Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: September Army!!!

Dear peeps,

Yis are all still out galavanting? You do know it's dark now (Bridgey, dunno if it's dark with you the now?!). Best be getting back in and ready for the week ahead.

Yours,

Willy-nae-mates

Comment

Originally posted by RunningCourage View Post
      Dear peeps,

Yis are all still out galavanting? You do know it's dark now (Bridgey, dunno if it's dark with you the now?!). Best be getting back in and ready for the week ahead.

Yours,

Willy-nae-mates
      Hey wee willy nae mates

I'm in, just!
      Back in mo x

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        Oh bridgey WTF is right!!? Do you need to take them all in? Yer own lad I understand but......?

Joe's sister rang him last week to tell him her house was burnt down - to my SHAME my first thought was ' oh please don't want to come to mine' (thankfully she didn't but guessing there's another ' yet' in there!!!)
        Late to the party.
        Was working all weekend

Now Molls fuck that for a game of soldiers - NO WAY.
        The insurance will pay for a hotel & she'll get her house re-built :thumbsup:

Comment

Dear peeps,

Yours,

Willy-nae-mates
          Just catching up Willie - have yet to read & digest your big long post above ............... I may save it for bed.

Bridge - so sorry that all that has landed on you. :hug:
          Why are they all with you ?

Comment

Rant alert.
            [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] - re the brother and SIL plans, so here goes:

Face-timed them yesterday - lovely to see my niece with her long growing blonde locks, taller than ever and as verbally demanding as ever too! So, background: My SIL had a miscarriage earlier in the year. They had told us all very early on in the pregnancy that SIL was pregnant. Mum (in happy excitement at being a grandparent again) told wider family and friends.... Fast forward to August: My maw and paw were down in Brighton seeing them 3 weeks ago after they said it was not possible to visit during the summer. Perhaps I ought to have made more effort over the summer to go down, but tbh, was not in the headspace for it - though is this just a selfish excuse? The last time they were up at my folks was, I think, Xmas last year - so it has been AGES since they were in Scotland. My maw is desperate for them to come up and for Maisie to spend time with them - and me - in Scotland. SO... At the start of August I said I was thinking of coming down in Oct - but then my SIL (and mum) said they were possibly thinking of coming up in Oct. So i press pause in booking anything. Texts follow from me to ascertain whether I need to book or Oct or of they're coming up - aware that if I;m going down I need to inform the company I direct as it would mean i'm not available for a couple of rehearsals.

While down 3 weeks ago, my maw apparently said 'no' to them coming up in December - so cld see wider family pre-xmas (they'll be in Brighton for Xmas, my folks said they'd be in Perth) (fuck knows where i'll be :haha - maw's reason being that on previous occasions there has been travel issues coming up (train cancellations and the like) and apparently maw feeling that coming up in Oct there'd be less likely to be a travel issue. (I thought that the pressure might be that I'd not seen Maisie in donkeys, so to come up and see her Uncle... but maybe not). ANYWAY (sorry this is affa long)...

SIL discloses to me that she is pregnant again. They found out 2 days before maw and paw came to visit last month. Did not want to tell them - esp' my bro who was angry with my maw for telling quite a few peeps re the pregnancy earlier in the year. So conversations about them coming up were a little antagonistic as SIL and bro want to wait until 12 week scan - in Oct - before making public the pregnancy (assuming all is well)... and they don't yet know when in Oct the 12 scan will be (likely know this coming week i think). SO... I thought easiest thing would be for me to come down for a few days in Oct, them not to worry about the 12-scan fitting into traveling, and then coming up to stay at my folks for a few days in early Dec. (Xmas is very difficult for SIL as she is a GP and works over Xmas - i.e. she's working Xmas eve, then back on the 27th so not like they can go anywhere).

I text maw last night, received a reply saying she was "very disappointed" that they're not coming up in Oct and i'm like. FFS :rant: I can't seem to do anything right - and then feel bad for my folks for denying them being able to see their granddaughter sooner....

Once again - a fucking long rant but just needed to get it out of me... and it's prolly all inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Normal services resumed.
            Jeez MrD'Arsey/our willie ( as they say in my part of country)

Glad you did get that out of you, sounds like you needed it.

What I take from it all after quick read back is how much you're blaming yourself or holding yourself responsible for the actions/inaction of others.
            I can understand where your bro and sis in law are coming from, wanting to wait til after scan. Also can understand how your Maw and Paw would dearly love to see them up in Scotland. Then there's you, Uncle D'Arsey😊 Stuck maybe in between? Don't beat yourself up over not going down in Summer.
            No1- it's gone/over in past and f all you can do now.
            No2- if your headspace weren't right then you prob did best not going
            No3- you indicated a desire to go down Oct so hopefully the bro and S-I-L will accept this and it can happen

I'd imagine if all goes well with scan they'd like to get up and see your folks before Christmas and in meantime you can go down and see your niece in Oct. win-win, no?

You can't feel guilty or bad over that m'dear x like me I think you worry too much over others and put your own feelings and best interests to side.

We are kinda in similar situation with my bro and sis-in-law. They live near her home place next to her parents, who get to see my darling nephew every day they've been going thru IVF unsuccessfully so far unfortunately and so haven't got up to me my Daddy much. thankfully we are only a few hours drive away and can visit them quite often. Tho I don't like my bro's in- laws- that's another story!

It's amazing how little children, my nephew, your niece I'm sure, can lift your spirit, make you laugh and look at world through kiddies eyes again!

Comment

Evening Satz - youse all happy campers in your house tonight? Was MrS at the game?

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                Jesus Christ, Molls. Bloody alcohol. There's not an ounce of dignity in it.

Evening everyone, or morning as it is. Sorry to hear about your brother Starty. My own has turned up in a world of pain a couple of days ago. His little girl came to visit today and he had to tell my Father - on Father's Day - that he's separated from his wife. Tears all round. Happy Father's Day all!! They had been gone not ten minutes and my nephew asks my brother if he can come and stay with him as his own fiancee just kicked him out. My brother then breaks the news to his son and it looks like I might have them both with me as well as my boy in the same situation.........Me and three down and out men. I think I'll move out and leave them to it!! They all came with dogs as well???
                Ah Bridget- is there something in the water over there or wtf is going on?
                Sorry to hear about it all? Hope you're not trying to pick up the pieces and hold them all together? Try look after you in amongst it x

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=18312]sweetpea29[/MENTION] ... spoke to me maw and I she understands my need to see the wee one before she suddenly turns into a teen, me a geriatric and before you know it yours truly has the pallbearers called :haha: Tho I do think she is very disappointed still that they're not coming up before Dec - it was last Dec they were all in Scotland so understand her sense of being peed off. What I also find really sad is that she does;t know how my brother's a wee bit angry with her - or not trusting of her enough to tell her that his wife is pregnant, yet they tell her side of the family (well, her mum - sadly her dad and brother have both died, perhaps a reason they tell her? Or maybe they trust her not to share the news at all?). And I would hate to see the relationship between my bro and my folks become more distant as the wee one gets older. I'm sure it won't, but I dunno... I understand his frustration at maw telling peeps about SIL's pregnancy last time, but also feel for her - that he's kinda (wittingly or not) pushing her/paw ever further away.

And I mean, FFS, there's already about 500 miles between them!

Sorry, that just splurged out. And yes, Peapie, sounds really quite similar to your situation with your bro - hope you get to see your nephew enough? And that their IVF has a happy ending.

Kiddies eyes - one week to go before I am in locus parentis for 28 5yr olds :egad: Not sure what they'll see when they see me...
                  7263-fitandcrop-405x320.jpg

Comment

Hey [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] - sorry to hear about yer bro. Never nice news that to hear.

Don't mean to make light... but what is about down and out men and dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea29 View Post
                      Evening Satz - youse all happy campers in your house tonight? Was MrS at the game?
                      I'M the DUB in this house Sweetie - he's just a wannabe :haha:
                      Likes to jump on all sorts of bandwagons !!

Comment

Sorry not been around much dogs and adult children not long gone......got some very sad news this evening........Mr JC's uncle died early this evening......was having his post Sunday dinner snooze and just went to sleep forever............A lovely man, proper Geordie bloke, a neuclear physicist ( not bad for a lad brought up in the shipyards), a true gent, my oldest friend on FB he was 92. A good age but he'll be missed for a lot of things not just his wicked sense of humour.

Sorry again, I'll have a proper read back tomorrow.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=18312]

Kiddies eyes - one week to go before I am in locus parentis for 28 5yr olds :egad: Not sure what they'll see when they see me...
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4395[/ATTACH]
                          STOP that Mr D'Arsey.
                          Little 5 year olds are still pure thank feck, have no prejudice and are non-judgemental. We'll manage to teach them plenty over the years
                          In the meantime I'd say you could arrive with your head hanging off and they'd still love you.

Comment

Evening,
                            RC, your brother need to have a little word with your mam and clear the air. You can phrase these things so as not to offend. But your family sounds completely normal in every way :happy2: as do yours SweatPea, with your lovely inlaws
                            Bridge, how long would your brother suggest to stay for? Also, does he drink? Do you want him there?

Am knackered (its my permanent state these days).. trying to remember why I signed up for this marathon business. On the plus side, they are all moaning about giving up the gargle.. at least I have that one in the bag!
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

SIL discloses to me that she is pregnant again. They found out 2 days before maw and paw came to visit last month. Did not want to tell them - esp' my bro who was angry with my maw for telling quite a few peeps re the pregnancy earlier in the year. So conversations about them coming up were a little antagonistic as SIL and bro want to wait until 12 week scan - in Oct - before making public the pregnancy (assuming all is well)... and they don't yet know when in Oct the 12 scan will be (likely know this coming week i think). SO... I thought easiest thing would be for me to come down for a few days in Oct, them not to worry about the 12-scan fitting into traveling, and then coming up to stay at my folks for a few days in early Dec.
                              My take on this RC ?
                              You are piggy in the middle.
                              But I would tell your Maw that you are going down in Oct as they cannot travel at that time & they will travel up in early December.
                              It seems they've been through a lot and I can understand 'their headspace' not being right to travel north & be happy clappy in your Mam's?
                              Full time jobs - young kid - miscarriage ? A lot of shit D'Arcey non ?
                              And now maybe scared stiff it might happen again .....

Ring the Maw & Paw and tell them the arrangement stands - that's what I'd do....

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                Sorry not been around much dogs and adult children not long gone......got some very sad news this evening........Mr JC's uncle died early this evening......was having his post Sunday dinner snooze and just went to sleep forever............A lovely man, proper Geordie bloke, a neuclear physicist ( not bad for a lad brought up in the shipyards), a true gent, my oldest friend on FB he was 92. A good age but he'll be missed for a lot of things not just his wicked sense of humour.

Sorry again, I'll have a proper read back tomorrow.
                                Ah Jacks deepest sympathy to you all x
                                Sounds like an interesting gent alright, may he rest in peace x
                                Thought though, what a lovely peaceful way to depart this world. Rather than in a busy, noisy hospital ward surrounded by strangers, as is too often the case for our older generation

Comment

Working...
                                X