right</p>

But you get the idea, right?

We want people to reach out, particularly if they're frustrated by something. I mean that. Not everything is right for us to respond to, or to implement. We'll try to do what's best for us, as a whole, first and foremost. But the whole is made up of each of you, and we want everyone to have ALL the candy, without making everyone sick. Or something like that. Again, you get the idea, right?

Best,
            FM

Comment

Hi lovely admin people

I’ve asked in the past whether I could subscribe without setting up a direct debit but haven’t received an answer. I would like to either subscribe or donate to show my appreciation for the work you do, but I don’t want to have any more automatic deductions from my bank account.

Is there another way to do this?
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                Hi lovely admin people

I’ve asked in the past whether I could subscribe without setting up a direct debit but haven’t received an answer. I would like to either subscribe or donate to show my appreciation for the work you do, but I don’t want to have any more automatic deductions from my bank account.

Is there another way to do this?
                Hello,

One off donations can be made via the Donate link listed on the Community drop down tab. Donation amounts are listed or custom amount can be self generated.

I will discuss this with [MENTION=9640]Forum Manager[/MENTION] incase this tab needs to be moved to a more obvious place.

Thanks for your interest.
                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What about people like me who don't use PayPal [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION], is there an alternative?
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    What about people like me who don't use PayPal [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION], is there an alternative?
                    No. Sorry, PayPal is currently the only option.
                    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Love the new "view first unread" thread feature [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]! At least I think it's new as I just noticed it this morning lol. Sure saves from scrolling back through the thread to where you last read! Keep up the great work on making MWO better!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        Love the new "view first unread" thread feature [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]! At least I think it's new as I just noticed it this morning lol. Sure saves from scrolling back through the thread to where you last read! Keep up the great work on making MWO better!
                        You also have the "My Unread Posts" button which gives you all of the posts you have not read split into threads. You can from there click the blue backed triangle to go to the latest unread thread.

I am not sure if you are also aware but under "Forum Tools" users can subscribe to new threads in a Forum area, or ignore all threads in that area altogether.

These features are available board wide.

Comment

Working...
                        X