Really struggling today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really struggling today

I'm really struggling today. If this doesn't end I'm going to go crazy. I'm trying to think positive thoughts but really having trouble. Please pray for me. Thank you

Hope your day get's better Tidegirl, you're in my thoughts and prayers....

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit-
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a fellow turns about
    When he might have won had he stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
    It seems to a faint and faltering man;
    Often the struggler has given up
    When he might have captured the victor's cup;
    And he learned too late when the night came down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
    The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It might be near when it seems afar;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Really struggling today

Thank you. My son is sick --we are going to the dr in a bit. He's been sleeping a lot and I'm afraid it's mono or something of that nature. He was eating pretty well but now has no appetite. We were supposed to go to Philly but had to cancel the trip

Comment

Hey [MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION], hang in there. You have the strength. Take a moment. Close your eyes and just breathe.:hug:
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Tidegirl. How is your son?

Here is a relapse prevention book/pdf that you might find useful (thanks ABC). What i like about it is chapter 1 shows some ideas on what/how to set out a daily living sober plan after you have stopped drinking and withdrawal period has finished.

Take it easy in the meantime and try to take care of yourself. Maybe have a glass of water out next to the booze, and sip some alternating with the booze when you're drinking.
          Last edited by Guitarista; June 23, 2017, 04:07 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

They think he has mono-- the test will be back Monday along with a CBC testing for lots of blood things. I have not drank today-- have only had water and some diet sodas. Thanks for the chapter on relapse prevention. I will read it. Just trying to stay busy as that always helps-- laundry, changing sheets etc. no sleep once again but that's par for the course at this point. My husband is going g to get his dad from cardiac rehab Sunday so again I must step up. I did get some healthy food to cook when I have an appetite again. Thank you for the support!

Comment

Hope all will be ok for your son. Take care of yourself friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, [MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION]. Please make sure to plan some alone time for yourself even if it is just brief moments. Self care is essential to remaining AF.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The link Guitarista sent was great. I read the entire book last night and worked on the workbook. Very helpful material and food for thought. It's a gloomy day here-- trying to stay busy will be challenging. Maybe I'll go to the gym as vigorous exercise was one thing recommended in the link. I know I'll go get some filets to cook for this evening and take care of getting a package off to my father's caregiver. Really hoping my child perks up today-- so tough to see him sick!

Comment

Working...
                  X