Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It seems like every two weeks

Originally posted by Tidegirl View Post
    I don't have any Valium unfortunately. I do have the antihistamine . I may take some now. I've been trying to drink some decaf tea. As always the lack of sleep is killer. From experience I know that I won't sleep for several days and probably won't eat much. I think the worst thing is the anxiety. I've been beating myself up about every little thing.
    You know that has made me wonder about our local detox. Coffee is available all the time and is essentially a staple but we also knock ourselves out with valium for like 12 hours initially and use whats called gravol here (dimenhydrinate, a shot in the butt). Its insanely expensive by brandname but if we ask the pharmacist its about a tenth of the cost for dimenhydrinate. My to be ex wife and I used to cross the border because it was so close and buy up motion pills by the multiple bottles. At that time we were addicted to dimenhydrinate for sleep so I know a bit about it. But its used so you can eat coming off severe alcohol. Mirtazapine is cheap and can help you sleep and get an appetite. Brandname is Remeron if people don't understand what mirtazapine is.

Diazepam (Valium) is used to put you to sleep but also to prevent siezure.

My father is addicted to Lorazepam which is 10 times more powerful by the mg. But short acting. Also to T3's which is codiene. But I am graceful enough to figure the fact and he does try to limit them. Understanding that with benzo's it may not be actually that you are in pain but you are actually in withdrawal as it escalates over time and you need more. Benzo's are a freaky product. Limit yourself to a month if you do get a script.

I too use tea all the time as a preference. Mine contains black tea so it has caffiene. Chai Tea to be precise. I found hard tap water difficult to handle at first, so products like kool aid or mio squirts worked well and continue to work well. Just expanding on what I previously said.

And yes I will pray.
    Last edited by empyr3al; July 9, 2017, 02:17 PM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Tidegirl View Post
      Has any body had this happen? I will feel awesome, so productive but every two weeks I will go down the rabbit hole. It's scary as I will lose 15 pounds during that time. I'm not even drinking much. I think it's that I'm drinking at all. My sister came this week and we have had a poor relationship since my mom passed. My dad is a maniac and he really upsets my 12 year old-- like to the point of extreme anxiety. The Deacon at church said I need to take care of my boy first. But I feel big time guilt about my dad. Guitaristas book was very helpful but not helpful enough I guess. Can anybody give me insight on therapy? I am doing it out patient but this is not working. This may wreck my marriage but I'm wondering if I should throw myself on my sword and go to rehab
      You need to get and keep sober, that will enable you to look after others and yourself. It is quite possible to get straight without meds, drink plenty of water, eat good food, keep yourself warm and keep telling yourself you can do this. I also used the mantra of "everything is manageable so long as I don't drink", or "I'll be ok if I don't drink". You can make your own words which mean something to you.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

[MENTION=20846]YouKayBee[/MENTION] the reason I mention drugs is that the first 72 hours is insane and dangerous and depending on length of alc use sometimes you need something else. Cross addiction or substitution is nuts so I appreciate what you said. Mirtazapine seems the least crazy out of them all. Your mantra's make sense after the initial withdrawal.
        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you all. I have no medicine but I'm doing ok so far. Worried of course but was able to drive. Husband is playing sports as that is his stress relief. I think the thing that gets me is the comments about how I could die. ( previously-- not today) I've never had a seizure and I know logically I usually feel far better afet a day or two.we go to London in 2 weeks and o can't mess that up. People keep calling and honestly I only recall half of what was said. We have an appointment for our kitty next week and I cannot recall it at all. Will call tomorrow. I keep saying that I have to get everything in perspective. I can't believe my husband has not noticed how bad the past 2 days have been, my sister is upset as she sees me rarely . I would like to just hand off my dad to her but that is not the way it will work. Thank you for your comments.

Comment

Don't worry [MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION] ... if you are okay now you are fine and will not die. Indicators are sweats, nausea, and regurgitation to the point you are dehydrated. 10% is the average after hardcore abuse daily. Do not worry about how you can die because its not common anymore and you would have to be drinking like 40oz a day. Here if its neccessary we will give IVs of water in hospitals if you reach that point of dehydration. As you probably know alcohol dehydrates you.

You sound fine. Don't think about what I said as you might die. Its a warning. Thank God everyday as you get sober. So maybe some books or something you love to do to keep you preoccupied. Avoid things you loved to do while drinking for a while.

Still will pray for you. Sending you love and compassion because thats neccessary.
            Last edited by empyr3al; July 9, 2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Thank you. One of my sons friends invited jarls over tonight, these people have been really nice to me so I feel I owe them. They will be over in a couple of hours. Thanks for the prayers!!

Comment

Oops himself!

Comment

I did have a couple of low alcohol beers to stave off withdrawals. I will just quit that-- yes I am having sweats but it's not anything I haven't experienced before. Hubby is gone now to CA for work. I have a hard time reaching out for help but I may do it in the next days.

Comment

[MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION], there is a site you can look at for alcohol withdrawal using alcohol but you really need to be committed. You are actually reaching for help being on the forum itself, so don't discount it or yourself. God the shakes and sweats suck.

Comment

I have gotten help for tomorrow and fed my boy. This is about all I can manage now.

Comment

Working...
                      X