This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Way Out needs your help!

I have not subscribed yet as my financial situation hasn't made it possible.
    Thanks to MWO things are getting sorted and I should be able to contribute/support in the near future.
    I will not however create a PayPal account.
    One of our company's online registration/pay programs uses PayPal but the option to just enter Credit Card is available without signing up.
    Perhaps the online payment options just needs to be tweaked a little?
    Regardless of what happens I wouldn't be where I am today without MWO....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Just updated my subscription.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

It did look like you could just pay with credit card like. Click on the link and it takes you to a page where you can select credit card option.

A quick question. How long until I get my subscriber status back. Do you have to wait for the authorization to go thru from PayPal? I was going to change the color of my name. LOL
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora,

The Administrator will manually update all the new subscribers when he logs back in. You should all be able to show off your colorful usernames by tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Forum Manager View Post
            Hi Nora,

The Administrator will manually update all the new subscribers when he logs back in. You should all be able to show off your colorful usernames by tomorrow!
            You know - it's the little things in life. :rotlf:
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi
              i asked this question a while ago but didn't receive a reply.

Is there a way to become a subscriber without committing to an automatic debit? I'd be happy to pay on a regular basis, but I've had problems in the past with having money automatically withdrawn from my account at an arbitrary exchange rate and which has incurred international transaction fees.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                Hi
                i asked this question a while ago but didn't receive a reply.

Is there a way to become a subscriber without committing to an automatic debit? I'd be happy to pay on a regular basis, but I've had problems in the past with having money automatically withdrawn from my account at an arbitrary exchange rate and which has incurred international transaction fees.
                Donations can be made using the Donate link which is in the Community dropdown panel. Donate.

Donations do not form part of a subscription package so people who donate will have to PM an administrator after they have donated so thier permissions can be updated.
                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Pay Pal

Please note that using the pay pal platform is currently the only way of payments being made.

From what I can gather, if you wish to SUBSCRIBE I.E. make regular monthly/ three monthly or annual payments, wherever you are you can pay by bank card BUT this will in turn lead to a pay pal account being opened if you are not using an existing account.

If you would like to DONATE I.E. make an ad hoc payment you can pay by bank card as a guest and NOT need to open a pay pal account.

For those wishing to subscribe using the DONATE method can do so using the $50 or $100 amounts, representing 3 months and 12 months membership accordingly. You will then need to ensure your payments are maintained to avoid your subscription lapsing. You will also need to PM an administrator to advise them of your payment so your permissions can be updated.

Subscribe.

Donate.
                  Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]! I got it to work and paid my annual subscription fee. I know for a fact that I used to drink way more than $135 bucks per week, never mind per year!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forum Manager View Post
                      The Administrator is the payment guru so he will be able to answer more about the credit card option. It appears that you can use a CC but still have to go through PayPal.
                      Why can we not choose our monthly contribution? If that can't be done, I guess I'll choose the yearly $100 option but that is less than I had planned to pay over 12 months.
                      Thanks, NS
                      Last edited by NoSugar; July 27, 2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        Why can we not choose our monthly contribution? If that can't be done, I guess I'll choose the yearly $100 option but that is less than I had planned to pay over 12 months.
                        Thanks, NS
                        Never mind - I was able to choose my amount via Donate. Thanks, NS

Comment

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who has donated and subscribed so far! We can't thank you enough.

Comment

I'm now a subscriber.
                            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

[MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] - how did we do on subscriptions? Did we generate enough money to help meet the needs of keeping MWO up and running?
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION],

The subscription drive has been a wonderful success so far! Subscribers are now covering approximately 80% of the monthly forum expenses. (I say "approximately" because PayPal eats about $3.20-$4.70 per $100 donated, so the numbers aren't exact.) We are tremendously grateful. I was, and remain, simply amazed by the outpouring of support.

We are trying to figure out a way to keep the forum members up-to-date on subscriptions. The staff are discussing having some sort of infographic (something like a temperature gauge or speedometer) that shows subscription levels in real time. The specifics will be up to our technical wizard [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION].

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to support this wonderful forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X